+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
Oh no!
I think there is basically only one police clearance issued by AFP which states u don't have any criminal records or pending cases in Australia, it doesn't really mention purpose anywhere. Please check the PCC u have and go for appeal if u can bro. Don't just let that happen.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will send an inquiry by Web form.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Quick question for everyone that has been in process to get PR . I have always planned to conduct all the process by myself, with no consultant help, or just minor help, like spend just a few dollars in 30 min to 1 hour meetings just to ensure everything looks good.
Should I reconsider this, and get in touch with an CRIC consultant and hire him/her for help as I upload all my documents after ITA?
Looking for points of view.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
I applied for immigration purpose, but IRCC requires overseas employment purpose. My agent even didn't know I need to provide traffic history. sucks.
Thats stupid to reject for lack of docs
So why they announced they will not reject due to lack of docs duribg this time

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thats stupid to reject for lack of docs
So why they announced they will not reject due to lack of docs duribg this time
The reason for cancelling their application is the wrong document. If they couldn't provide that document and explained it in an LOE, it wouldn't have been cancelled (not rejected). Generally speaking, IRCC is brutal when it comes to the R10 completeness check. It's how they process all the applications efficiently.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Quick question for everyone that has been in process to get PR . I have always planned to conduct all the process by myself, with no consultant help, or just minor help, like spend just a few dollars in 30 min to 1 hour meetings just to ensure everything looks good.
Should I reconsider this, and get in touch with an CRIC consultant and hire him/her for help as I upload all my documents after ITA?
Looking for points of view.
It does not hurt to consult with an expert before you submit your application. It's really up to you. IRCC is infamous for cancelling applications due to missing minor documents. Use this link to do a completeness check on your own first: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html. If you any questions regarding your reference letter or NOC, it's worth the money to consult with a reputable immigration lawyer or a consultant.

Reactions: BlindGoku and Ypc

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
Sure, no problem.

My wife and I are under 30 years of age. I have a postgrads and her a bachelor's degree. I managed to get into the highest bands for IELTS and she also got pretty high up. I have no experience working in Canada, but have more than 3 years abroad. A pretty decent TEF Canada rating settled the score.

This is our breakdown:

Age = 100
Level of education = 119
Official Languages = 140

Spouse factors
Level of education = 8
First Official Languages = 20

Official Language proficiency and education = 50
Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
French-language skills = 30
Dude
Kindly enlighten me on the french languages proficiency? How difficult is it to score 30 points ? How much preparation does it take ? Please share your experiences

Jul 20, 2020
Dude
Kindly enlighten me on the french languages proficiency? How difficult is it to score 30 points ? How much preparation does it take ? Please share your experiences
I might not be the best example. My father is French and I've been hovering about B2 level for a long time. I use it mostly to watch YouTube videos in French and to read the occasional book.

The tests the Canadian government ask for are applied with Quebec in mind, so I knew the accent and vernacular would be a challenged and tried to prepare accordingly as I most used to metropolitan French.

I also know Spanish and Portuguese, so French, especially written French, is something that is not too challenging for me. That might be wildly different if you don't know another romance language before getting to learn it.

Overal, you can get a large amount of bonus points if you achieve something equivalent to B2 or C1 level in the test while also having good English scores. If I recall it correctly, B2 can be achieved in about a year and a half of focused study according to the Alliance Française.

If I would give you any tips is that besides studying you should consume as much French content (books, videos, podcasts...) as you can, even if you don't understand it fully. I won't go deep in the linguistic theory behind this, but the general trick is that the more you expose yourself to language that is one step ahead of you, that is, challenging and yet not completely unintelligible, the more you will promote language acquisition.

Last edited:

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
French is the path for PR.
People should stop being so reluctant to start learning it.
I started on January, and I’ll be attempting TCF next month. Have high hopes of jumping from 469 to 507 (would be 518 if I was less than 30yr old)
I wholeheartedly agree! I'm waiting for test centres to open in my country to give the TEF. Good luck to you :)

Reactions: jrossi

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
I had the same problem. Got my application cancelled as my agent did not let me know that i needed Vic licence check. My agent was CECA.They are the worst agency.
Sorry to hear that. It really waste time, money and energy because of those incapable agents. Don't lose hope, best of luck to u.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Draw Prediction:
(All Program Draw)

ITA: 3900
Cut-off: 475-478

Anyways, I would like to see my these claims to be falsified by CIC with considerably more point deductions. Good luck everybody! :)

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Draw Prediction:
(All Program Draw)

ITA: 3900
Cut-off: 475-478

Anyways, I would like to see my these claims to be falsified by CIC with considerably more point deductions. Good luck everybody! :)
Hopefully it is a 477 less, because I am a 478 from late May :/