+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: visitor visa rejected - "other reasons" ?

MRG1

Jan 3, 2012
@MRG1

IMO, this is the reason for the TRV refusal:

In stating this purpose of visit, you have declared your intention to remain long-term in Canada which is not expected of a visitor.

It might seem contradictory: On one hand you're looking to immigrate and need to first visit to assess if your future plans are feasible, whereas on the other hand as a visitor you need to prove that you will visit only for a short-stay
Thanks @Bryanna. So it is recommended not to disclose about the exploratory visit in my next application. Can I please know what should I do get a TRV. I really thought as I submitted a good number of paper documents (Bank statements/Employer letter/House valuation/ Copy of deed/Fathers business registration showing me as a share holder/ Letter from the business showing my capacity) and finally the papers from Modern. I did also submitted one page cover letter stating all reasons for my visit and included about the exploratory visit as my main reason for the TRV. So, can I please no where should I improve on? I have not travelled after coming from Saudi in 2012 and before that I was in UK for nearly 5 years.

Also, please note in both applications I requested for maximum 10 days stay as I had commitments (Children/employment).

Please advise us.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks @Bryanna. So it is recommended not to disclose about the exploratory visit in my next application.
It's already on record. You cannot give a significantly different purpose of visit. BTW there were other applicants who were refused for the same reason. You can search this forum. I remember only one member whose brother was eventually successful in getting a TRV.

Can I please know what should I do get a TRV. I really thought as I submitted a good number of paper documents (Bank statements/Employer letter/House valuation/ Copy of deed/Fathers business registration showing me as a share holder/ Letter from the business showing my capacity) and finally the papers from Modern. I did also submitted one page cover letter stating all reasons for my visit and included about the exploratory visit as my main reason for the TRV.
1. Do post the list of documents you submitted.

2. Do keep in mind you need to prove your individual strong ties and not your dad's ties.

3. When did you apply?

So, can I please no where should I improve on? I have not travelled after coming from Saudi in 2012 and before that I was in UK for nearly 5 years.
Your stay in both countries was long-term and doesn't support a Travel History per se for a TRV

Reactions: MRG1

MRG1

Jan 3, 2012
It's already on record. You cannot give a significantly different purpose of visit. BTW there were other applicants who were refused for the same reason. You can search this forum. I remember only one member whose brother was eventually successful in getting a TRV.

1. Do post the list of documents you submitted.

2. Do keep in mind you need to prove your individual strong ties and not your dad's ties.

3. When did you apply?

Your stay in both countries was long-term and doesn't support a Travel History per se for a TRV
I submitted the following documents;
Letter from Employer, Banks statements for 4 months from the country of residence with CAD 5K+, Bank confirmation from my home country for our Bank balances and Fixed Deposit worth CAD42K along with the Bank statements for 3 months, Copy of deed of my property in my name and a recent valuation copy (CAD 140K+), birth certificates of both kids, Business registration (30 years old family business) where my name is included for long as a share holder, Letter from the founder (Father) mentioning that I provide consultation services on marketing and finance from abroad and finally the approved invitation from Modern and a supporting letter.

I first applied in April 2018 from Qatar and was refused as I mentioned earlier. Here I did not mention on the exploratory visit and requested for TRV. Then during my vacation in July 2018 I provided all above and applied from Sri Lanka and still was refused.

Hope I addressed all your queries.

Reactions: Manpreet_2233

Roopnarain

Jul 6, 2017
Hi @Bryanna,
I need your help.
My elder brother applied thro indian agent for tourist visa to canada in july,2018 to visit us and visit different places, but his application refusal grounds were as follows;
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada"
* he has travel history with in last 2 years to singapore, malasia and dubai for vacation of 1 week.
*He is private veterinary doctor and well settle farmer, he is not working under any employer..
*he had good bank balance, he had farm J forms which they are geting after cutting and LIC policies,
And he is married and his wife and 2 kids in india.
*I also attached my Pr card and sponsorship letter to his file +$18000 dollar in my bank account.
*my mom and dad are staying with me in canada on supervisa from 6 months . My dad gave him supporting letter for supporting him financialy. My lawyer add up my mum and dad’s passport with visa. I want to reapply his visitor visa now on my marriage anniversary(December 2018).may be it can be strong reason to visit us. I already applied my husband’s PR case 5 months ago. I am totally confused but i have to do. Can you please help me.. what more i can add up in his file?
Thank you..

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna,
I need your help.
My elder brother applied thro indian agent for tourist visa to canada in july,2018 to visit us and visit different places, but his application refusal grounds were as follows;
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada"
* he has travel history with in last 2 years to singapore, malasia and dubai for vacation of 1 week.
Unfortunately these countries don't count as travel history. The visa officer would like to see travel to the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ etc.

