+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Heights of sarcasm and frustration
Lolz
Not being sarcastic here. It is just a fact. CEC applicants can’t improve their scores at this time except through ECA and there are holidays so we don’t expect any meaningful influx . The bunch of applicants in the pool now are mostly outlanders so do the maths.

Reactions: kabir_krishna

G35driver

Jan 17, 2020
If the coming draw is CEC/PNP only, then CRS cut off score might drop to 460. However, I believe this not fair to have a third in raw to CEC-only-draw! Leaving someone with a score of 480, and picking another with 460 is a contradiction with the essence of the EE system!
I hope the next draw is a general one. Otherwise IRCC should announce the suspension of the FSW draws

Reactions: lone_ranger

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
If the coming draw is CEC/PNP only, then CRS cut off score might drop to 460. However, I believe this not fair to have a third in raw to CEC-only-draw! Leaving someone with a score of 480, and picking another with 460 is a contradiction with the essence of the EE system!
I hope the next draw is a general one. Otherwise IRCC should announce the suspension of the FSW draws
I believe that they should conduct a fsw draw and continue accepting candidates. When the things normalize they can start processing the paperwork of those who got the ITAs.
Well, if I am thinking of such a thing definitely the IRCC is able to do so.
I really hope that the things get better soon..

G35driver

Jan 17, 2020
I believe that they should conduct a fsw draw and continue accepting candidates. When the things normalize they can start processing the paperwork of those who got the ITAs.
Well, if I am thinking of such a thing definitely the IRCC is able to do so.
I really hope that the things get better soon..
Yes this sounds right and fair for everyone

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Yes this sounds right and fair for everyone
They prefer to take a chance with someone who is already in the country than an Outland applicant.

These people have spent lot of money and have paid taxes too.

Yes, I understand that FSW applicants are valuable too. But for the money spent, with expiring work permits, I won’t be surprised if FSW resumes in Sept/Oct.

The situation is bad here. 1million jobs lost last month.

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
You do realise that the whole Express Entry is unfair right, as is life. The EE system is unfairly rigged so as to attract younger candidates - an older candidate could argue it's unfair because they are bringing children and not likely to sponsor elderly parents later on. It is unfairly rigged to attract English and French educated candidates, people who are skilled in certain fields. The EE system is not set in stone; it is meant to be fluid and versatile to meet the demands of Canada.

The writing is on the wall. IRCC does not have to announce the suspension of the FSW draws.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
To be honest, I don’t see a general draw happening anytime soon. In the future we will look back at the pool and say: “these were the time when there was a crisis in the world and Canada couldn’t invite FSW” as at that time it will sound reasonable to whoever we are explaining it to but the person won’t understand the pain. It is more as saying that Canada didn’t allow foreigners into their country during the pandemic which is what every other country in the world is doing now. So i see this as a wise strategy to keep the EE afloat while the pandemic continues . Canada has a different focus now and that focus has been described by the prime minister as “essential services until things get normalize”

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
They prefer to take a chance with someone who is already in the country than an Outland applicant.

Yes, I understand that FSW applicants are valuable too. But for the money spent, with expiring work permits, I won’t be surprised if FSW resumes in Sept/Oct.

How about those who are under FSW currently and they have been working on work permits to hit 52 weeks to apply under CEC and have been laid off and are sruck remaining in FSW but under normal circumstances would be future CEC????

They are also inlanders and have paid tax for God knows how many years.

Including myself!!

Not all Fsworkers are outlanders.

Reactions: jrossi

zoexxy

Mar 5, 2020
Agree. I also don't see a general draw happening in the near future. Actually it is a really bad sign that IRCC didn't answer my question when I asked when will we have a draw for FSW. It just showed it is not on the agenda yet. They didn't even say "we are planning to do that after the end of the pandemic. However they replied right away when i asked if EE is going on.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Funny or sad? I think it's all quite tragic. I hope everyone, including myself, finds some other way of reaching their goals. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for more FSW draws.
People find solace in other's sufferings, and hence we have dragged the world to state in which it is today. No wonder.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019

If that was the case they should do FSW for Inland, I am inland and studied here but not eligible for CEC

Reactions: Aysherman

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
If that was the case they should do FSW for Inland, I am inland and studied here but not eligible for CEC
I guess what he means is that Canada prefers people who have already proved they can integrate through stable employment. Student identity alone doesn't mean one can integrate.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
I guess what he means is that Canada prefers people who have already proved they can integrate through stable employment. Student identity alone doesn't mean one can integrate.
I am not student i am working
But for cec you have to be working for 1 yr