+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: visitor visa rejected - "other reasons" ?

peppapig123

May 29, 2018
Hi everybody! just need some thoughts... I am already a pr here in Canada and I would like either my mom or mom-in-law to apply for a visitor visa here in Canada. My primary reason is to take care of my 2 kids this summer vacation. I know daycares can be an answer but there aren't a lot of daycares here and currently on waiting list. Can I use the reasons "tour/visit in Canada as well as oversee my children this summer vacation while me and my spouse are at work?" The visitor has their own money to bring for their expenses (but of course will stay at our place). Can I also write a separate letter explaining the reason about the part of taking care of the children with the assurance that the visitor will not overstay here in Canada. we don't want to have a record in the gov't/immigration that we invited someone who overstayed here in Canada.... any thoughts... thank you!

Mr.Gul

Star Member
May 28, 2018
They will never be that specific. CIC officers can't be assessing what each people need to provide, that would take too long and the queue is quite long for people requesting TRVs. The reason stated is good enough for you to figure out what was missing.

Providing all required documents is the bare minimum expected and in no way points at a positive outcome. It is all about how good are your documents, your situation and the purpose of visit.

From the explanation given by the CIC officer it seems that your job is not to be stable enough; in fact any job that gives six weeks to an employee cannot be considered a strong tie. Also six weeks to visit a cousin seems a little far fetched, what are you going to do in so much time? Usually visits are around 2-3 weeks tops. CIC would want to see around 1K CAD savings per week after accomodations.

It also appears that the CIC officer frowned at 6 weeks and look for similar trips in your history. Ideally the officer would want to see at least a couple of 6 weeks (or more time) trips to visa requiring countries in the recent past, this will establish that it is common for you to take these kind of trips. Hopefully you provided a full schedule for your full visit: points of interests and activities... "just visiting" a cousin is not a good reson to stay in Canada for such a long time.

Anyway, hopefully you realize your application was weak and that the reasons given are enough for you to work on.
Hi friend, can you pls reply yo my post

Kanikananda

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi

I hold a pr canada visa yet to land there..i applied for my parents visa along with my sister and my inlaws visitor visa last week from India via an agent and recieved a refusal mail for all 5 of them today in the morning..we submitted the below shared documents for both the parents and yet recieved a rejection
1. Property papers resedential and commercial
2. Fd’s for more than decent amt
3. Bank statements
4.ITR
5.inlaws travel history ( uk , europe, asian cowntries) my parents and sisiter ( newzealand).
The agents was cox and kings....
Reason for rejection is same as stated in other posts. We are just not able to digest the news as we provided almots every document possible and yet recieved a rejection for all 5 of them .. kindly advice as to how to go abt the same.. when should we reapply and be ensured of not recieving a rejection second time also for my parents i can ask my aunt to sponsor them ( shld this be help ful)

Please help !!!

Thanks

Kanikananda

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi

I hold a pr canada visa yet to land there..i applied for my parents visa along with my sister and my inlaws visitor visa last week from India via an agent and recieved a refusal mail for all 5 of them today in the morning..we submitted the below shared documents for both the parents and yet recieved a rejection
3. Bank statements
4.ITR
5.inlaws travel history ( uk , europe, asian cowntries) my parents and sisiter ( newzealand).
Reason for rejection is same as stated in other posts. We are just not able to digest the news as we provided almots every document possible and yet recieved a rejection for all 5 of them .. kindly advice as to how to go abt the same.. when should we reapply and be ensured of not recieving a rejection second time also for my parents i can ask my aunt to sponsor them ( shld this be help ful)

Please help !!!

Thanks
@Bryanna please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

3. Bank statements
4.ITR

Please help !!!

Thanks
Hi,

Unfortunately, TRV refusals were guaranteed for all of them.

Simple reason: To IRCC, it seems your parents, sister, and your in-laws want to move to Canada as pseudo-PRs with you and your wife. This is not expected of visitors.

It's surprising that Cox & Kings advised your relatives to apply knowing fully well that they would be refused. But, then for money/fees, wrong advice is regularly doled out without the human consideration that such refusals are avoidable and will forever reflect on the applicants' visa history. Anyways.

Short advice:
Do NOT reapply for several months. No, your aunt cannot sponsor (visitors cannot be sponsored) nor should she invite them (after you land as PR, it would seem unusual if your aunt invites your relatives instead of you).

