+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

G35driver

Jan 17, 2020
Why not for the coming draws issuing 2000 ITAs for general pool and another 2000 for CEC program. At the same time allowing 90 days for documents collection and submission. This way will insure that CRS cut off score won't increase a lot and the lower number of FSW applicants will be less, thus decreasing the burden on IRCC team.

Reactions: srk2322

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Why not for the coming draws issuing 2000 ITAs for general pool and another 2000 for CEC program. At the same time allowing 90 days for documents collection and submission. This way will insure that CRS cut off score won't increase a lot and the lower number of FSW applicants will be less, thus decreasing the burden on IRCC team.
score will not increase as draws are regular. Just not for the FSW program. Remember that CECs are also part of the pool.

Reactions: srk2322

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
It's hard to say, i know it can feel unfair for them but IRCC can implement policies to prevent that, such as freezing the loss of points due to age for the rest of the year. If there isn't another FSW by next round of invitations, i think this is a real possibility.
A very good question
a good question if there was some sort of indication pre-COVID-19 that Canada was done with immigration. Nos are just going to keep increasing. Temporary measures in place for an unprecedented situation. Those worrying about FSW being cancelled, I understand your situation. But, think of it this way - why would Canada suddenly cancel something that has worked for them for so long and will continue to drive their country?

In fact, I would look at it +vely - you are getting time to think about your choices. UK is starting their new immi programme in 2021. I know that it's different and not as 'liberal', but I don't think it's that bad either. Choices!

Reactions: lone_ranger
Mar 15, 2020
Hello altruist
My profile where i am principal applicant is 6 months old. Now i want to apply in pnp with my husband's profile. Will it be a problem if he opens an account as a principle applicant and me as secobdary whereas i already have an existing profile?. Please answer and help

G35driver

Jan 17, 2020
score will not increase as draws are regular. Just not for the FSW program. Remember that CECs are also part of the pool.
Yes, but if you compare the pool distribution in 13th of March and 5th of April, the number of applicants has increased for the range of 471+ despite that 3900 ITAs were issued, it seems that a large portion of people in this range are from FSW program. If CEC only draws continue for a few more weeks or months, then the cut off score for the general draw will increase by much (once it happens).

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yeah, it would be nice if, instead of pausing things entirely, they issued fewer ITAs for FSWs, if they are concerned about low scores. At least then the FSW draws would continue. I'm really hoping these last few were just to clear out specific streams before expirations, and we'll see something good for FSWs before the end of April.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Yes, but if you compare the pool distribution in 13th of March and 5th of April, the number of applicants has increased for the range of 471+ despite that 3900 ITAs were issued, it seems that a large portion of people in this range are from FSW program. If CEC only draws continue for a few more weeks or months, then the cut off score for the general draw will increase by much (once it happens).
That’s the situation we are in. Most outlanders were able to write IELTS on March 7th and 21 thus the increase while people in Canada couldn’t so it was much expected that more outlanders will be in the pool at this time.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello altruist
My profile where i am principal applicant is 6 months old. Now i want to apply in pnp with my husband's profile. Will it be a problem if he opens an account as a principle applicant and me as secobdary whereas i already have an existing profile?. Please answer and help
Same situation. I want open a new express entry profile for PNP. whereas i am in another profile as a spouse with my wife

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
a good question if there was some sort of indication pre-COVID-19 that Canada was done with immigration. Nos are just going to keep increasing. Temporary measures in place for an unprecedented situation. Those worrying about FSW being cancelled, I understand your situation. But, think of it this way - why would Canada suddenly cancel something that has worked for them for so long and will continue to drive their country?

In fact, I would look at it +vely - you are getting time to think about your choices. UK is starting their new immi programme in 2021. I know that it's different and not as 'liberal', but I don't think it's that bad either. Choices!
Good point but see it this way too; why would Canada invite outlanders when there are still CEC applicants with scores ranging from 450 and above ? Remember that this was the cutoff range early 2019 . We are only hoping that they do

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Yeah, it would be nice if, instead of pausing things entirely, they issued fewer ITAs for FSWs, if they are concerned about low scores. At least then the FSW draws would continue. I'm really hoping these last few were just to clear out specific streams before expirations, and we'll see something good for FSWs before the end of April.
We might see a FSW draw in the next rounds of invitations.i also do not think that the FST would be skipped

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Good point but see it this way too; why would Canada invite outlanders when there are still CEC applicants with scores ranging from 450 and above ? Remember that this was the cutoff range early 2019 . We are only hoping that they do
but why did they do that pre-COVID-19? They had enough CEC applicants then as well. Nothing has changed on that front.

The whole point is there is no plausible reason for -ve thinking. The government is reacting and adjusting to the current situation.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
A lot has changed and Trudeau personally mentioned that things aren’t going to be same until a solution is found to curtail the Covid 19
but why did they do that pre-COVID-19? They had enough CEC applicants then as well. Nothing has changed on that front.

The whole point is there is no plausible reason for -ve thinking. The government is reacting and adjusting to the current situation.

Canada2628

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Reactions: Issygn