Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Received a re-medical request the day before, on the 23rd. I had sent an angry email to Sydney visa office on the 20th. I have no clue whether the re-med request was in response to that email or was it anyway supposed to come in. Finally some movement though! Getting my medical exam done this Saturday.
Most likely not -- there is no way they'd react this fast to an email lol. When did you receive the email to re-open your file?

But damn! You're lucky, I am still waiting for that "confirm that you still want to immigrate" email.

Reactions: Titanium

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Most likely not -- there is no way they'd react this fast to an email lol. When did you receive the email to re-open your file?

But damn! You're lucky, I am still waiting for that "confirm that you still want to immigrate" email.
I did not get any email from them to reopen my file. Directly got remed request in my account. This is the third email that I had sent to them.

I have seen them react this quickly to emails before though. 5 days before expiry of my COPR I asked them for an extension of medical exam, they removed my COPR details that night itself and everything went back to "Submitted" state and they also replied to my email at that time. At least my experience has been that they have responded to or reacted based on mails I have sent out

Reactions: fizikellyfit

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I did not get any email from them to reopen my file. Directly got remed request in my account. This is the third email that I had sent to them.

I have seen them react this quickly to emails before though. 5 days before expiry of my COPR I asked them for an extension of medical exam, they removed my COPR details that night itself and everything went back to "Submitted" state and they also replied to my email at that time. At least my experience has been that they have responded to or reacted based on mails I have sent out
huh, that's interesting! Some people did receive the "reopen" emails.

My VO is Ottawa and I just sent them an email last week asking about the re-issue status for my expired COPR - haven't heard anything yet.
The passport also expired during the whole process; raised a webform to update the records too!

Reactions: Wotsit

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
huh, that's interesting! Some people did receive the "reopen" emails.

My VO is Ottawa and I just sent them an email last week asking about the re-issue status for my expired COPR - haven't heard anything yet.
The passport also expired during the whole process; raised a webform to update the records too!
My VO is also same . I sent them mail last month but haven't heard anything from them. Copr expired in September 2020 n there's no further update or response so far..... It's really really annoying....

Pkpk

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Hi folks,

COPR Expired in May,20
Added a newborn to our file in Sep, 20
Baby medicals and fee submitted in September, 20
Our remedicals done in Jan, 21

Still waiting for an update...

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Received a re-medical request the day before, on the 23rd. I had sent an angry email to Sydney visa office on the 20th. I have no clue whether the re-med request was in response to that email or was it anyway supposed to come in. Finally some movement though! Getting my medical exam done this Saturday.
what did you write in your angry mail, just curious.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hello, I’m a post march copr holder (expired now) and I’ve just received this “do you still want to immigrate” email today. Finally.. but why do I feel like the messages in the email doesn’t sound promising though?

They’re basically asking us to reply if we still want to migrate and if we answer “yes”, they will “re-open and re-assess” if we still meet their requirement. Makes me a little paranoid : |
your paranoia is justified. Its been a real long journey and so much effort for several of us, just to see that an approved application will be reviewed again for approval.

logic would be to simply extend validity of the issued copr with a new action date, but guess its not that simple.

Reactions: planetarium

Naderb88

Jun 11, 2019
My VO is Abu Dhabi, has anyone contacted them by email asking to re-issue their COPR? IF so which email did you address them on?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019

are you raising webforms or mailing the vo office directly?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Lol, I just highlighted how it has been 60 days since the announcement on 21st June and there has been no update for people etc.
whats your VO?

I have been raising webforms reminding the time passed since my remedicals. Another 5 months on the current medical validity.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
your paranoia is justified. Its been a real long journey and so much effort for several of us, just to see that an approved application will be reviewed again for approval.

logic would be to simply extend validity of the issued copr with a new action date, but guess its not that simple.
That’s true. The whole process was never transparent to begin with and it’s also not “express” as it’s supposed to be lol...

Reactions: Wotsit

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I raised webform 2 weeks back & received this reply today morning.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

tahonghaiha

Jul 5, 2021
Congratulations! Can you share the email address of Sydney Visa Office please?