*He is private veterinary doctor and well settle farmer, he is not working under any employer..
What documents did he submit for both of this?

Does he own the agricultural land?

Does he employ farm workers and employees for his veterinary practice?

Rent office space? ITR for the veterinary practice?

Any loans for farm equipment?

*he had good bank balance, he had farm J forms which they are geting after cutting and LIC policies,
LIC policies don't help for liquid cash.

Did he borrow money or transfer money between accounts without submitting an explanation?

And he is married and his wife and 2 kids in india.
How old are his children? What do they do? Do they live in a joint family?

Does your brother own property? If yes, any mortgage?

Does he have credit cards?

My dad gave him supporting letter for supporting him financialy.
This letter of financial support was a big no.

My lawyer add up my mum and dad’s passport with visa.
Again, another mistake because it puts the focus on your family being in Canada.

I want to reapply his visitor visa now on my marriage anniversary(December 2018).may be it can be strong reason to visit us.
Is it a milestone wedding anniversary? Any bookings?

Roopnarain

Jul 6, 2017
He never travel to US or UK.

What documents did he submit for both of this?
He had old passport for stamps of singapore and dubai entries.
Does he own the agricultural land?[/QUOTE]
my dad has agricultural land, he was helping my dad and now my dad are here, he is alone working on it, and he alone taking care of all land..
Does he employ farm workers and employees for his veterinary practice?[/QUOTE]
In india we never employ farm worker whole year, its seasonal farm workers. Their is no recor ed to show for their pay..
he is working privately by own, he don’t rent any office, but he has good tie up with pharmacy people
Rent office space? ITR for the veterinary practice?[/QUOTE]
He is keeping all stuff at home. Working from home. He had own visiting card shows he is private doctor ..
Any loans for farm equipment?[/QUOTE]
No , he bought with cash money..

LIC policies don't help for liquid cash.[/QUOTE]
Did he borrow money or transfer money between accounts without submitting an explanation?[/QUOTE]

He keep his money in bank when he cultivate the farms and sending crops in large amount like tonnes of tractors in Mandi, mandi owners cash him out with the amount of crops price. He deposited it..

How old are his children? What do they do? Do they live in a joint family?[/QUOTE]
He has 7 years boy, he is studuying in school , he add his school certificate too and 2 months baby girly and his wife staying in india to take care of both kids. That is good family tie up in india, he can come back..
Does your brother own property? If yes, any mortgage?[/QUOTE]
he has almost everything , becz my dad made affidavit that he supporting him. He made CA report under that he is also add up with dad’s name.
Does he have credit cards?[/QUOTE]

I think so he has it.

This letter of financial support was a big no.[/QUOTE]

Than what they can do it..

Again, another mistake because it puts the focus on your family being in Canada.[/QUOTE]

Agent told me this is the strong point we can shows them his parents are here, so he ll get visa and want to meet them..

Is it a milestone wedding anniversary? Any bookings?[/QUOTE]
Thats my first marriage anniversary on 2nd dec, i am waiting for my husband’a PPR, if he is not getting i want to apply for both of them ( my husband and brother) we plans to celebrate it in canada in any good standard Bonquet hall. I have to do bookings for that in October.
Please please help me.i need your guidance .
Is their chance i can reapply him visitor visa on. My anniversary.?I want to let him here to visit me for short period..[/QUOTE]

Shaikh A

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I got a rejection letter today for my visa application (for a 6 week tourist visitor trip) to Canada from India. The reasons given, however, are very vague. None of the checkboxes for documents are ticked but it says under "Other reasons" (ticked):

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada".

This is quite unclear and surprising to me because I had applied to visit my cousin on holiday. I am still employed in India and submitted my passport (showing my travel history), flight bookings (for this trip), last 6 payslips, 4 months bank statements and tax returns, along with other required documents. Moreover, I had sent visa invitation letter, passport, work permit details of my cousin.

Has anyone else received a similar rejection letter? Any suggestions on how to re-apply and address these rejection reasons would be very helpful. Thanks.
I have rejected twice I come to know Canada is rejection high due to shortage of consular officers.
So don't apply now wait till situation is get better.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi

I have been reading the above posts and highly motivated to Express my situation. I and my husband are Canada PR and staying in Canada since last 4 months. He is working and I don't have a job till now. He applied for my parents TRV . They sent a rejection(2nd rejection) stating :" you ll not leave country at end of your stay and you don't have enough financial assets". My father is a businessman, good amount of land and property back home. They had also applied for trv in june on tourist basis which was rejected(1st rejection) and now we applied as a family visit and its again rejected with same reasons.
Can somebody suggest what step should we take now.

