Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Hello Guys and Seniors here. I used express entry under Canadian Experience class to get by PR this year. I went through a rough time to get it, but it was all worth it. That aside, I am assisting my cousin with their application and profile and I don't know why their points is low. Principal applicant: WES evaluation: Two Canadian equivalent bachelor's degrees in Chemistry and Nursing. Master's degree in Nursing. 5 years working experience. IELTS score 7.5. Age 32 years.

Spouse: WES evaluation, One year Canadian Bachelor's degree, IELTS score 7, age 40, work experience 6 years. Their total score is 399. They have done and have everything it takes to get above 400 points if I am not mistaken, but I don't why their point is that low. With this points, it does not seem they have a chance. What do you all think they should do to increase their points.
They all Federal Skilled category. out of country.

Your advices is much appreciated.

Reactions: saimurali88

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello Guys and Seniors here. I used express entry under Canadian Experience class to get by PR this year. I went through a rough time to get it, but it was all worth it. That aside, I am assisting my cousin with their application and profile and I don't know why their points is low. Principal applicant: WES evaluation: Two Canadian equivalent bachelor's degrees in Chemistry and Nursing. Master's degree in Nursing. 5 years working experience. IELTS score 7.5. Age 32 years.

Spouse: WES evaluation, One year Canadian Bachelor's degree, IELTS score 7, age 40, work experience 6 years. Their total score is 399. They have done and have everything it takes to get above 400 points if I am not mistaken, but I don't why their point is that low. With this points, it does not seem they have a chance. What do you all think they should do to increase their points.

The reasons for low score here is age and ielts score. Though 7.5 is a really good score , the primary applicant has to take ielts again and Get band 8 overall to increase the scores. Listening and writing scores will contribute the increase of CRS. For sure, their CRS will cross 400 with that. Good luck

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
The reasons for low score here is age and ielts score. Though 7.5 is a really good score , the primary applicant has to take ielts again and Get band 8 overall to increase the scores. Listening and writing scores will contribute the increase of CRS. For sure, their CRS will cross 400 with that. Good luck
Thank you for the response. I will check it and see.
Thanks

Gur3392

Jul 6, 2017
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
AOR Received.
08-04-2018
Hi all,

I did a 3 year degree from India and I have ECA for it and then I have done two year post secondry diploma in Canada.

Now I m confused in answering the education question.

Should I answer it as I have done only bachelor degree or should answer it as two or more diplomas or degrees.

Experts help please.
Thanks in advance.

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017

The principal applicant has to get at least below scores in IELTS:
Reading:7
Listening:8
Writing:7
Speaking:7

Then the CRS score will have a huge boost

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I did a 3 year degree from India and I have ECA for it and then I have done two year post secondry diploma in Canada.

Now I m confused in answering the education question.

Should I answer it as I have done only bachelor degree or should answer it as two or more diplomas or degrees.

Experts help please.
Thanks in advance.
Ideally, you should answer as two diplomas or degrees or certificates

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Yeah. I just checked and it was over 50 points increment. I think that is a flaw. that huge difference is not good. But it's good that, that can be done within a short period of time not going to get PHD.
Thank you for the replies
If any of you need some answers on my experience in getting the PR and the experience in Canada or what ever, let me know. Thanks

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What is IELTS individual score of candidates?

I mean to say
Listening on 0 to 9 band is = 8
Reading on 0 to 9 band is = 7
Writing on 0 to 9 band is = 7
Speaking on 0 to 9 band is = 7

If they are meeting the above ielts score criteria, then may be laerning french is an option.

Please confirm the individual ielts score.

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
What is IELTS individual score of candidates?

I mean to say
Listening on 0 to 9 band is = 8
Reading on 0 to 9 band is = 7
Writing on 0 to 9 band is = 7
Speaking on 0 to 9 band is = 7

If they are meeting the above ielts score criteria, then may be laerning french is an option.

Please confirm the individual ielts score.
Principal applicant : Spouse
Speaking 7.5 7.5
Listening 8.5 7
Reading 6.5 7
Writing 7 7

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Principal applicant : Spouse
Speaking 7.5 7.5
Listening 8.5 7
Reading 6.5 7
Writing 7 7
The principal applicant is short .5 band in Reading to get the 50 point boost that comes from having CLB 9 on all 4 sections. But it appears they are already getting 25 points for "Points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, with one or more under CLB 9 (Maximum 25 points)", so increasing Reading to 7 would give them an additional 25 points to get to "Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities (Maximum 50 points)"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
under CRS – C. Skill transferability factors, Education

And yes, please share your experience and timeline with your immigration process. What were the most difficult obstacles you encountered? Any tips for those of us who are early in the process?

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
CRS will decrease with higher ITA starting Jan 2018 if CIC tends to follow 2016 trend. They were just shifting dates around to have PNP draw in the beginning of Nov this year instead (in 2016, PNP draw was at the end of Nov). With this trend, CRS cut-off will remain high until end of December, but I think CRS won't reach 470s in these last few draws. Hopefully in Jan 2018, CRS will go back down to 440s and the lower scores shall follow. The 430s range started in March-April this year, so it's possible to have these scores back earlier in 2018.

Please don't loose hope everyone! Keep your mental health strong so that you can celebrate at once.

Ashwell

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
If no more OINP's will be issued this year does that mean there will be less people with 600+ and the score will come down? Or am I being overly optimistic?

I joined the pool with my husband as the main applicant in October with 428 points, waiting for my ECA then will be on 436 which was a very hopeful score a few weeks back, now it looks like it will take a bit longer, but as they say "difficult paths often lead to beautiful destinations"