01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Unfortunately I think they will re elect Trump all over again IMHO the Democratic Party is repeating the same mistakes of 2016.
I said this before. This banning of HB1 visa is a popular decision amongst the supremist who happens to be Trump's supporters. Trust me, the man and his team knows how to win an election; everything they are doing points at another Trump's win come end of the year. I hope he doesn't win though.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
I said this before. This banning of HB1 visa is a popular decision amongst the supremist who happens to be Trump's supporters. Trust me, the man and his team knows how to win an election; everything they are doing points at another Trump's win come end of the year. I hope he doesn't win though.
Trump doesn’t care about people , as many have died because of his policies , which are completely driven by political mindset . He stopped the immigration just for votes

Reactions: ita_drgen

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Most polls have Biden beating Trump by double digits. Not saying that means he won't win, but between the mishandling of the pandemic, his authoritarian stance on the BLM movement and protests, and his general dislikability factor, I think it's certainly not an unthinkable idea he might lose in November.

His base is not enough for him to win reelection. And he has alienated a lot of people.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Most polls have Biden beating Trump by double digits. Not saying that means he won't win, but between the mishandling of the pandemic, his authoritarian stance on the BLM movement and protests, and his general dislikability factor, I think it's certainly not an unthinkable idea he might lose in November.

His base is not enough for him to win reelection. And he has alienated a lot of people.
I am really hoping you are right but unfortunately this really sounds like 2016 all over again. Every single pundit put Hilary winning at 65%. The polls are always skewed with a bias for people living in the city. This just seems like a repeat of 2016. A lacklustre candidate against someone with rabid fanatical base. This H1B visa is definitely something his base will latch on to with the spillover effect having that A CRS score will likely be at the very least 470 and upwards. This is why I am suggesting to come to Canada only as a masters student or higher if you are seeking to come to Canada merely to get your PR as an international student.

Reactions: scylla

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well, you know what this H1-B and suspension of PR application stuff will do? Lose him the Indian vote, who are strategically spread out across the U.S. Now, i'm still sure there will be some who will stick with him because of his ties with the Indian govt, but you can imagine how many people in the community,have friends and family on these kinds of immigrant visas and with hopes of filing PR applications, and it's going to turn them off. His popularity among Latinos is already low due to his immigration stance, and his popularity with African Americans will hit rock bottom with his rhetoric against BLM.

So that just leaves him the white vote mainly, large yes but separated into different categories, several of which i doubt he will capture as much of this time.

I don't think the hardcore anti-immigration vote is enough to win him an election.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Say what you want about the guy, the Democrats have tried to foil him at every turn throughout these past 4 years and failed. Would not be surprised if he pulls off another surprise victory in November.

harsh_makani

Feb 12, 2020
I'm one of the h1b applicants who is also waiting for FSW draws since March.

I have to say that there are A LOT OF people in the US who just like me, applied EE through FSW as a backup plan for h1b.

I can't speak for others but it was actually not that difficult for me to score 481 on the CRS (3 year work experience + master degree + 8.5 IELTS + 27 years old)

Not saying this is effortless, but the fact is most of them came to the US for graduate school at age 22, graduate at 24 and work for 3 years under STEM OPT. Maybe they could loose a couple points on IELTS depending on the applicants but most people that I personally know or heard of would continue to take IELTS until they could score above the CLB 9 level.

With that being said, I'd expect most people in similar situation would have a CRS score of at least 470+, that's why you are seeing so many people in that score range in the pool right now.
Can confirm!

Prats18790

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hey this is my 1st post and this forum has been quite helpful. I am a a fsw candidate and started my application in December and was done with the WES and IELTS by March and had a score of 474. Created my profile and expected an ITA by April-May but it's all been pushed back because of the Covid situation.

The main thing being I lose points in July for age and don't feel 469 to be a particularly secure score with the H1B situation as well.

Im looking at ways to increase the Crs score and read that maybe IQAS considers mba from India as masters and that can increase a few points. Has anyone tried the same?

Is there any other option to increase points?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey this is my 1st post and this forum has been quite helpful. I am a a fsw candidate and started my application in December and was done with the WES and IELTS by March and had a score of 474. Created my profile and expected an ITA by April-May but it's all been pushed back because of the Covid situation.

The main thing being I lose points in July for age and don't feel 469 to be a particularly secure score with the H1B situation as well.

Im looking at ways to increase the Crs score and read that maybe IQAS considers mba from India as masters and that can increase a few points. Has anyone tried the same?

Hey! Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. I had exactly the same one. My WES came in a few days too late, and I entered the pool just after the most recent FSW draw, and have been waiting with CRS 481 ever since. I understand your frustration.

It's interesting to me that your master's wasn't recognized as such by WES. Do you know why?

I would recommend trying to increase your score if you can. Did you max out your IELTS points? Otherwise you may need French.

Chinchudas

Jun 24, 2020

Hi, i am in the same boat, my score was 474 and lost points due to age. Now i am at 469. Even my MBA was evaluated as PG diploma instead of masters. Please let me know whether you are planning to re-evaluate using IQAS. I think we can improve the score by another 7 points if MBA is evaluated as masters.

Prats18790

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hey! Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. I had exactly the same one. My WES came in a few days too late, and I entered the pool just after the most recent FSW draw, and have been waiting with CRS 481 ever since. I understand your frustration.

It's interesting to me that your master's wasn't recognized as such by WES. Do you know why?

I would recommend trying to increase your score if you can. Did you max out your IELTS points? Otherwise you may need French.
IELTS I have maxed out and French I have no idea about so don't think that's gonna happen.

Pgdm from India is always considered as a diploma by the WES since long apart from the premier institutes.

Will research more about IQAS as that seems the only option now!

Thanks and hope the fsw draws resume soon!

Prats18790

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi, i am in the same boat, my score was 474 and lost points due to age. Now i am at 469. Even my MBA was evaluated as PG diploma instead of masters. Please let me know whether you are planning to re-evaluate using IQAS. I think we can improve the score by another 7 points if MBA is evaluated as masters.
Yes, 7 points is massive given the current situation. Will try to research more about it. If I get some favorable responses in terms of peoplte who have had their pgdm recognized as mbas its Def worth a try.

jesc_jassi

Feb 16, 2020
IRCC will likely be focusing its limited capacity on CEC and PNP for now, to prioritize those already in Canada.
These are comments made by the immigration law firm based in canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.