+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Created the profile in March 2017. I have 384 points and have 3 IELTS attempts to claim additional 50 points with the following score:

21/Jan/2017 L78.5 R8.5 W6.0 S7.0
27/April/2017 L7.5 R6.5 W7.0 S7.0
24/June/2017 L8.5 R7.0 W6.0 S7.0

Need advice from the fellow aspirants.
Should I take another IELTS attempt?
Can anyone who has improved their writing and reading scores help me sharing the approach they took?
Will joining any coaching help?
Is there any good coaching in Noida/Delhi for IELTS?
I'd recommend to try IELTS again, it's the fastest way to increase points. I used online resources only, mostly ieltsliz.com used by many. I think what is important in writing is: to follow the writing tasks structure, use decent vocabulary (no jargon expressions, more towards academic), write sufficient amount of words required AND answer directly all questions given in the tasks. The last one was the primary reason for my first failure, I think, because I didn't answer all questions. Good luck to you.

Optiman87

Jun 19, 2017
Hi I also used the online IELTS resource and managed to score an 8 in writing. I recommend reading the band 8 sample essays and understanding the essay structures. Be sure to know what the essay is about and how to correctly answer the questions. Try to stick to around 250 words or slightly more and do not make any spelling/ punctuation mistakes. U can just use simpler words as long as you can convey your idea and maintain the flow of the essay.

Reactions: mqamar1994

bluewaters87

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
People can u please tell me how does the NOI processing goes, when can i expect the decision on my application
CRS 395 , NOC :2173
received NOI on 29th June
submitted NOI On 7th July

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hello , I was thinking NOC 2173 is more into planning , design and specifications rather than actual coding/development.
and NOC 2174 Computer programmers specifically states write , modify , integrate and test software code.
So I was just wondering being a .net developer , since you write and maintain code , dont you think NOC 2174 is better suited for you. Can you pls let me know why you chose 2173 , thanks for your help
Yeah, that's what I'm saying... my role/designation is ASP.NET Developer.. but my roles and responsibilities include all those you mentioned above. So I went with 2173, it makes more sense, because I'm not just writing code... Similarly, just take a thorough look at your duties at your company and then decide. Hope this helps. :)

sumanserah

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Can I go get the medical done now when I don't have an ITA in hand? Or am I supposed to go only after I receive one? I keep hearing that it takes a lot of time to get processed. Please let me know!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Can I go get the medical done now when I don't have an ITA in hand? Or am I supposed to go only after I receive one? I keep hearing that it takes a lot of time to get processed. Please let me know!
It's recommended that you get your medicals and Police Clearance certificate from the country you're currently residing in done after you receive an ITA so that they remain valid during the time it takes for your PR application to be processed.

In the meanwhile, get PCCs from all the countries you've lived in (for 6 months or more) and did not visit again.

Good luck.

sumanserah

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
It's recommended that you get your medicals and Police Clearance certificate from the country you're currently residing in done after you receive an ITA so that they remain valid during the time it takes for your PR application to be processed.

In the meanwhile, get PCCs from all the countries you've lived in (for 6 months or more) and did not visit again.

Good luck.
Thanks so much!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
People can u please tell me how does the NOI processing goes, when can i expect the decision on my application
CRS 395 , NOC :2173
received NOI on 29th June
submitted NOI On 7th July
The processing time is different for everybody. Some people received nominations in 4 days while others had to wait nearly 2 months!.

I'm not sure about the targeted ICT NOCs under 400, but for the rest of the HCP stream usually the status changes from Submitted to Assessment in 7 to 10 days. Then Decision in Progress from Assessment in 10 to 14 days and finally Nominated in another 14 days or so.

All the best.

Muelsayed

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi Guys!

I created my profile last year in dec'16. Recently gave my IELTS and now have an EE score of 433. Just have a couple of questions and would appreciate home advice.

1. Is there is a likelyhood of me getting an ITA in July ?
2. I don't have ONIP invite. I am a marketing professional with no IT experience. My NOC is - advertising and marketing. Is there a reason why I haven't got ONIP despite a 400+ score ?

Thanks guys :)
Most likely u will recieve ITA in the coming 2 draws

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Created the profile in March 2017. I have 384 points and have 3 IELTS attempts to claim additional 50 points with the following score:

21/Jan/2017 L78.5 R8.5 W6.0 S7.0
27/April/2017 L7.5 R6.5 W7.0 S7.0
24/June/2017 L8.5 R7.0 W6.0 S7.0

Need advice from the fellow aspirants.
Should I take another IELTS attempt?
Can anyone who has improved their writing and reading scores help me sharing the approach they took?
Will joining any coaching help?
Is there any good coaching in Noida/Delhi for IELTS?
---
stay focused & give another attempt...
please see the below link for some inputs

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-general-practice-tips.500948/

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Guys!

I created my profile last year in dec'16. Recently gave my IELTS and now have an EE score of 433. Just have a couple of questions and would appreciate home advice.

1. Is there is a likelyhood of me getting an ITA in July ?
2. I don't have ONIP invite. I am a marketing professional with no IT experience. My NOC is - advertising and marketing. Is there a reason why I haven't got ONIP despite a 400+ score ?

Thanks guys :)
You will get ITA during July.

If you want NOI from Ontario you need to re-create your profile, for some reason they cannot see older profiles, only recently created!

Good luck and all the best!