+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: visitor visa rejected - "other reasons" ?

ym69

Nov 24, 2017
Hi,
I got a rejection letter today for my visa application (for a 6 week tourist visitor trip) to Canada from India. The reasons given, however, are very vague. None of the checkboxes for documents are ticked but it says under "Other reasons" (ticked):

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada".

This is quite unclear and surprising to me because I had applied to visit my cousin on holiday. I am still employed in India and submitted my passport (showing my travel history), flight bookings (for this trip), last 6 payslips, 4 months bank statements and tax returns, along with other required documents. Moreover, I had sent visa invitation letter, passport, work permit details of my cousin.

Has anyone else received a similar rejection letter? Any suggestions on how to re-apply and address these rejection reasons would be very helpful. Thanks.

hey i got the same exact reason for rejecting my visa for canada and my situation and documentation is pretty much the same as yours, i would like to know if someone did eventually get their visa approved after submitting it for the 2nd time ! please email me at yashmanik69@hotmail.com

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
hey i got the same exact reason for rejecting my visa for canada and my situation and documentation is pretty much the same as yours, i would like to know if someone did eventually get their visa approved after submitting it for the 2nd time ! please email me at yashmanik69@hotmail.com
How long it took you to get refusal?

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history,
economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of
your admission as a temporary resident in Canada

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
First refusal saying that purpose of visit.. I reapply again with the letter "purpose of visit and now I got the second refusal saying this..
I am totally confuse now wat I have to do.. plz Advice me.

Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history,
economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of
your admission as a temporary resident in Canada

Trini_amn

Feb 10, 2018
Hi everyone, i am from Trinidad & Tobago, that is in the caribbean. My spouse and I have been rejected twice for our visitor visa, the reason for the first refusal was assets and invitation letter. I got everything and now we went back and these are the reasons for refusal;
* host's income and assets ( i submitted invitation letter, canadian citizenship, where employed for length of time)
* my sufficient funds including assets or income to maintain ourselves.( i submitted bank statements)
* travel history( i have travelled to 5 caribbean countries within 2 years and did not exceed a week in those countries)
* family ties in canada or country of residence( my host is my aunt from canada, and my parents info are on the application form)
* purpose of visit( i stated it was family visit, vacation)
* current employment status( i submitted job letter)
* personal assets and financial status
We have our own business and have submitted business assets, business registration, land deed, car document, even my letter where i am studying. I don't understand the reason for our refusal. Our length of stay is 14 days. What can we do to get our visa.

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Hi everyone, i am from Trinidad & Tobago, that is in the caribbean. My spouse and I have been rejected twice for our visitor visa, the reason for the first refusal was assets and invitation letter. I got everything and now we went back and these are the reasons for refusal;
* host's income and assets ( i submitted invitation letter, canadian citizenship, where employed for length of time)
* my sufficient funds including assets or income to maintain ourselves.( i submitted bank statements)
* travel history( i have travelled to 5 caribbean countries within 2 years and did not exceed a week in those countries)
* family ties in canada or country of residence( my host is my aunt from canada, and my parents info are on the application form)
* purpose of visit( i stated it was family visit, vacation)
* current employment status( i submitted job letter)
* personal assets and financial status
We have our own business and have submitted business assets, business registration, land deed, car document, even my letter where i am studying. I don't understand the reason for our refusal. Our length of stay is 14 days. What can we do to get our visa.
Hi. I didn't left any thing from my side .. I was an x pr of canada .. even after they r refusing my trv visa.. first they told purpose of travel and then watch I have given above message

Trini_amn

Feb 10, 2018
Hi. I didn't left any thing from my side .. I was an x pr of canada .. even after they r refusing my trv visa.. first they told purpose of travel and then watch I have given above message
Thats my message i recieved from them. You also got that same letter from them? What do u do next?

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Ya 3th time coz .. I will B'coz first time as I said they refused saying me "purpose of visit". And when I re-applied again they told me as I mention... All that ..
I will again apply with the Reply of that Refusal.

dubaimachines

Feb 20, 2018
I also got a refusal message from cic against a visitor visa that i applied. They gave me the following reasons:
1. No immigration status in country of residence (I live in Dubai since 34 years and i am a resident here. UAE doesn't provide citizenship and its normally known)
2. Family ties (I don't have strong family ties in Canada but i have strong family ties in UAE and Pakistan where i belong)
3. Travel history ( I have a valid B1 visa from USA and i travelled to new york, azerbaijan, china, maldives in the past 4 years)
4. Financial worth (I have a successful business running here and i showed them my personal finance and company bank statements and trade licenses, etc. worth more than CAN250,000).

I am confused here too. Why would i leave so many things and not come back?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I also got a refusal message from cic against a visitor visa that i applied. They gave me the following reasons:
1. No immigration status in country of residence (I live in Dubai since 34 years and i am a resident here. UAE doesn't provide citizenship and its normally known)
2. Family ties (I don't have strong family ties in Canada but i have strong family ties in UAE and Pakistan where i belong)
3. Travel history ( I have a valid B1 visa from USA and i travelled to new york, azerbaijan, china, maldives in the past 4 years)
4. Financial worth (I have a successful business running here and i showed them my personal finance and company bank statements and trade licenses, etc. worth more than CAN250,000).

I am confused here too. Why would i leave so many things and not come back?
1. Did you apply for business or tourist reasons?

2. How long did you want to visit?

3. What documents and explanations did you submit?

dubaimachines

Feb 20, 2018
1. Did you apply for business or tourist reasons?

2. How long did you want to visit?

3. What documents and explanations did you submit?
1. i applied for tourist reason cuz that was the truth
2. length of stay was 25 days divided between montreal and toronto.
3. documents included my bank statement my saving bonds statement my trade license certificates and share certificates etc.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. i applied for tourist reason cuz that was the truth
2. length of stay was 25 days divided between montreal and toronto.
3. documents included my bank statement my saving bonds statement my trade license certificates and share certificates etc.
You had applied with the barest minimum of documents. It's not surprising to see why you were refused.

I believe you have pretty good chances of a TRV approval if you re-work your application to demonstrate your ties to both the UAE and Pakistan

Reactions: Buletruck