+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
The immigration minister is all about promoting immigration so that the pool size becomes as huge as possible where they can select the most competitive and advantaged candidates from outside Canada. When the H1-B’s comes here and see that no invitations have been issued to outsiders in the past 4 months then they will be sure how encouraging that is .
Yes - welcoming H1B means they are open for FSW draws or have plans about it.. that's why I said encouraging :)

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Canada is a very big country by landmark and the population size is so small that one can drive miles Without siting any other vehicle coming. I get scared sometimes. The weather could be daunting but I would rather not be in Russia.There are lots of opportunities for this country to be great. There are many more opportunities to come if they don’t do the wrong things . You wonder why the USA has so much strength Even with the land theft and all that? Yes! Canada can be

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I think you shouldn't stress too much. For people like you it is a question of when, not if. Only people significantly affected by this will be those losing points that are already maxed out.
Thanks bud. Sometimes I'm fine with waiting, and other times it's very frustrating. It would just be nice to know in advance, but I guess they don't either. I wonder if July will be the month.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
The immigration minister is all about promoting immigration so that the pool size becomes as huge as possible where they can select the most competitive and advantaged candidates from outside Canada. When the H1-B’s comes here and see that no invitations have been issued to outsiders in the past 4 months then they will be sure how encouraging that is .
How will H1-B go to Canada without a PR? FSW and PNP are two feasible options for permanent shift. I guess someone posted that they are still issuing PNPs for outland candidates. If someone has selected a particular province in their profile, i would recommend to select all provinces in the profile as that is how one gets PNP automatically selected from the Express Entry pool.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I guess you haven’t heard of the global talent stream . The fastest pathway to PR
How will H1-B go to Canada without a PR? FSW and PNP are two feasible options for permanent shift. I guess someone posted that they are still issuing PNPs for outland candidates. If someone has selected a particular province in their profile, i would recommend to select all provinces in the profile as that is how one gets PNP automatically selected from the Express Entry pool.

Reactions: InternationalMallu

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I guess you haven’t heard of the global talent stream . The fastest pathway to PR
Ha.. I read about it.. thanks for sharing it.. my NOC is listed there so that's plan B for me :)

Anyways, a work permit is temporary and I guess most of us are looking for permanent residence - one of the biggest motivator for H1Bs as the current suspension does not apply to someone already in the US but they are tired of staying temporarily.... However, i agree that it is a good option if plan A doesn;t work.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
You have done your part brother. Don’t stress much about the process now . There is a life ahead and I totally agree with your frustration.
more importantly is what way forward now that immigration is in a halt.
I regret the time,money & energy wasted on this entire process! M super done with the whole scam! FSW candidate 460+

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Canada should do something which Australia implemented many many years ago - a system that is completely electronic and does not have to depend on things like VACs, sending of passports, visa label, biometrics etc. I guess FSW is in pause mode currently because of all these dependent functions. For Australia, you do not require a visa label as your passport itself serves that purpose. Hopefully, Canada will revamp their system to give PR to everyone who have been selected - don't think it's such a big deal and in separate forum I think I saw they issuing RFP to vendors for revamping their systems.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Would i say Canada is still an IT developing hub. Most things haven’t been able to move online within Canada despite the Covid-19 so seeing that happening for immigration would be a good move to the right direction
Canada should do something which Australia implemented many many years ago - a system that is completely electronic and does not have to depend on things like VACs, sending of passports, visa label, biometrics etc. I guess FSW is in pause mode currently because of all these dependent functions. For Australia, you do not require a visa label as your passport itself serves that purpose. Hopefully, Canada will revamp their system to give PR to everyone who have been selected - don't think it's such a big deal and in separate forum I think I saw they issuing RFP to vendors for revamping their systems.

waqqbfh

Jan 27, 2020
I'm one of the h1b applicants who is also waiting for FSW draws since March.

I have to say that there are A LOT OF people in the US who just like me, applied EE through FSW as a backup plan for h1b.

I can't speak for others but it was actually not that difficult for me to score 481 on the CRS (3 year work experience + master degree + 8.5 IELTS + 27 years old)

Not saying this is effortless, but the fact is most of them came to the US for graduate school at age 22, graduate at 24 and work for 3 years under STEM OPT. Maybe they could loose a couple points on IELTS depending on the applicants but most people that I personally know or heard of would continue to take IELTS until they could score above the CLB 9 level.

With that being said, I'd expect most people in similar situation would have a CRS score of at least 470+, that's why you are seeing so many people in that score range in the pool right now.

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
I regret the time,money & energy wasted on this entire process! M super done with the whole scam! FSW candidate 460+
Aren't you taking TEF? If so, maybe worth doing that before calling it a day? I doubt you'll regret the efforts you've made so far should this whole Canada thing not work out. But I think you'd regret not doing everything in your power to get the ITA and always wonder "what if?"
I know how frustrated you feel. My journey has been a rollercoaster - so close and yet so far. If I told you how unlucky I've been, you would not believe it. But I've promised myself that I will stop trying and let the chips fall where they may only after I've achieved NCLC 7 across the board in TEF. At least then Ill know that I did absolutely everything I could and won't have any regrets later in life. Hang in there. I hope we get our ITAs. Let's hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.