+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I hope you don't leave the forum. You always provide such useful info and are a source of positivity. Let's wait and see what happens in 2 weeks' time. It just might be an all-program draw and that should give hope to the 460s.
Alternatively, you're only 5 points away from 470. Why not start French now and I guarantee that by November, you should know enough to get at least a CLB 5 (believe me, it's very attainable) and that will bump you up to at least 469.
Before the pandemic I wasn't sure of doing the french test as I already had a high score, but thanks to recent developments, I am thinking that I should do it.
In your experience how many extra points can someone get for A1, A2, B1 and B2?

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Before the pandemic I wasn't sure of doing the french test as I already had a high score, but thanks to recent developments, I am thinking that I should do it.
Max of 30 points I believe. Spanish speakers are known to pick up French in three months.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
A1, A2 = no points
B1 = 1 point per skill (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking)
B2 = 3 points per skill (+30 bonus points if you get B2 in all 4 skills)
C1 = 6 points per skill

Reactions: Dipanshu26

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
I think that is an excellent idea and in your case, just an extra 4 points will be more than enough.
You need to be at least a B1 to get any points - that is the equivalent of CLB 5. Each B1 score gets you 1 point. So assuming you get a B1 for each of the disciplines (i.e. speaking, listening, reading and writing), you'll get 4 points.
Each B2 score can get you either 1 point (for a low - mid B2 which is equivalent to CLB 6) or 3 points (for a high B2 which is the equivalent of CLB 7). As you may be aware, if you achieve high B2s (i.e. CLB 7) for all 4 disciplines, you'll get an extra 30 points so it gives you a 42-point boost.

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Max of 30 points I believe. Spanish speakers are known to pick up French in three months.
It should be a CEC draw tomorrow and I pray that you get an ITA. I think you have a heart of gold as you've been encouraging and rooting for FSWs even when CEC draws would be more beneficial for you. Such selflessness is a rarity. You are so deserving of a happy ending and I really hope you get it.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Yeah, I need to brush it up a bit, took some classes but wasn't confident as I am with English. Currently taking classes + learning again with couple apps.
I'm native Spanish speaker, and also know Portuguese. I had a couple opportunities in the past to fully get to know the language but didn't, so many regrets!

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Lets see how it goes man, I dont think it would be CEC, it can be FST, long due, that was supposed to happen in May. This has happened in past PNP and then FST. Otherwise it does not make any sense to do only 1 draw of All Programs
Last time when FST happened right after PNP was in May 2018. So the chances for FST draw are very less. But lets hope!

Last edited:

Love_18119

Nov 28, 2019
I am at 462 points right now and was wondering if I could go to Canada for a Phd. Can I go there as a phd student and still be in the express entry pool as FSW? Also will this increase my chances of getting an invitation earlier?

Nabeela 1989

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
A1, A2 = no points
B1 = 1 point per skill (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking)
B2 = 3 points per skill (+30 bonus points if you get B2 in all 4 skills)
C1 = 6 points per skill
Please tell me if a person supposedly scores C1 in 1 skill and A1 In 3 other skills,Will he still get 6 marks for that particular skill or is it necessary to score B2 in every skill?Otherwise no points.

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please tell me if a person supposedly scores C1 in 1 skill and A1 In 3 other skills,Will he still get 6 marks for that particular skill or is it necessary to score B2 in every skill?Otherwise no points.
Is it worth it ? To pay over 200Euro for 6 points ?