+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Present your opinion, and i'll present mine. Okay? Your speculation is not more valid than mine, especially when you're not basing it on anything other than your conjecture and internal logic. You don't have more insight into their thinking than anyone else, so present your opinion as such.

Canada has a commitment to fairness in their immigration policies just as they have commitment to fairness in all walks of life. This quota thing is asinine, they want to ensure all applicants have a fair chance of being select from each program, this is why most draws are all program draws. If they disenfranchise FSWs, they will receive less foreign applications, and they will have a lower quality pool to draw from in the future. That only hurts their long term objectives. If you have such a cynical view of the country's immigration practices, i'm not even sure why you want to immigrate here.

The only reason FSWs are being excluded has been due to the outbreak, there has never been a CEC only draw previously. That's something they could have easily done before, that would not be the case if there was a big preference for CECs as you perceive,

As for PNPs, there is no rush for them, they will continue to accumulate. The idea that it is scandalous that there is a draw without them is ridiculous, there have been federal skilled trades only draws before.

One or two draws without them will not cause a tear in the space-time continuum. Or they could do as they've done in the last round, have one draw for PNPs and another for FSWs.
This sounds more like wishful thinking. The way things are going, Air Canada has suspended its flight till June. I don't expect any FSW or Generic draw till June. It will be all PNP and CEC only till situation returns to normal. Good thing is due to IELTS not being offered around the world, and WES and other ECA providing institutions suffering delay due to COVID not as many new applicants are able to apply. Good luck to all.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/air-canada-and-others-suspend-flights-until-june-as-sector-slammed-by-covid-19-1.4894281

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
This sounds more like wishful thinking. The way things are going, Air Canada has suspended its flight till June. I don't expect any FSW or Generic draw till June. It will be all PNP and CEC only till situation returns to normal. Good thing is due to IELTS not being offered around the world, and WES and other ECA providing institutions suffering delay due to COVID not as many new applicants are able to apply. Good luck to all.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/air-canada-and-others-suspend-flights-until-june-as-sector-slammed-by-covid-19-1.4894281
You are right, if FSW's get invited now, they will receive PR by June, how can they land then?

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
There is no advantage for Canada to prioritize FSW over PNP or CEC so they won't do a draw excluding PNP or CEC. I would even argue that it would be best for them if they could fill the quota with PNP and CEC only and wouldn't need FSW at all. IRCC has no responsibility to any of the applicants in the pool, so stop with all this talk about "unfairness". Their only consideration is filling the quota. Our hopes and dreams don't register in the whole scheme and why should they?
I agree everything between "IRCC has no responsibility --- to --- why should they?" I wish that was all that you said.

For the rest of your statement ignore the rest of my reply if I got your intention wrong, but it is not for a charity that IRCC is having FSW in quota.

I am with you when you say IRCC has no responsibility to anyone, but can you tell me why they have FSW in the quota if there is no advantage?

And when the gates open and they start including FSW if they don't do a draw excluding PNP or CEC the scores will only skyrocket and it will definitely affect even the CEC applicants with average (now 470's) scores. I am not here to "argue" about how IRCC should be doing their job and neither should anyone else. This is just something that will be obvious if you observe the pool distribution given during the last few draws.

Reactions: lone_ranger

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
I think they will stop accepting indian people for next 4-5 months as the covid 19 consequences in India is terrific.. more and more people are getting infected in India..plus the health systm in country is in very bad shape! I would highly recommend to indian people to check this forum after few months as no chances for you except theCEC applicants!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Present your opinion, and i'll present mine. Okay? Your speculation is not more valid than mine, especially when you're not basing it on anything other than your conjecture and internal logic. You don't have more insight into their thinking than anyone else, so present your opinion as such.

Canada has a commitment to fairness in their immigration policies just as they have commitment to fairness in all walks of life. This quota thing is asinine, they want to ensure all applicants have a fair chance of being select from each program, this is why most draws are all program draws. If they disenfranchise FSWs, they will receive less foreign applications, and they will have a lower quality pool to draw from in the future. That only hurts their long term objectives. If you have such a cynical view of the country's immigration practices, i'm not even sure why you want to immigrate here.

