Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
As outsiders, we cannot comment on their actions. I am an Indian living in the US. I felt US did a terrible job last year but they came back strongly in 2021. When I see India now where bodies are floating in the Ganges, I feel that I am lucky to be in the US. My friend who lives in NZ doesn't think the US is doing a good job even today. Each country has a different motive. Canada may not think like India and the US, but maybe they wanna follow the UK. But if Canada wanna be like NZ, then god forbid, Canada will be closed forever.
I'll leave Canada and hand my PR over to someone on this forum if FSW is discontinued. The govt. will restart FSW sooner than later - essentially, if you are living in a million dollar house in the GTA, get ready to see its value soar to 1.5 million in the next 3 years. Unaffordable housing and average salaries FTW!

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canada Sees 22,500 New Immigrants In March, Towards 2021 Target Of 401,000

Canada saw 22,425 new permanent resident arrivals in March, the third-highest monthly immigration total since COVID-19 travel restrictions were imposed. The latest federal government figures show Canada welcomed 70,500 newcomers in the first three months of the year, compared to just over 69,000 in 2020 – a solid start on its way to an ambitious target of 401,000. January to March was easily the most prolific quarter for Canada immigration since the start of the coronavirus crisis.

However, the numbers are still well short of those needed for Canada to its target. If 70,500 newcomers are welcomed every quarter this year, the total would reach only 282,000 permanent resident admissions. Ottawa is clearly expecting a major increase in the remaining three quarters, boosted by the new pathway the permanent residence launched last week, through which it expects to receive 90,000 applications from international graduates, healthcare workers and other essential workers.

Canada’s vaccine campaign is now fully underway, with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau reassuring Canadians that anyone wanting to be vaccinated will have their injections by the end of the summer.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Wasn't the main motivation of all actions on EE about financial situations and economic concerns? Apparently it wasn't, like I said before. The money air canada loses is money canada itself loses. Person X pays air canada to fly from location A to say Toronto, that payment is used to pay the salaries of air canada employees, which pay the government of canada taxes and help the country. If person X does not pay air canada to fly, you can see how that affects canada's economy at a large scale.
But what if Person X pays another carrier to fly from location A to say Toronto? I'm sure Canada gets a cut because they did provide airport services, but most likely it's the carrier who gets the larger share of the pie. Unless IRCC starts mandating would be permanent residents that they can only arrive in Canada via Air Canada, I don't see it being a big impact on profits. Also most of airline revenues come from tourist or business trips, those who pay round trip tickets, and make a lot of trips, as opposed to an immigrant who would most likely be riding just once.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Nothing i've said contradicts what i said at the time, Canada was very behind in its vaccine rollout. It still is actually despite the improvements.

But we're finally turning the corner and more vaccine supplies are forthcoming, so yes I adjust my opinion when information is available which suggests improvement or decline, like any educated person. I go with the figures and facts, i don't get in my feelings like others here.

My most optimistic prediction was that we would have full vaccination by September, that still won't be achieved unless supplies increase further. Even then there's no guarantee that international travel will be restored immediately after.

So yeah, a "confrontation" tantamount to much ado about nothing.

You were the one spouting unrealistic nonsense like international travel would be open by May.
I claimed intl travel would open in May?? That's a bald faced lie. See below. No one trust a word that @Islander216 says.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2020-aor-join-here.704508/post-9325201
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-fsw-1.690705/post-9348286
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2020-aor-join-here.704508/post-9353729

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Just your story keeps shifting, the notion that because you showed posts where you're claiming one timeline for international restrictions to be lifted, doesn't exclude that you said something completely contradictory in other posts. A lot of your posts where you were claiming stupid stuff like that in this thread got deleted.

Even if you look at the posts you cite, one says it will open by June (which is also just as unrealistic), and the other made on April 19th says zero chance in the next 2 months, which already contradicts your other post. :D

So clearly, the notion that you wouldn't contradict yourself in another post and say May is entirely possible, it's just that they've already been deleted, thankfully for you. But you still managed to contradict yourself anyway lol.

So whatever you want to say, Bozo. And you got your hype man, Yayo to laugh at everything you say, it's hilarious. The new Laurel and Hardy, please put on your comedy show here, I will definitely come watch. Just be sure you don't contradict which month your act will start performing.

