+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
My COPR expired on Dec 2020 and had not heard anything form IRCC until March 2022 got a pre-arrival letter. And nothing ever since.
Very similar situation but i got the invite December 2020, in which I could not go due to the pandemic. My application changes to approved in June 2021 and i spoke to IRCC in which an agent told me my medical was sent for an extension in October 2021! Did you try calling them? I will be trying to call again this week..

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
Got my re-medical request 2 weeks back. Done that. Waiting for further instructions. Did you call IRCC yet?

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
Got my re-medical request 2 weeks back. Done that. Waiting for further instructions. Did you call IRCC yet?
sorry for the delay. No i haven't called again. At least you have gotten a remedical request as of late. Are you pre march or post? Any more updates from your end?

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
sorry for the delay. No i haven't called again. At least you have gotten a remedical request as of late. Are you pre march or post? Any more updates from your end?
Do you mean my pre-arrival letter? It was on March, 2022. But my COPR was issued on Jan 2020 and expired on Dec 2020. Was waiting since then for the pre-arrival letter.

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
Do you mean my pre-arrival letter? It was on March, 2022. But my COPR was issued on Jan 2020 and expired on Dec 2020. Was waiting since then for the pre-arrival letter.
No updates post re-medical.

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
No updates post re-medical.
Hi again, apologies for the late response. I mean I am a pre march applicant and i resat the RE-medical August 2020... When I called them last November 2021, they advised me that my re-medical was in the process of getting extended. Have heard nothing at all, my last update was on June 2021 saying my application was approved.

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
Hi again, apologies for the late response. I mean I am a pre march applicant and i resat the RE-medical August 2020... When I called them last November 2021, they advised me that my re-medical was in the process of getting extended. Have heard nothing at all, my last update was on June 2021 saying my application was approved.
Did you get your COPR ever and it got expired?

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
Got you. When did you COPR expire?
My COPR expired July 2020! Got a request to redo a re-medical August 2020 in which I did it... Got a letter Dec 2020 asking was i prepared to leave within 60 days in which i wasn't able at the time, it mentioned if i wasn't to just not respond and they will keep the file open and advise.

Heard nothing for 10months after that, i then rang and they advised a re-medical was requested to be extended by a CIC agent, last update on the file (October 2021)... and i've never heard anything since. Current status is "your application is approved".. but mentions above in the doc sections that they need additional docs..

What's your situation?

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I was also in the same boat as you all are. I got my new COPR after a lot of back and forth emails with the IRCC.

Landed here March 2022 and let me tell you this: Canada, in general, is slow...I mean extremely painstakingly slow at doing things. So when IRCC tells you to get something done that benefits you, You should just do it right away. Period.
Because if you wait and defer that, you never know where in the queue your file is going to go.

This also translates into banking: 1hr wait time on the phone to talk to customer support is normal. So please get everything done to the T. Don't leave any scope for errors (at least try to)
Cheers