Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I don't think it was a response to the webform requests we sent across, we sent our VO (Ottawa) a request again two days ago. We got an email today update saying we have made changes to your application number, Kindly open it to review it. It can be a coincidence or they would have seen our webform requests and opened our application, not too sure actually. Once we opened it, the application status update is " we are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you". From 'document expired' it changed to
'submitted'.
And everything below is mentioned reviewing eligibility, reviewing background check. Our expiry date is blank now and the biometrics as well. Let's see what the next step is, I've heard its re-medicals after this.
Its back to Get Start Go
Hopefully its goes faster for you because you never know at which point it just stalls at its own leisure pace.
There is no specific timeline applicable for one and all, so all in good time. All the best.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
They hardly read all the messages we write. Back in March, I raised webform regarding medical and they replied ` Your request for the extension of the validity of your COPR was received by the responsible office`…haha :D.

Last week, I raised webform with almost the same query. Hopefully I will get the same reply as yours in 2 weeks’ time. :(
Oh God. But the brighter side being that you got a response :)although a confusing one.
even the webforms have an erratic response time, anything from 5 days to21 days.

Reactions: gtcan19

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
Its back to Get Start Go
Hopefully its goes faster for you because you never know at which point it just stalls at its own leisure pace.
There is no specific timeline applicable for one and all, so all in good time. All the best.
Thankyou! I hope it works out for all of us and also quickly, hopefully by this a year end.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Has any post March expired holder received any update?

I was hoping to see people posting here by now, two months have passed and I haven't heard of anyone recieving one of those 'do you still want to emigrate emails'.

Reactions: moe_218

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Has any post March expired holder received any update?

I was hoping to see people posting here by now, two months have passed and I haven't heard of anyone recieving one of those 'do you still want to emigrate emails'.
Hello, I’m a post march copr holder (expired now) and I’ve just received this “do you still want to immigrate” email today. Finally.. but why do I feel like the messages in the email doesn’t sound promising though?

They’re basically asking us to reply if we still want to migrate and if we answer “yes”, they will “re-open and re-assess” if we still meet their requirement. Makes me a little paranoid : |

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hello, I’m a post march copr holder (expired now) and I’ve just received this “do you still want to immigrate” email today. Finally.. but why do I feel like the messages in the email doesn’t sound promising though?

They’re basically asking us to reply if we still want to migrate and if we answer “yes”, they will “re-open and re-assess” if we still meet their requirement. Makes me a little paranoid : |
this is so unfair to put people in this situation after you explicitly banned them from travel till their COPR expired. Please did you send them any email or web form ?

Reactions: planetarium

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

That's great news, congrats. Keep us informed on any further progress.

I'm sure it's just A badly written message. I can't see why anyone wouldn't still meet the requirements.

I hope you hear about your next step soon.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
On a positive note, I just read on Twitter that another post March expired COPR family have received the letter.

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
this is so unfair to put people in this situation after you explicitly banned them from travel till their COPR expired. Please did you send them any email or web form ?
Agreed, it's an absolute shambles. We are being penalized due to their inactivity in reissuing a bloody letter, costing us more and more money for medicals etc. They need a move on, otherwise, at this rate, I can see legal enforcement kicking in.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I didn't send them any email of webform cuz I knew it'd be ultimately just a matter of waiting..

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
That's great news, congrats. Keep us informed on any further progress.

I'm sure it's just A badly written message. I can't see why anyone wouldn't still meet the requirements.

I hope you hear about your next step soon.
Thank you, I hope so! And I hope everyone gets theirs soon too! :)

Here's a snapshot on what they sent:

Dear permanent residence applicant:

You are receiving this email because our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence (PR) application was previously approved and is now closed.
  • The issuance date on the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you (and your family members, if applicable) was after March 18, 2020.
  • You (and your family members, if applicable) have not become a permanent resident(s) of Canada yet.
  • The validity date on your CoPR(s) (i.e. the date by which you needed to use it to become a permanent resident/to travel to Canada) has passed, meaning your document is expired.
  • Any previous immigration medical examination (IME) results for you (and/or your family member(s)) have also expired.
When a PR application is approved, PR visa holders are required to travel to Canada to become permanent residents before the expiry date on the CoPR document. Once a CoPR expires, applicants are normally required to submit a new application if they still want to immigrate to Canada.

However, on an exceptional basis in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC has made various efforts to assist clients who, due to the pandemic, were not able to use their CoPRs before they expired.

