+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Asukita555

Dec 7, 2015
Hi everyone,
My COPR expired on March 2022. After the expiration,I haven't received e-mail from IRCC yet regarding to my plan to move to Canada or not.
I applied PR through Immigaration consultant.Shall I still wait untill I receive e-mail, or if there is any way to reach out IRCC to appeal to extend COPR.I appreciate any advise!
Thank you,

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
Nothing at all mate. Its a slow process! Whenever it comes, it will come is becoming my mindset now. Let me know if any updates!
I got my passport request finally. But my passport will expire in 5 months. Waiting for further instructions from IRCC.

Reactions: Curry100

pradeepr89

Nov 30, 2022
Hi everyone,
My COPR expired on March 2022. After the expiration,I haven't received e-mail from IRCC yet regarding to my plan to move to Canada or not.
I applied PR through Immigaration consultant.Shall I still wait untill I receive e-mail, or if there is any way to reach out IRCC to appeal to extend COPR.I appreciate any advise!
Thank you,
I am in the same boat. My COPR expired on Feb 2022. I have not recevied any email from them. I contacted them through the web-form but have not received any reply but only got a generic email. Please let me know if you found any useful information on how to proceed.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
I am in the same boat. My COPR expired on Feb 2022. I have not recevied any email from them. I contacted them through the web-form but have not received any reply but only got a generic email. Please let me know if you found any useful information on how to proceed.
hi, why didn't you travel before the expiry date? was there a problem?

pradeepr89

Nov 30, 2022
hi, why didn't you travel before the expiry date? was there a problem?
We had to get visa stamping to come back to the US and all the dates were full for US Visa Stamping and some medical issues we were dealing with during the time. Hoping there is some way to extend the COPR.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
We had to get visa stamping to come back to the US and all the dates were full for US Visa Stamping and some medical issues we were dealing with during the time. Hoping there is some way to extend the COPR.
sorry about that
what you can do is write an explanation letter. attach the documents to support your argument and maybe consult a lawyer for further information. IRCC is very overwhelmed and they don't reply to webforms or even reach out anymore. You need a higher authority to help you get across to them

pradeepr89

Nov 30, 2022
I hired a Canadian Lawyer specializing in immigration and asked them for their opinion on my expired COPR. They mentioned that If I had COPR expired early 2022, I would have had time to travel during later 2022 when COVID restrictions was lifted. I should not expect to hear back from IRCC and should apply for PR again. Has anyone heard this or heard back from IRCC when COPR expired early 2022 ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I hired a Canadian Lawyer specializing in immigration and asked them for their opinion on my expired COPR. They mentioned that If I had COPR expired early 2022, I would have had time to travel during later 2022 when COVID restrictions was lifted. I should not expect to hear back from IRCC and should apply for PR again. Has anyone heard this or heard back from IRCC when COPR expired early 2022 ?
Strictly personal opinion - I think IRCC wont consider those as major reasons for extending CoPR. So in a way, I agree with lawyer you talked to. You can call IRCC and check if your request to extend CoPR has reached your visa processing office and wait for IRCC to reply on the request.

Asukita555

Dec 7, 2015
Hi!Glad that finally able to talk with someone in the same boat. I reached out to local MP office last week by e-mail. The perosn in charge replied me by saying to touch base with IRCC to request to extend my COPR. I don't have much hope of it since the IRCC clealy said on their website that the people who has expired COPR needs to re-apply agian, However, I still feel it is not fair for those who affected by this Pandemic. I wanted to fly before my COPR expiration, however, due to vax mandate I couldn't make it......

iqra2211

Dec 6, 2022
Hi All,
I submitted my application on nov 20 2020 after receiving the ITA. After that I have received a few updates from IRCC. Last update was received on may 2022 for updated documents i.e. medical records and PCC. I was able to submit the medical documents on time, however I was unable to receive PCC from USA and India that time. I explained the same to IRCC through letter of explanation while submitting document. I submitted the PCC in august and got an acknowledgement mail from them that they have received my documents. Till then I have not yet received any response from them. It been two years since i submitted my application after getting an ITA. How can I contact them? Please help . Thank you

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
Strictly personal opinion - I think IRCC wont consider those as major reasons for extending CoPR. So in a way, I agree with lawyer you talked to. You can call IRCC and check if your request to extend CoPR has reached your visa processing office and wait for IRCC to reply on the request.
Hi CNP, i've noticed you appear to know a lot of ins and outs! By any chance would you have a contact for outside of Canada. I'm in Ireland- my COPR has been expired for over two years and my last contact was with an agent over the phone over 14 months ago advising that my re-medical was in the process of being extended (I was a pre March 2020 holder!). I just applied for my GCMS notes and finding it impossible to get in touch with them- no response to any webforms etc.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi CNP, i've noticed you appear to know a lot of ins and outs! By any chance would you have a contact for outside of Canada. I'm in Ireland- my COPR has been expired for over two years and my last contact was with an agent over the phone over 14 months ago advising that my re-medical was in the process of being extended (I was a pre March 2020 holder!). I just applied for my GCMS notes and finding it impossible to get in touch with them- no response to any webforms etc.
Unfortunately there is no contact outside of Canada. You can call at 1 (888) 242-2100 using any of the apps linke Fongo, 2nd Line etc. Try calling using Skype too and see if it works. Good luck !

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
Unfortunately there is no contact outside of Canada. You can call at 1 (888) 242-2100 using any of the apps linke Fongo, 2nd Line etc. Try calling using Skype too and see if it works. Good luck !
thanks, i'll give it a go!