+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
I think I'll probably get increasingly concerned the more non-FSW draws there are. For example, if there's a draw around 22 April, and that's also not FSW, I'll probably have even more doubt. But I do think remaining positive, as you say, is a good idea. :)
First step towards pulling economy back on track has been taken by GC as 73 billion wage subsidy has been approved & this means a huge sum from millions of Canadians if not all who lost their jobs last month will be recalled or kept on payroll with their employers. Practically speaking, It is less frustrating to lose part of salary (25% for a few months) than losing the jobs especially when no one is hiring!

Unemployment rate will also either stop and/or decline gradually as people are recalled on payroll even though businesses are officially not reopened.

First the Canada Emergency Respone Benefit (CERB) that now wage subsidy. These steps will play vital role in supporting the economy in this challenging times so Canada can carry on with it’s economic immigration targets once situation has more clarity.

I believe within the next few months, once the outbreak curve starts declining and the situation is under control or stabilized, we will once again see more frequent FSW draws.

At the same time, GC can always surprise us with some good news even during the pandemic.

Stay positive and hold on tight.... ;)

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
WES changed message on their website indicating they will issue ECA's based on soft copies only and asking applicant's to create accounts. Looks like ECA from WES will atleast continue in some capacity. Pretty sure IELTS will also come up with something instead of losing money, tech is already there to conduct CD tests from home. Score is gonna skyrocket if FSW draws are not conducted soon.

Reactions: alexross

Mo96

Apr 12, 2020
How about those who are under FSW currently and they have been working on work permits to hit 52 weeks to apply under CEC and have been laid off and are sruck remaining in FSW but under normal circumstances would be future CEC????

They are also inlanders and have paid tax for God knows how many years.

Including myself!!

Not all Fsworkers are outlanders.
How could they know whether the applicant is physically in Canada or not? I can't find a place where you put your address

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
All FSWs are frustrated and I can feel their pain. But still the fact remains that Canada's priority now is safety of Canadians rather than immigration. When the dust settles CRS might go up at unimaginable level. (I hope that doesn't happen)

I would consider two facts.

Current scenario FSWs are not invited for a while and inland applicants are still getting their experience.( more than 600K students and counting)

When dust settles Canada might not be inviting so many FSWs because of slow economy, less jobs and mainly they can give more student visa(because thats billions of dollors are just adrenaline in Canadian economy). But still at that time influx will remain same.

In my opinion very soon we will see toughest competition. There will only be survival of fittest. So anybody in the pool right now just try getting PNP if possible rather than waiting so long to get ITA on regular draw. If you can enrol in student visa go for it.
I hope everybody can fulfill their Canadian dream but there's always been survival of fittest. All the best

robkin

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
United States
Otherwise IRCC should announce the suspension of the FSW draws
If they announce a suspension, then they will have to announce a resumption. Undoubtedly this would garner some negative attention depending on the employment situation. It’s better to avoid that lightning rod or you risk stoking the fire of negative sentiment toward immigration.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
If they announce a suspension, then they will have to announce a resumption. Undoubtedly this would garner some negative attention depending on the employment situation. It’s better to avoid that lightning rod or you risk stoking the fire of negative sentiment toward immigration.
Let's just say the draws are continuing and there are no FSW draws for the next six months or the entire year, what do you think will happen then? Also, if the pandemic is causing such a bad recession, then there is no point in continuing immigration at all since even Canadians are losing jobs, what is the point of taking in new people?

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
There are a lot of FSW candidates waiting and these folks have spent lots of money as well, not mentioning the time spent on developing IELTS skills and French, WES, etc.

And as I have mentioned in my previous post, many folks like me will lose 5 points due to ageing up, which will greatly reduce the chance of being rewarded ITA.

Therefore, IRCC should -if that is the plan- declare the suspension of the programme and possible resumption. However, in my opinion it would be fairer if they during this period suspended losing-5-points fact.

All of us are now worried about our healths and current situation. Nevertheless, we are also looking into the future and those like me who apply to the Express Entry consider Canada as their future homes and therefore it is impossible for us to turn a blind eye to this issue.

Let's pray that the next draw will be FSW and everything will be fine.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Let's just say the draws are continuing and there are no FSW draws for the next six months or the entire year, what do you think will happen then? Also, if the pandemic is causing such a bad recession, then there is no point in continuing immigration at all since even Canadians are losing jobs, what is the point of taking in new people?
I was thinking about this. I'm hearing it is going to be depression worse than what happened in 2008. I don't think immigration is going to be high on the priority list when millions are unemployed.. :/

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I was thinking about this. I'm hearing it is going to be depression worse than what happened in 2008. I don't think immigration is going to be high on the priority list when millions are unemployed.. :/
More like a depression possbly not seen since the 1930s if this goes on through the summer. Just look at the weekly increases in unemployed south of the border millions more each week.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
This is exactly I raised at first in this and previous thread but it seemed no one listened initially. Now the same fellows are actually coming up and raising same concerns :) Good to know that.,...

You have to be wise enough and ask your mind sight rather than eye sight !

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
This is exactly I raised at first in this and previous thread but it seemed no one listened initially. Now the same fellows are actually coming up and raising same concerns :) Good to know that.,...

I only wish they at least drafted something out for some FSW folks but they can’t be fair in whatever way they try do it. It just so unfortune that EE was a lifetime decision for many and rerouting now even seems more difficult. Scores been dropping by 3 points since it became CEC/PNP specific and this shows that there are more outlanders in the pool. The world has shut its door to immigration due to the pandemic. We will wait and see what faith grants us.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
I only wish they at least drafted something out for some FSW folks but they can’t be fair in whatever way they try do it. It just so unfortune that EE was a lifetime decision for many and rerouting now even seems more difficult. Scores been dropping by 3 points since it became CEC/PNP specific and this shows that there are more outlanders in the pool. The world has shut its door to immigration due to the pandemic. We will wait and see what faith grants us.
yes it is truly heart breaking, we all are in this together.

Reactions: Issygn

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hard to believe that FSW candidates were keeping the cut off so high, maybe IRCC got fed up and started doing CEC draws. I doubt if there were any 470+ candidates in the last draw.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

I don't think I would be considered a 'same fellows' but sure

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
CECs are easier to process, and PNP are fewer in quantity, so it makes sense what IRCC is doing.

Remember that most countries are shut down, IRCC are not dumb, they know based on trends where most FSW candidates live and come from, and they know they will struggle to get their documents together in the next few months, even in 90 days.

So they are waiting for the situation to improve first before reissuing ITAs for them.

I would not read too much into it, it's being done for practical reasons relating to the current situation, not because of some long term shift taking place.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexross