+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Im here at 456.. can improve atleast by 3/4 points by retaking IELTS..

There are conflicting observations within this forum regarding the pace of ECA and IELTS processing in the near future .. a few say it’s drastically slowed down .. a few others say that new profiles are pilling up at a brisk pace !!

N now the H1B ban ... and it’s potential impact on Express Entry !

I am being neutral and not putting my head too much, as to when FSWs will resume ... I am an FSW myself...

Atleast hoping that ECA n IELTS slow down their pace considerably, so that we can get past just in time !!
If you are able PNP route take it. Also as I mentioned don't worry about h1b impact it is not going to be much more than what it already is.

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
I’m a dentist by profession, attached to a hospital in malaysia with a masters degree .. I guess I won’t be a front line choice for any PNP as I need to have a license to practice my profession in Canada, which at the moment, I do not have ...

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
How many points can one gain by reaching up to a C1 French level ? And is it difficult to obtain that ?
You don't need C1 - just a high B2. Assuming you're a complete beginner, you should be able to do it in a year if you're committed.
B2 will give you 42 points and C1 54 points.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
I respectfully disagree. In fact, if you are fluent in English you're at an advantage because a lot of French words are similar to English words.
Here are some stories from Reddit of people who went from A1 to B2/C1 within a year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/French/comments/7j37er
https://www.reddit.com/r/French/comments/c555r2
https://www.reddit.com/r/languagelearning/comments/f2xytx
All the best indulge yourself if you have the dedication. Also use search this forum and read if it worked for all the folks who tried. Its not for everyone but no harm trying may be it's for you.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Keep an eye on this link, the date on it was changed multiple times since march and it still says restrictions until June 30th, 2020. Lets see if it changes in the next few days:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html
Thank you. I will be watching this closely. With all the airlines planning increased flight schedules, it seems the borders may be opening soon. Otherwise why would they do that for July? I hope with more and more VACs opening up, and economies ramping up, FSWs have a chance to be drawn in July.

There are some high-scoring candidates here who already have their documents to upload, so all they need is an ITA.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thank you. I will be watching this closely. With all the airlines planning increased flight schedules, it seems the borders may be opening soon. Otherwise why would they do that for July? I hope with more and more VACs opening up, and economies ramping up, FSWs have a chance to be drawn in July.

There are some high-scoring candidates here who already have their documents to upload, so all they need is an ITA.
If Canada is not opening the borders to USA, it is less likely they will open it to the world ..Which is July 21st

Unfortunately, USA case is raising again which created more uncertainty now. Canada is doing a good job to keep it around 300 cases per day, I don't think Canadian wants any international traveller (including new landing immigrants) to screw this up.

August is the possible month they may resume the FSW draw

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
Keep an eye on this link, the date on it was changed multiple times since march and it still says restrictions until June 30th, 2020. Lets see if it changes in the next few days:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html
Finally someone that gets it! This mandate is all that matters. This is the reason that most VACS post as reasons for closures, due to "Ministerial Instructions".

April 09 2020 MI37 Extended + 3 Weeks to 29 April 2020
April 29 2020 MI38 Extended + 3 Weeks to 19 May 2020
May 09 2020 MI39 Extended + 3 Weeks to 09 June 2020
June 09 2020 MI40 Extended to 30 June 2020

Until this mandate changes, or until it stops being extended, I believe we will not see any FSW inclusive draws.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
If Canada is not opening the borders to USA, it is less likely they will open it to the world ..Which is July 21st

Unfortunately, USA case is raising again which created more uncertainty now. Canada is doing a good job to keep it around 300 cases per day, I don't think Canadian wants any international traveller (including new landing immigrants) to screw this up.

August is the possible month they may resume the FSW draw
I think we should stop considering USA as a benchmark for any situation. The place is in disarray with the pandemic thanks to trump.

It would be stupid for Canada to rely on the US to open its borders to international travel as it looks like Covid isn’t going to disappear from there anytime soon.

Reactions: carantho2294

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I think we should stop considering USA as a benchmark for any situation. The place is in disarray with the pandemic thanks to trump.

It would be stupid for Canada to rely on the US to open its borders to international travel as it looks like Covid isn’t going to disappear from there anytime soon.
Yes, exactly. Any number of wild things could happen. They could neglect the pandemic more, and it could get far worse. Trump could be reelected. Relying on the US as a benchmark for how to treat the rest of the world is a bad idea. Waiting until you can open the US-Canada border to decide when to open to the rest of the world... potentially an equally bad idea. I'm sure the Canadian government is smart enough to recognize that the US is not an example to lead by, and not a nation to rely on for decision-making right now. At least in terms of pandemic management and immigration-related matters.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, exactly. Any number of wild things could happen. They could neglect the pandemic more, and it could get far worse. Trump could be reelected. Relying on the US as a benchmark for how to treat the rest of the world is a bad idea. Waiting until you can open the US-Canada border to decide when to open to the rest of the world... potentially an equally bad idea. I'm sure the Canadian government is smart enough to recognize that the US is not an example to lead by, and not a nation to rely on for decision-making right now. At least in terms of pandemic management and immigration-related matters.
Unfortunately I think they will re elect Trump all over again IMHO the Democratic Party is repeating the same mistakes of 2016.

Reactions: scylla
Status
Not open for further replies.