The only reason FSWs are being excluded has been due to the outbreak, there has never been a CEC only draw previously. That's something they could have easily done before, that would not be the case if there was a big preference for CECs as you perceive,

As for PNPs, there is no rush for them, they will continue to accumulate. The idea that it is scandalous that there is a draw without them is ridiculous, there have been federal skilled trades only draws before.

One or two draws without them will not cause a tear in the space-time continuum. Or they could do as they've done in the last round, have one draw for PNPs and another for FSWs.
I think it’s safe to assume everyone here is presenting opinions, unless they state something is a fact, and/or link to proof of such. You’ve just stated what looks like a fact – that there’s never been a CEC-only draw before – but there has. On February 20, 2015. And FST-only draws 6 times already. So, maybe check what is fact before posting incorrect statements here while criticizing others for the factual veracity of their posts.

I don’t think doing what they’re doing currently is disenfranchising anyone, and even if it was, I assume FSWs would continue to apply however they could, because the prospect of moving to Canada is so appealing. And any immigration-related measure could be reversed in future. I think fsw_hk is fair in saying they don’t have an obligation to do anything for FSWs or any of the rest of the applicants. It’s their program, it’s their laws, it’s their politics, it’s their choice to decide what is fair. We react to the consequences. 0 entitlement.

You are right, if FSW's get invited now, they will receive PR by June, how can they land then?
By June? I wouldn’t bet on anyone being invited now receiving PR in 2 months. IRCC has already come out and said that anyone who receives an ITA now can expect at least 6 months of processing time, if not more.

I agree everything between "IRCC has no responsibility --- to --- why should they?" I wish that was all that you said.

For the rest of your statement ignore the rest of my reply if I got your intention wrong, but it is not for a charity that IRCC is having FSW in quota.

I am with you when you say IRCC has no responsibility to anyone, but can you tell me why they have FSW in the quota if there is no advantage?

And when the gates open and they start including FSW if they don't do a draw excluding PNP or CEC the scores will only skyrocket and it will definitely affect even the CEC applicants with average (now 470's) scores. I am not here to "argue" about how IRCC should be doing their job and neither should anyone else. This is just something that will be obvious if you observe the pool distribution given during the last few draws.
But do you think it’s a bad thing if “scores skyrocket”? Isn’t that a good thing for Canada? If they can meet those 3,900 ITAs with candidates who all have even higher scores than usual, that’s a win for them. Some people on this forum (I’m not saying you) seem to be of the mind that because we’re suffering from high score draws, the Canadian government is also suffering.

The whole system is set up to invite from the highest-scoring candidate down the list to a cut-off. Maybe the plan all along is to wait until more high-scoring candidates enter the pool until they do another FSW draw. Nobody outside IRCC knows what they’re planning. We just have to wait and see. And I say all this with my 481 CRS, still awaiting an ITA.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I think they will stop accepting indian people for next 4-5 months as the covid 19 consequences in India is terrific.. more and more people are getting infected in India..plus the health systm in country is in very bad shape! I would highly recommend to indian people to check this forum after few months as no chances for you except theCEC applicants!
Hahahahaha
Explain the situations in other countries too.

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
But do you think it’s a bad thing if “scores skyrocket”? Isn’t that a good thing for Canada? If they can meet those 3,900 ITAs with candidates who all have even higher scores than usual, that’s a win for them. Some people on this forum (I’m not saying you) seem to be of the mind that because we’re suffering from high score draws, the Canadian government is also suffering.

The whole system is set up to invite from the highest-scoring candidate down the list to a cut-off. Maybe the plan all along is to wait until more high-scoring candidates enter the pool until they do another FSW draw. Nobody outside IRCC knows what they’re planning. We just have to wait and see. And I say all this with my 481 CRS, still awaiting an ITA.
Cheers to your score! I'm at the same CRS :)
Well, I believe other than language skills, nothing else matters in Canada for the applicant to survive. I say that because I don't think it is easy for a person to get a job in Canada based on the level of education or work experience as most employers do not value foreign education and experience. So if that is the case how can Canada benefit from such high scores?

