+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Vai

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
I'd recommend to try IELTS again, it's the fastest way to increase points. I used online resources only, mostly ieltsliz.com used by many. I think what is important in writing is: to follow the writing tasks structure, use decent vocabulary (no jargon expressions, more towards academic), write sufficient amount of words required AND answer directly all questions given in the tasks. The last one was the primary reason for my first failure, I think, because I didn't answer all questions. Good luck to you.
Ielts advantage by chris will help you improve score in writing.. he discusses all types of essays in task 2.

Reactions: sanmat

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Hey guys when can we expect CIC to come down to 420. I know its very unpredictable but analysts can you please intervene? 1st week of August?

sanmat

Jul 9, 2017
I'd recommend to try IELTS again, it's the fastest way to increase points. I used online resources only, mostly ieltsliz.com used by many. I think what is important in writing is: to follow the writing tasks structure, use decent vocabulary (no jargon expressions, more towards academic), write sufficient amount of words required AND answer directly all questions given in the tasks. The last one was the primary reason for my first failure, I think, because I didn't answer all questions. Good luck to you.
Thanks "iMayflower" for the link and some wise words

Reactions: iMayflower

sanmat

Jul 9, 2017
Hi I also used the online IELTS resource and managed to score an 8 in writing. I recommend reading the band 8 sample essays and understanding the essay structures. Be sure to know what the essay is about and how to correctly answer the questions. Try to stick to around 250 words or slightly more and do not make any spelling/ punctuation mistakes. U can just use simpler words as long as you can convey your idea and maintain the flow of the essay.
Thanks Optiman87, Can you share some online resources you referred?

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......
Hey I know I'm a little off topic for this Ray of Hope 67th thread, but I just wanted to share some news that I'm sure you probably all knew, but it's news to me and has certainly made my Ray of Hope a little brighter today:

"Changes expected to take effect in fall/autumn 2017
Outlined below are measures contained in the new act that the government expects to take effect in fall/autumn 2017.

Previous act: Applicants had to be physically present in Canada for four out of six years before applying for citizenship.

New act: Applicants must be physically present in Canada for three out of five years before applying for citizenship."

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/bill-c6-passed-giving-immigrants-smoother-pathway-canadian-citizenship-069248.html

I didn't know this was happening. I thought it was still 4 years out of 6, but anything that pulls forward citizenship is a great thing. Clock starts rolling when I land. Roll on the draws and the ITAs!

andy12345

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Created the profile in March 2017. I have 384 points and have 3 IELTS attempts to claim additional 50 points with the following score:

21/Jan/2017 L78.5 R8.5 W6.0 S7.0
27/April/2017 L7.5 R6.5 W7.0 S7.0
24/June/2017 L8.5 R7.0 W6.0 S7.0

Need advice from the fellow aspirants.
Should I take another IELTS attempt?
Can anyone who has improved their writing and reading scores help me sharing the approach they took?
Will joining any coaching help?
Is there any good coaching in Noida/Delhi for IELTS?
You have one more option which is to go for rechecking in Writing only. If your score is not 14 days old. Chances are they probably will give you 7. If not what's there to loose. As it is the score lacks point anyway.

In the mean time, keep preparing for IELTS. If you don't receive desired score then you can retake the test and you will be ready.

One more thing: IDP tests were easier in my case. I gave both BC and IDP.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: sanmat and Mithu3

Canadian_Iam

May 29, 2017
Guys, need an urgent help!

1. I am about to apply for OINP. For photo, Ontario wants both digital copy front, and back (with name & signature). Do I really need upload back side of my photo with signature?
2. In the 'Other Activity (Excluding Education and Paid Work)' section, do I really need to put all my trainings, travels or voluntary work? Or I can add few items which can be supported with document while leaving others off.
3. I can't accommodate the 'Intent to Reside in Canada' letter within 1000 character. Is it okay if put a summary of my letter there and upload the entire letter in the documents section?

Appreciate your prompt support :)

Reactions: Mithu3

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
pw
But I believe ONIP is also given only to people with A certain NOC..

I[/QUOTE

people with varied NOCs have received it. They do not reveal which noc they give preference. Just recreate ur profile most probably u will rcv one. they only send noi to freshly created profile.

KartMak

Jun 27, 2017
Hello guys, am in Canada on student visa. It has been a year here and my medical tests were done exactly an year ago. I am in the EE queue now. Will I be required to give medical test again for PR? If so, I would like to get it ready right away instead of waiting. Please suggest.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
1. Do I really need upload back side of my photo with signature?

No, you just need to scan the front of your photo

2. In the 'Other Activity (Excluding Education and Paid Work)' section, do I really need to put all my trainings, travels or voluntary work?

You need to include any substantial gaps between your study and paid work - travel, voluntary work, parental leave or periods of unemployment etc.

3. I can't accommodate the 'Intent to Reside in Canada' letter within 1000 character. Is it okay if put a summary of my letter there and upload the entire letter in the documents section?

Yes. Sounds good. I did the same thing. Good luck.

Appreciate your prompt support :)
Please see my response in pink. Good luck.

naweed04

Jul 9, 2017
Hello People, my virgin post!

I've been a silent reader since ROH 66 and I must say that there's a fantastic bunch of people here and it was really a joy to read this thread :)

I will be submitting my profile within the next couple of days with 441 so fingers crossed. The last draw made me choke, almost.