Your relatives must apply several months after you have landed and settled in. Even at that point, I would NOT recommend all of them applying together simultaneously. It would need application of thought + assessment of each applicant's individual situation before recommending the sequence of submitting their applications

Cheers

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
I am going to apply for visitor visa for my mother. I am worried about her application and fear it will be rejected as I have heard several stories like that, in this thread and through friends.
Details of mother:
1. My mother is widow and I am her only son and her only direct relation, her siblings and parent are no more alive.
2. She has never worked and is a family pensioner.
3. She holds liquid assets and bank accounts altogether perhaps close to 200000 CAD.
4. She owns an apartment, in which she currently stays.
5. She has traveled to US on visitor visa on two visits and stayed 3 and 5 months respectively.

My details
1. I have been a landed PR for last one year. I worked for last 8 months as a software engineer.
2. I am currently switching jobs and in India during the break.

I want to apply for my mother's visitor visa while I am in India and help her with the paperwork.

So my questions

A. Should she apply for a visitor visa or Super visa . Does one have better odds than other? I don't expect her to stay more than 6 months in Canada practically.
B. What can I do to improve her odds in the application.

Many thanks for reading!

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I am going to apply for visitor visa for my mother. I am worried about her application and fear it will be rejected as I have heard several stories like that, in this thread and through friends.
Details of mother:
1. My mother is widow and I am her only son and her only direct relation, her siblings and parent are no more alive.
3. She holds liquid assets and bank accounts altogether perhaps close to 200000 CAD.
5. She has traveled to US on visitor visa on two visits and stayed 3 and 5 months respectively.

My details
1. I have been a landed PR for last one year. I worked for last 8 months as a software engineer.

I want to apply for my mother's visitor visa while I am in India and help her with the paperwork.

So my questions

A. Should she apply for a visitor visa or Super visa . Does one have better odds than other? I don't expect her to stay more than 6 months in Canada practically.

Many thanks for reading!
you said you only worked 8 months, so does your notice of assessment meet the minimum income requirement?

Reactions: rusticdud

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Details of mother:

My details

So my questions

Many thanks for reading!
If your mom intends to visit for 6 months or less, a regular TRV (not a super visa) would be a better option. Your income is supplementary/secondary for a TRV.

BTW she would not be stating a visit of 6 months, only for 3-4 weeks.

You may not be able to prove that you meet LICO. So, a super visa may not be the correct visa. Alternatively, you may want to move back, find a job and work for several months before she can apply for a super visa.

1. What documents does she intend to submit?

2. What are the sources of her income? Does she need to return to India to renew the pension?

3. What compelling reasons to show she must return to India?

Reactions: rusticdud

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
you said you only worked 8 months, so does your notice of assessment meet the minimum income requirement?
Last year (2017) I worked only 2 months in Canada and around 5 months in USA. My notice of assessment is around 33k which is more than the LICO of 24k for a single guy.

This year I have already earned around 40k for half the year and have met the LICO.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
Thanks for replying Bryanna. So when someone is applying for Super visa can they state they want parents to come for longer term?

I have put my replies in red below. Please let me know what you think is the strength of her case. Any other advice you would recommend to improve the strength of her case.

Much appreciate your help and the detailed reply here.

-----------------------
If your mom intends to visit for 6 months or less, a regular TRV (not a super visa) would be a better option. Your income is supplementary/secondary for a TRV.

You may not be able to prove that you meet LICO. So, a super visa may not be the correct visa. Alternatively, you may want to move back, find a job and work for several months before she can apply for a super visa.
-I think i will meet the LICO but not by a big margin for a single person in 2017 (33k vs 24k)

- Family pensioner from her husbands bank job. This will stop if she moves out of country permanently
- House property documents.
- Proof of fixed deposits held in banks in India

2. What are the sources of her income? Does she need to return to India to renew the pension?
-Yes pension needs life certificate to be given in person every year. Otherwise it will stop
-Her income is pension + interest from Fixed deposit savings in India. She doesn't depend on me at all. I have never transferred money to her.

- From my persepctive - its house, pension and her assets in banks.
- She stayed in US on visitor visa for 3 and 5 months respectively and still went back to India. It was 5 months only because I had a medical situation and she helped me out. Otherwise she never wants to stay more than 2 or 3 months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
-----------------------

-I think i will meet the LICO but not by a big margin for a single person in 2017 (33k vs 24k)
As you're not employed currently, a super visa is ruled out.

Even for a TRV, I would recommend she does not apply until you move back.... find a job.... settle in for a few months (your Canadian bank balance begins to increase, you find a place to stay, etc).... otherwise it would seem like she is moving back with you + her application won't have your supporting documents (your Canadian financials, residence address, etc)

- Family pensioner from her husbands bank job. This will stop if she moves out of country permanently
- House property documents.
- Proof of fixed deposits held in banks in India
Do post the list of documents.

