+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

Jul 20, 2020
If you dont mind me asking, could u explain how u were able to fetch 517 points?
#AskingForAFriend
Sure, no problem.

My wife and I are under 30 years of age. I have a postgrads and her a bachelor's degree. I managed to get into the highest bands for IELTS and she also got pretty high up. I have no experience working in Canada, but have more than 3 years abroad. A pretty decent TEF Canada rating settled the score.

This is our breakdown:

Age = 100
Level of education = 119
Official Languages = 140

Spouse factors
Level of education = 8
First Official Languages = 20

Official Language proficiency and education = 50
Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
French-language skills = 30

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Sure, no problem.

My wife and I are under 30 years of age. I have a postgrads and her a bachelor's degree. I managed to get into the highest bands for IELTS and she got also pretty high up. I have no experience working in Canada, but have more than 3 years abroad. A pretty decent TEF Canada rating settled the score.

This is our breakdown:

Age = 100
Level of education = 119
Official Languages = 140

Spouse factors
Level of education = 8
First Official Languages = 20

Official Language proficiency and education = 50
Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
French-language skills = 30
Ohh,
French... That's why...
Advanced wishes on your ITA tomorrow!

Reactions: jrossi

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Dear members,

I have a question regarding the “Proposed Amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General), a Minister's Regulation made under the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015.”

The amendments were proposed in January 16, 2020. Following was proposed for Employer Job offer: International Student Stream and Foreign Worker Stream:

“Introduce limits on the number of applications for approval of an employment position that can be submitted in a calendar year that are proportional to the size of the employer's workforce, as follows:
1 application per 5 existing permanent and full-time employees (employment position within the GTA)

1 application per 3 existing permanent and full-time employees (employment position outside the GTA)”

Could anyone confirm if these amendments are in order. I am asking specifically for the Employer Job offer: Foreign Worker Stream intake happened today (July 21, 2020). As per OINP website there is no information on this as of today.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
French is the path for PR.
People should stop being so reluctant to start learning it.
I started on January, and I’ll be attempting TCF next month. Have high hopes of jumping from 469 to 507 (would be 518 if I was less than 30yr old)

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
I started on January, and I’ll be attempting TCF next month. Have high hopes of jumping from 469 to 507 (would be 518 if I was less than 30yr old)
Where there is a will, there is a way!
All the best for ur hardwork, ur welcome to share some helpful paths to succeed in TCF for beginners...

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Jrossi, I have to say, there's not many people admire I on this forum but you are definitely one that deserves it. Salute to your hard work, determination and perseverance. Whether in Canada or elsewhere, any country would be lucky to have you!

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I have a CRS of 478, and started learning just started learning french last month. Any recommendations on how advance fast, or how are you studying? Beginning in January and testing in August is pretty ambitious!

aonanuga002

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
I think IRCC will select all programs and PNP/CEC-specific back and forth in the following draws.

I got my ITA in April and submitted my application at the end of May. However, my application was rejected due to submitting the wrong document. I re-enter the pool and waiting for the ITA again. I pray it will be CEC draw tmr and I have a good chance to receive it.
What a waste of ITA

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I have a CRS of 478, and started learning just started learning french last month. Any recommendations on how advance fast, or how are you studying? Beginning in January and testing in August is pretty ambitious!
As a matter of fact, I already passed TCF once in early March. But only got 6 points, for the reading/listening sections, that are the easiest parts of the exam. At that time, I jumped from 469 to 475. Just to see the whole CEC draws nightmare start on the following week. Then, my birthday came in June, and I lost the exact 6 points I earned on the first attempt.
But the point is: you don’t even need to achieve CLB7 on all skills to get some valuable extra points!
Right now I’m pretty confident I can get CLB8 on Reading/Listening (I already did in March) and CLB7 on Speaking (got CLB4 on March). I’m just not sure about the Writing section, that’s the one I’m running against the clock.

Where there is a will, there is a way!
All the best for ur hardwork, ur welcome to share some helpful paths to succeed in TCF for beginners...
Regarding my experience: I would recommend you to start from Busuu French course. I subscribed to their premium annual service, and I think it’s worth it. You’ll be far from getting CLB7 by just following the lessons, but, it will give you a reasonable idea of how the tenses, prepositions, etc works. After getting that general overview of the language, than I really don’t think there’s a “one size fits all” approach. I learn by watching YouTube videos (about subjects that I like, such as technology and travel vlogging) and by “talking to myself” in French all the time, and of course, using tools such as Google Translator e DeepL to help me when I don’t know how to express a certain idea.

Last edited:

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Jrossi, I have to say, there's not many people admire I on this forum but you are definitely one that deserves it. Salute to your hard work, determination and perseverance. Whether in Canada or elsewhere, any country would be lucky to have you!
Thank you! It’s all about understanding that the only person who can get you in Canada is yourself. I’ll do whatever it takes to achieve the CRS I need!

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
Its pretty easy right, there is only one police clearance from Australia, that is AFP (name check only) and ur trraffic history if u lived in QLD.
Where did u go wrong?
Which one did u submit?
I applied for immigration purpose, but IRCC requires overseas employment purpose. My agent even didn't know I need to provide traffic history. sucks.

• Sad

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
I applied for immigration purpose, but IRCC requires overseas employment purpose. My agent even didn't know I need to provide traffic history. sucks.
Oh no!
I think there is basically only one police clearance issued by AFP which states u don't have any criminal records or pending cases in Australia, it doesn't really mention purpose anywhere. Please check the PCC u have and go for appeal if u can bro. Don't just let that happen.