After responding, wait for further instructions from us before redoing your medical examination. We will send you the necessary medical form(s). Once we have sent you the forms, you will have 30 days to do your medical, advise us by email that it has been done, and provide any requested documents. Please note that the results of your new medical examination will be valid for 12 months.

Important: Do not do an up-front medical examination.
Completing a new medical examination before IRCC asks you to will delay processing, and may lead to you spending more money to do a new one later on.
Your Application:
Since your CoPR(s) expired without being used, you do not currently have a valid PR visa and your application for permanent residence is closed.

If you confirm that you are still interested in immigrating to Canada and that you would like your application to be re-assessed, IRCC will do the following on a one-time exceptional basis:

• Reopen your application and review it to determine whether any additional or updated documents are needed to confirm that you (and your family members, if applicable) still meet the statutory requirements for (a) permanent resident visa(s).
  • Send you new medical forms and instructions, and also a request letter if we require more information or updated documents (e.g. valid passport, updated police certificate(s), updated screening forms).
  • Review your application to confirm whether you still meet the requirements for a PR visa.
  • If you still meet the requirements: re-issue your PR visa(s), which you will need to use before the new expiry date.
If you request that we reopen and re-assess your application IRCC must determine whether you continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa. If you, or your family member(s) do not now meet those requirements (e.g. you are now inadmissible to Canada), your application could be refused.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future, but have not replied to this message, you will need to re-apply for permanent residence, pay the required fees, and meet any requirements in effect at the time of your new application.

If you choose not to have your file re-assessed at this time, and instead you let this permanent residence application remain closed, this decision will not have a negative impact on a new application which you may make in the future.

Please respond to this email only if you would like to have your application re-opened and re-assessed.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Thank you, I hope so! And I hope everyone gets theirs soon too! :)

Here's a snapshot on what they sent:

Dear permanent residence applicant:

You are receiving this email because our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence (PR) application was previously approved and is now closed.
  • The issuance date on the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you (and your family members, if applicable) was after March 18, 2020.
  • You (and your family members, if applicable) have not become a permanent resident(s) of Canada yet.
  • The validity date on your CoPR(s) (i.e. the date by which you needed to use it to become a permanent resident/to travel to Canada) has passed, meaning your document is expired.
  • Any previous immigration medical examination (IME) results for you (and/or your family member(s)) have also expired.
When a PR application is approved, PR visa holders are required to travel to Canada to become permanent residents before the expiry date on the CoPR document. Once a CoPR expires, applicants are normally required to submit a new application if they still want to immigrate to Canada.

However, on an exceptional basis in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC has made various efforts to assist clients who, due to the pandemic, were not able to use their CoPRs before they expired.

After responding, wait for further instructions from us before redoing your medical examination. We will send you the necessary medical form(s). Once we have sent you the forms, you will have 30 days to do your medical, advise us by email that it has been done, and provide any requested documents. Please note that the results of your new medical examination will be valid for 12 months.

Your Application:
Since your CoPR(s) expired without being used, you do not currently have a valid PR visa and your application for permanent residence is closed.

If you confirm that you are still interested in immigrating to Canada and that you would like your application to be re-assessed, IRCC will do the following on a one-time exceptional basis:

• Reopen your application and review it to determine whether any additional or updated documents are needed to confirm that you (and your family members, if applicable) still meet the statutory requirements for (a) permanent resident visa(s).
  • Send you new medical forms and instructions, and also a request letter if we require more information or updated documents (e.g. valid passport, updated police certificate(s), updated screening forms).
  • Review your application to confirm whether you still meet the requirements for a PR visa.
  • If you still meet the requirements: re-issue your PR visa(s), which you will need to use before the new expiry date.
If you request that we reopen and re-assess your application IRCC must determine whether you continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa. If you, or your family member(s) do not now meet those requirements (e.g. you are now inadmissible to Canada), your application could be refused.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future, but have not replied to this message, you will need to re-apply for permanent residence, pay the required fees, and meet any requirements in effect at the time of your new application.

If you choose not to have your file re-assessed at this time, and instead you let this permanent residence application remain closed, this decision will not have a negative impact on a new application which you may make in the future.

Please respond to this email only if you would like to have your application re-opened and re-assessed.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hey .. many congrats .. at least one step less now.

Can you share your vo?

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Received a re-medical request the day before, on the 23rd. I had sent an angry email to Sydney visa office on the 20th. I have no clue whether the re-med request was in response to that email or was it anyway supposed to come in. Finally some movement though! Getting my medical exam done this Saturday.