-Yes pension needs life certificate to be given in person every year. Otherwise it will stop
-Her income is pension + interest from Fixed deposit savings in India. She doesn't depend on me at all. I have never transferred money to her.
If I'm not mistaken, I think pension must be renewed in November.

- From my persepctive - its house, pension and her assets in banks.
- She stayed in US on visitor visa for 3 and 5 months respectively and still went back to India. It was 5 months only because I had a medical situation and she helped me out. Otherwise she never wants to stay more than 2 or 3 months.
Property and bank assets are *inactive* and do not compel someone to return home.

You would need to think of some other compelling reasons.... I recommend including at least 2-3 such reasons with evidence. For example, a wedding in the immediate family, minor surgery, government matters, property/home renovations or maintenance, etc.

When did she visit the US?
Does she have a valid US visa? Any plans for visiting the US too? Any relatives/friends in the US?
Does she volunteer for any social or charity causes?

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
@Bryanna
First of all tons of thanks to taking time to reply and helping others out. Really appreciate the selfless service you are doing here.

As you're not employed currently, a super visa is ruled out.

I agree. I will only be considering the TRV 6 months right now then.

Even for a TRV, I would recommend she does not apply until you move back.... find a job.... settle in for a few months (your Canadian bank balance begins to increase, you find a place to stay, etc).... otherwise it would seem like she is moving back with you + her application won't have your supporting documents (your Canadian financials, residence address, etc)

- I have a offer letter for my next job and I am starting work on July 16th. The pay is also very good - in 6 figures - and my Canadian balance is strong now but will certainly improve in next few months. You are right this is a nagging worry for me - since I am doing her tourist visa while I am here in India, it might look fishy, even though the reason purely is that it is easy for me to procure documents and prepare application on her behalf while I am in India.

On the other hand I feel maybe I can put an application now and if it gets rejected I can do again in 6 months when my probation at new work place would be over. She doesn't plan to visit anyway until next summer. Your thoughts between the two options? Does a rejection look bad on the history? Or should I just wait till December or early 2019.

If I'm not mistaken, I think pension must be renewed in November.
- Yes November 15th she has to be in India. Pension is not huge though, just around 130 CAD per month because it is family pension on behalf of her late husband.

Property and bank assets are *inactive* and do not compel someone to return home.
- That's true.

You would need to think of some other compelling reasons.... I recommend including at least 2-3 such reasons with evidence. For example, a wedding in the immediate family, minor surgery, government matters, property/home renovations or maintenance, etc.
- Home renovations and maintenance, weddings in extended family are frequent for her. I will think more about this and try to add more genuine needs.

When did she visit the US?
Does she have a valid US visa? Any plans for visiting the US too? Any relatives/friends in the US?
Does she volunteer for any social or charity causes?
- She has valid US visa until 2022. She visited me for 3 months in 2015 and 5 months in 2016. Is it bad for her application that she stayed several months in both cases in US, first visit was tourism second one was tourism plus my surgery and recovery which she helped in.
- She has cousins/nephews/nieces in US but no one in Canada really. I will certainly add in the application that next summer she wants to visit me for few weeks and then extended family in US during the same trip before heading back to India.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hi

3. Bank statements
4.ITR

Please help !!!

Thanks
They shouldn't have applied for a TRV before you've even landed. This had rejection written all over it.

MRG1

Jan 3, 2012
Hi @Bryanna & All
I live Qatar and work as a Banker for the past years. Earlier I had worked in Saudi for years again as a Banker. Prior to these countries I studied and lived in UK from 2007 till 2012. I applied for TRV for two times and both rejected. First I applied from Qatar and yes my documents may have not been to strong. They mentioned the reasons as

Your immigration status
Your travel history
immigration status in country of residence
travel history

I didn't understand the connection between 1 & 3 and 2 & 4. Can you please explain.

Also the second time I applied from my home country during a holiday and also got refused. Here I attached my property deeds, valuation of house and letter from my father who owns a business showing my share ownership and my connection to this business (Business consultant). This time the refusal grounds were as follows;
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada".

My visit was with only with my wife leaving the kids with our parents. The purpose of the visit was for an approved exploratory visit where I submitted the approval from the province, invitation letter and a supporting letter from them.

Please advise what I should do and what I am missing with.

Thanks in Advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@MRG1

IMO, this is the reason for the TRV refusal:
The purpose of the visit was for an approved exploratory visit where I submitted the approval from the province, invitation letter and a supporting letter from them.
In stating this purpose of visit, you have declared your intention to remain long-term in Canada which is not expected of a visitor.

It might seem contradictory: On one hand you're looking to immigrate and need to first visit to assess if your future plans are feasible, whereas on the other hand as a visitor you need to prove that you will visit only for a short-stay

Reactions: MRG1