ZDJ

Oct 22, 2019
Hi @Bryanna and other members who share their knowledge generously. Thank you all. @bellaluna

I NEED YOUR ADVISE ASAP, PLEASE!

I'm on a work permit in Canada (since 2018) and invited my sister and her husband to visit me for 4 wks. Their TRV has been refused with following reason.
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

I think we put a strong application but 'forgot' to put detailed plan of activities during their stay-4weeks, which I understand now from the posts above that it is longer than 'just a visit'. My sister has been consistent with her employer since 2012 and employer warranted her holiday in Canada and stated her promotion in her return in the letter. Her husband has assuring letter from his employer too. On top of this we also supplied:
- property ownership
- family ties: daughter attending in kindergarten.
- savings, sufficient for the trip and beyond, plus they are staying and we are paying everything while they are in Canada
- previous trips (usa, singapore, china)
- reference from the daughter's school
- invite, my finances, husband's employer's letter (i don't work atm)

I'm super tempted to reapply with extra details:
- clarify the purpose of the visit with detailed activities, some bookings
- a letter from my husband
- land ownership from my sister

Do you think these would make difference and we have a chance to get a different result?

Also, does everyone get this message on refusal letter ??? "You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements".
It looks as if we might have chance to convince the officer with extra information?

Much thanks and please share some tips!

Last edited:

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi @Bryanna and other members who share their knowledge generously. Thank you all. @bellaluna

I NEED YOUR ADVISE ASAP, PLEASE!

I'm on a work permit in Canada (since 2018) and invited my sister and her husband to visit me for 4 wks. Their TRV has been refused with following reason.
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit."

I think we put a strong application but 'forgot' to put detailed plan of activities during their stay-4weeks, which I understand now from the posts above that it is longer than 'just a visit'. My sister has been consistent with her employer since 2012 and employer warranted her holiday in Canada and stated her promotion in her return in the letter. Her husband has assuring letter from his employer too. On top of this we also supplied:
- property ownership
- family ties: daughter attending in kindergarten.
- savings, sufficient for the trip and beyond, plus they are staying and we are paying everything while they are in Canada
- previous trips (usa, singapore, china)
- reference from the daughter's school
- invite, my finances, husband's employer's letter (i don't work atm)

I'm super tempted to reapply with extra details:
- clarify the purpose of the visit with detailed activities, some bookings
- a letter from my husband
- land ownership from my sister

Do you think these would make difference and we have a chance to get a different result?

Also, does everyone get this message on refusal letter ??? "You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements".
It looks as if we might have chance to convince the officer with extra information?

Much thanks and please share some tips!
hi yes everyone gets that message that they are welcomed to reapply.
is the daughters staying back or also coming with them?
what had you put as a purpose of visit? and was that the only reason for refusal?

ZDJ

Oct 22, 2019
hi yes everyone gets that message that they are welcomed to reapply.
is the daughters staying back or also coming with them?
what had you put as a purpose of visit? and was that the only reason for refusal?
Yes, this is the only reason.

The kid is NOT coming with them. I put 'I'm inviting my sister during the festive season to visit me; i can show her around and she can stay with my family whilst I'm residing in Canada. Plus, my sister is planning the trip as a special treat as it's her wedding anniversary'. That's all I put as a purpose of travel.

what do you think?? Go for it and drop it until later?

Thanks again!

mangatdhanveer

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 september 2013
Med's Request
Remedical reqst 29october 2014
Med's Done....
24 august 2013, remedical done on 6th november 2014
Interview........
29 october 2014
Passport Req..
31 october 2013 received by NDVO on 6 Nov 2013
Hi guys.. any suggestions please..
So, I applied for my brother’s visitor visa which got rejected... same reasons purpose of visit and financial stability or personal assests don’t prove you will return... even though we submitted a lease agreement... his diary farming incoming... his CA report with all his personal assests and their value... everything that is on his name... and purpose of visit was i had my son last year premature so it’s his birthday on the 3 this month and i am due for another baby on December... i wanted to do a celebration in December for both my kids... first birthday for my son and birth announcement for new baby... I did submit the letter from the restaurant catering...
now i am planning to apply again ... i am adding a bank statement from my side where he sent me money to support us during our hard times.. our last year’s doctor’s note to support that fact... and affadavits from my grandma and parents that they are dependent on him for their daily activities... and my first cousin’s Australian passport as we live in a joint family and that my brother will be traveling in December as my first cousin will be visiting to look after my grandma and aunt... well, this is all genuine... I don’t understand what else should I add? Any suggestions?