Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi folks,

FSW-O candidate here, from India.
COPR issued: Jul 11, 2020
COPR expired: Sep 11, 2020

My COPR expired on Sep 11, 2020. I couldn't travel back then due to restrictions and uncertainty so later I sent 2 webforms marking Ready to Travel.
After that it was just crickets! Haven't heard anything back from IRCC regarding new COPR issuance/re-medicals like other people here.

Should I be concerned? What do you recommend my next step should be, other than waiting indefinitely? :)

Ty
Don't worry. You are not alone as I too have the same status. CoPR expired on 29 September 2020. Since then, there is no movement.......
still waiting........

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi folks,

FSW-O candidate here, from India.
COPR issued: Jul 11, 2020
COPR expired: Sep 11, 2020

My COPR expired on Sep 11, 2020. I couldn't travel back then due to restrictions and uncertainty so later I sent 2 webforms marking Ready to Travel.
After that it was just crickets! Haven't heard anything back from IRCC regarding new COPR issuance/re-medicals like other people here.

Should I be concerned? What do you recommend my next step should be, other than waiting indefinitely? :)

Ty
Be concerned : hopefully not
Keep waiting: definitely yeah, a bit longer.

For many of us its our dream coming true, so it comes with its share of teeny weeny anxious wait. Just that none of us ever thought corona would throw a mighty wrench in the plans as well.

Just believe, you have received it again.

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
COPR approval date: 20 March 2020
COPR expiry date: 8 October 2020
VO: Singapore
So far i have not received any emails from IRCC, except for one survey email on how Covid19 affects my plan to move to Canada :rolleyes: hate waiting
Jeez! I really wish I had such a long window. I just had 2 months, couldn't plan anything!

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Be concerned : hopefully not
Keep waiting: definitely yeah, a bit longer.

For many of us its our dream coming true, so it comes with its share of teeny weeny anxious wait. Just that none of us ever thought corona would throw a mighty wrench in the plans as well.

Just believe, you have received it again.
I can understand -- I missed out on 2 job offers in this whole uncertainty shebang and it really sucks. Hope to make a move before the end of this year. The least they can do is let people know "how long" they must wait.

Reactions: Titanium and Wotsit

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I can understand -- I missed out on 2 job offers in this whole uncertainty shebang and it really sucks. Hope to make a move before the end of this year. The least they can do is let people know "how long" they must wait.
True
my remeds are approved as on jan 29 this year. Its 6 months already n waiting.

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Got a response to the webform that everything appears to be in order in the application and they will get back etc etc.

My query was if they need any further process from me in support of the application.

AdeelK86

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I hope everyone is doing fine. Just sharing my side

My COPR expired on 31st Mar and got request for redo of medical, PCC and background information forms between 8 and 11 Jun. status of medicals was updated in a week, and the background check is in process. So it has been more than a month since any update.

My VO is London UK.

It has been a long journey, I mean I started the process back in 2017, will be four years next month, I mean it has been a emotional rollercoaster like no other and the fact that many major challenges like settling in, getting jobs, house and etc are yet to come.

I mean I am sure for most of us, it has been years of uncertainty, riding in two boats, putting the life on hold in your home country in hopes of a start that is so near yet so far.
Sometimes I just hope it's worth it.....

Thanks for reading, just letting my heart out to the people, who I know will understand.

Good luck and have a nice day.

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021

My COPR expired on 31st Mar and got request for redo of medical, PCC and background information forms between 8 and 11 Jun. status of medicals was updated in a week, and the background check is in process. So it has been more than a month since any update.

My VO is London UK.

It has been a long journey, I mean I started the process back in 2017, will be four years next month, I mean it has been a emotional rollercoaster like no other and the fact that many major challenges like settling in, getting jobs, house and etc are yet to come.

I mean I am sure for most of us, it has been years of uncertainty, riding in two boats, putting the life on hold in your home country in hopes of a start that is so near yet so far.

Thanks for reading, just letting my heart out to the people, who I know will understand.

That's good to know! Hope we all get a good response too and things work out for all of us. Ours got expired in the month May, 2020. We received an email stating they have received our application for the expired COPR but they haven't started processing it. Sent in a webform again but there was no response. We are planning to send an email to Ottawa as that's our VO. Does anyone have Ottawa as their VO and if yes Kindly let us know if you sent in an email to them and if they responded. Thankyou!

fizikellyfit

Aug 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
That's good to know! Hope we all get a good response too and things work out for all of us. Ours got expired in the month May, 2020. We received an email stating they have received our application for the expired COPR but they haven't started processing it. Sent in a webform again but there was no response. We are planning to send an email to Ottawa as that's our VO. Does anyone have Ottawa as their VO and if yes Kindly let us know if you sent in an email to them and if they responded. Thankyou!
Hi! My VO is Ottawa and I'm in Bangalore, India. Where do you get the email address of the VO from?
Also, you mentioned that your's expired on May 2020. When did you receive it?

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Ottawa hasn’t answered any post March copr to the best of my knowledge

Reactions: newbulu and Wotsit

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
Hi! My VO is Ottawa and I'm in Bangalore, India. Where do you get the email address of the VO from?
Also, you mentioned that your's expired on May 2020. When did you receive it?
Hey! so the email address mentioned is for the Ottawa office. when I typed 'IRCC Ottawa office' this is what came below -
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
im so sorry for the confusion in dates! we received the COPR in the month of May,2020 and it got expired in the month of Feb 2021.

Reactions: Wotsit

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020

My VO is London UK.

Hi
Great to hear that things are moving om your end. May I know your country of residence? My VO is London UK as well and I've informed them about our newborn a month ago. No response yet :)