Yayo has to laugh otherwise he'll cry if he can't come to Canada. The tears of another clown.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Just your story keeps shifting, the notion that because you showed posts where you're claiming one timeline for international restrictions to be lifted, doesn't exclude that you said something completely contradictory in other posts. A lot of your posts where you were claiming stupid stuff like that in this thread got deleted.

Even if you look at the posts you cite, one says it will open by June (which is also just as unrealistic), and the other made on April 19th says zero chance in the next 2 months, which already contradicts your other post. :D

So clearly, the notion that you wouldn't contradict yourself in another post and say May is entirely possible, it's just that they've already been deleted, thankfully for you. But you still managed to contradict yourself anyway lol.

So whatever you want to say, Bozo. And you got your hype man, Yayo to laugh at everything you say, it's hilarious. The new Laurel and Hardy, please put on your comedy show here, I will definitely come watch. Just be sure you don't contradict which month your act will start performing.

Yayo has to laugh otherwise he'll cry if he can't come to Canada. The tears of another clown.
"he'll cry if he can't come to Canada" says the guy with 1800 messages on this forum in a year and a half

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Agreed. But if air canada is signaling problems to the govt it probably indicates severe financial issues. So apparently they're losing out on more than just one-way trips of immigrants. That's not surprising with the current restrictions. The minister retweeted the below simulation a few days ago

I see no reason why restrictions wouldn't be lifted before august if these estimations become true. And if travel restrictions was the actual reason for FSW being put on hold and not just some excuse to change the system, we can expect FSW to return before august. However, I personally think travel restrictions are being used as an excuse.
I see no reason why restrictions wouldn't be lifted before august
Me too bruh. I think they are just following AUS. like chickens following their momma. If canada is following Aus then they will restrict travels till mid 2022 hehe

Reactions: fswinlander

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
The prime minister recently shared the govt's plan on easing restrictions this summer if vaccinations continue as planned, albeit no word on travel restrictions specifically. The effect of vaccines is already seen in the number of cases and hospitalizations. They went from 8k down to 3k per day. And 3k per day is already very low. If we don't see solid actions on easing restrictions and bringing back FSW, it'll be clear that restrictions were just an excuse for an attempt to create as many new citizens as possible before sept 2023.
Thats the same feeling i have about the situation

Yesterday someone put a query regarding TR2PR Work experience eligibility, but the new schemes didn't provide seperate requirements, so i tried to give them the way IRCC considers a work experience, Later today the OP asked this
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/do-i-qualify.731833/post-9400261

OP- Yes it is TR 2 PR.
Does IRCC says that they will NOT count hours you work above 30 hours/week ? If so, then why it is NOT written in the eligibility requirement of temporary public policy ?

dankboi-
I know OP meant TR2PR
The NEW programs were not meant to be an established one for longer duration. The requirements were not provided comprehensively, but so far the working hours counted by IRCC is as mentioned in all other programs which are established. The New programs were just a giveaway of PR's to retain temporary visa holders in the country. Similar to "EMPLOYEE RETENTION" a simple principle used by businesses. Giving 1% - 3% wage hike would make an employee feel better about his workplace, even though the employee hated it prior to Wage hike/bonus

I didn't have an exact answer cause I couldn't find the requirements for the new schemes. I said what I felt about the whole new schemes. Maybe OP would feel uncomfortable reading my response : D

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Agreed. But if air canada is signaling problems to the govt it probably indicates severe financial issues. So apparently they're losing out on more than just one-way trips of immigrants. That's not surprising with the current restrictions. The minister retweeted the below simulation a few days ago

I see no reason why restrictions wouldn't be lifted before august if these estimations become true. And if travel restrictions was the actual reason for FSW being put on hold and not just some excuse to change the system, we can expect FSW to return before august. However, I personally think travel restrictions are being used as an excuse. The officials haven't said a single word about the supposedly temporary halt of FSW in 5 months and keep talking like they're revolutionizing EE, which is because, well, they are. If they're retiring FSW and putting everything on hold for 2021 and 2022 to pump out as many new citizens as possible for 2023 then they should come up and say it openly.
True, all airlines are probably in a pickle right now financially. In any case, while I share the sentiment, because I am in the same boat waiting for travel restrictions to lift. I do sort of understand why IRCC isn't announcing anything, because if they do announce something they would have been forced to live up to it. We're on the bitter end on this one, but I think until the pandemic subsides or at the very least normalizes, we won't be hearing any of this revolutionary transformation any time soon (assuming there is one at all), because well, much like everyone else, Canada likes their options.

Status
Not open for further replies.