In the scoring system, the only criteria I think will be beneficial to the country is the age, less the age longer the person is going to contribute to the GDP and population, isn't it? **nothing against older applicants here**

I think the purpose of the scoring system is more to be able to pick a limited number of applications to process according to the capacity and targets and let the rejected not blame the process of picking. If that were not the case I don't think IRCC would have picked people with 430's and 440's in the past.

As you say, the Canadian government is definitely not suffering because of high scores and I would add that it's not benefitting a lot either. Because no one can say that a person with a low score won't earn more than the cut-off scoring individual and contribute to the taxes that the country will benefit from, isn't it?

Reactions: lone_ranger

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
I think they have the FSW because they can't fill their quota with PNP and CEC alone. But I think it would be "better" for the program if they could, because that would mean all applicants would either have previous experience in Canada or would have better job prospects as they are in a targeted occupation. In the end nobody except IRCC knows why they do things the way they do, we can all just guess.
As I was saying in another post I think the quota exists for more income to the country. True, CEC and PNP have a better chance of finding a job, but FSW's eventually does find jobs, meanwhile surviving on funds from back home.

And I don't think they can just apply for unemployment benefits without having paid any taxes of income if one wants to go to that point. Which is evident in the current situation. So I don't really think the country is losing anything to be better off without an FSW.

All being said, I am not a person that would argue that immigration is only for a country's benefit. It is a win-win for the country as well as the applicant.

And true, we can only just guess what IRCC's intention is. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don’t think doing what they’re doing currently is disenfranchising anyone, and even if it was, I assume FSWs would continue to apply however they could, because the prospect of moving to Canada is so appealing.
100% agree with this comment.

Over the last 10 years, there have been several instances where IRCC (or the Provinces) have canceled programs and / or returned large batches of applications unprocessed. People always come back (maybe not the same people) and there are always more wanting to immigrate than there are spaces available. Disenfranchising isn't on the list of Canada's concerns. History has already proven several times that this won't be a problem.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Have they ever used 1112 in the past? Or just in February 14 draw they didn't use 1112
2019 saw many tech draws, for NOC related to information and technology. NOC 2171, 72, 73, 74 were the main targets. CRS cutoff for these usually was about 4 to 8 points below the federal draw cutoff. Though other NOCs were selected, I haven't seen 1112 in them.

More information about Ontario draws can be seen here.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
By June? I wouldn’t bet on anyone being invited now receiving PR in 2 months. IRCC has already come out and said that anyone who receives an ITA now can expect at least 6 months of processing time, if not more.
Thank god, if somehow I receive an ITA now, submitted my application and it was approved, I will be able to fly through Air Canada even after June. I feel relieved.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think it’s safe to assume everyone here is presenting opinions, unless they state something is a fact, and/or link to proof of such. You’ve just stated what looks like a fact – that there’s never been a CEC-only draw before – but there has. On February 20, 2015. And FST-only draws 6 times already. So, maybe check what is fact before posting incorrect statements here while criticizing others for the factual veracity of their posts.

I don’t think doing what they’re doing currently is disenfranchising anyone, and even if it was, I assume FSWs would continue to apply however they could, because the prospect of moving to Canada is so appealing. And any immigration-related measure could be reversed in future. I think fsw_hk is fair in saying they don’t have an obligation to do anything for FSWs or any of the rest of the applicants. It’s their program, it’s their laws, it’s their politics, it’s their choice to decide what is fair. We react to the consequences. 0 entitlement.
lol, okay, well done, you found one CEC draw for 808 people in 2015.

That definitely nullifies everything i said about no clear preference for CECs.

Great job. That's so statistically insignificant, it might as well as not have been brought up.

But congrats, you went looking for a CEC draw from the very inception of EE and you found it lol.

If you guys want to continue with this negative attitude, go ahead. I can tell you that if i had this mindset i would never have been able to immigrate, i would have found issues and problems everywhere.

I don't think you guys even understand how Canada works, what their values are, so better to stay in your negative head space and you'll end up achieving nothing.

If you don't believe in Canada's commitment to fairness you don't deserve to be here.

Last edited: