Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
we will have to wait and see what happens next.
Halting travel for other countries just because things are bad in the US seems like a very unwise idea. Things could get even worse in the US going forward with how badly everything is being managed. I'm still interested to see when borders reopen, as many airlines were publishing increased flight schedules recently, increasing throughout July.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I bet Trudeau doesn’t want to toll that line. The new Trump foreign work visa ban did not spare Canadians either so i see no reason why Trudeau can’t live without the USA. If they tend to depend on just a single country then that’s their problem.
another point to note is that Mexico have been sending hundreds of farmers to Canada since the pandemic began so it is up to them to decide what they want .
the fact that we aren’t getting invites is as a result of the advice the immigration minister is giving Trudeau. That’s why you clearly see provinces inviting outlanders while the fed won’t.
Halting travel for other countries just because things are bad in the US seems like a very unwise idea. Things could get even worse in the US going forward with how badly everything is being managed. I'm still interested to see when borders reopen, as many airlines were publishing increased flight schedules recently, increasing throughout July.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I bet Trudeau doesn’t want to toll that line. The new Trump foreign work visa ban did not spare Canadians either so i see no reason why Trudeau can’t live without the USA. If they tend to depend on just a single country then that’s their problem.
another point to note is that Mexico have been sending hundreds of farmers to Canada since the pandemic began so it is up to them to decide what they want .
the fact that we aren’t getting invites is as a result of the advice the immigration minister is giving Trudeau. That’s why you clearly see provinces inviting outlanders while the fed won’t.
Exactly, Hussien is a hero to many migrated in the year 2017, 18 and 19.
Hope Hussien comes back to power

Reactions: lone_ranger

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I follow a US Immigration lawyer on LinkedIn. Apparently, the Immigration order when you read the order further into detail only applies to H1Bs being issued OUTSIDE the country. Technically, existing H1Bs and even new H1Bs can be issued within the USA. The only negative I see from this is that after a while people will get tired of seeing news like this and choose to move voluntarily, like I did.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I think you shouldn't stress too much. For people like you it is a question of when, not if. Only people significantly affected by this will be those losing points that are already maxed out.
I’m at 475 and still scared because the numbers I saw in the pool is very alarming!!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I’m at 475 and still scared because the numbers I saw in the pool is very alarming!!
As long as you are not losing points anytime soon, you'll be fine. Although the number of people in the bracket 470-480 may look like a lot, chances are a vast majority are between 470-475 as opposed to 475-480

Parve

May 14, 2020
I had 478 points but I am on 473 now because I turned 30 on 1st June. I really hope all the FSW candidates including myself get the ITA soon.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Guys
Trying to assess the potential impact of H1Bs towards Canadian immigration

regarding this, what would be the max score of a potential H1b applicant from the US ( less than 30 years of age, masters and 3 yr work experience)?
Can anyone shed some insights into this ...
The impact of h1b migration has already been felt since 2017 so I don't think there will be much more bigger wave. As a former h1b who has migrated to Canada in 2019 I wrote IELTS in US twice 2015 and 2018. In 2015 it was mostly college students(all nationalities) who were taking it but in 2018 there was barely any person who was not Indian passport (as most h1b are Indian). Most h1bs I personally know have already taken IELTS and for various reasons cannot make it to Canada (age, noc, certification, weather). Also EO only effects new h1b and those outside US which means overall application would only increase small amounts. Lastly EO is not a black swan event rather it is a continuation of US policy for last 4 years if people haven't looked north for for last 4 years because most h1bs are old (>30 years)
I don't see how that changes with just this EO.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
The impact of h1b migration has already been felt since 2017 so I don't think there will be much more bigger wave. As a former h1b who has migrated to Canada in 2019 I wrote IELTS in US twice 2015 and 2018. In 2015 it was mostly college students(all nationalities) who were taking it but in 2018 there was barely any person who was not Indian passport (as most h1b are Indian). Most h1bs I personally know have already taken IELTS and for various reasons cannot make it to Canada (age, noc, certification, weather). Also EO only effects new h1b and those outside US which means overall application would only increase small amounts. Lastly EO is not a black swan event rather it is a continuation of US policy for last 4 years if people haven't looked north for for last 4 years because most h1bs are old (>30 years)
I don't see how that changes with just this EO.
And Canada welcoming H1B is not recent. A few years ago, I have seen huge hoardings in San Francisco highways advertising for H1Bs to come to Canada through Express Entry.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Sure come to Canada where there is no work. People these people are just messing with us. What they should do is get these jobs job to come to Canada along with the immigrants
Most of the people I know in the US on H1B applying for PR believe it is easier for them to move to Canada without quitting their job by an internal transfer. It is just easier for them because of proximity to US, same timezone, similar work culture and almost every US companies having an office in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.