+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 109th draw

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
What if someone says they are applying alone (spouse non accompanying) because when spouse is added to their profile they do not get enough points to obtain an ITA!

It is a 100% honest statement and there is no misrepresentation. Is there any rule or law which can lead to the application being rejected in this case?
Hey,
I emailed and called ontario nominee to inquire about this and got a response back that applying as accompanying spouse for onip after receiving the NOI is perfectly fine as soon as you met the criteria when NOI received initially

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hey,
I emailed and called ontario nominee to inquire about this and got a response back that applying as accompanying spouse for onip after receiving the NOI is perfectly fine as soon as you met the criteria when NOI received initially
Hey,

That's interesting. Do you mean,
- a married candidate can apply OINP saying spouse will not accompany to Canada.
- then once OINP nomination is received, can add the spouse as accompanying after getting NOI

Won't they recalculate the points during evaluation of OINP application and see if the points are not enough to meet the NOI cutoff?

I didn't understand this part.. "is perfectly fine as soon as you met the criteria when NOI received initially"
By the way, where is such information? did that nominee that you called applied that way?

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
That's interesting. Do you mean,
- a married candidate can apply OINP saying spouse will not accompany to Canada.
- then once OINP nomination is received, can add the spouse as accompanying after getting NOI

Won't they recalculate the points during evaluation of OINP application and see if the points are not enough to meet the NOI cutoff?

I didn't understand this part.. "is perfectly fine as soon as you met the criteria when NOI received initially"
By the way, where is such information? did that nominee that you called applied that way?
that is how they word it, I mentioned that CRS is dropping by adding spouse, They are like
Adding spousal information does not effect anything. Your CRS score fit the criteria for the NOI initially.

Not sure if they misunderstood the email, even called got the same response

Last edited:

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Your calculation is good, but the data that you used for calculation is as of Jan 3rd, 2019. So, if the draw had happened on Jan 3rd, cut off would have been below 441. Unfortunately, more applicants entered the pool in the last 7 days and caused the cut off to move to 449.
@linhmaidz What is scary for people with CRS < 440 is that in those 7 days there were 1,697 people who entered the EE pool with scores > 449.

Here is the math: we know that 2203 (=284+1919) people for sure had CRS > 449 as of Jan 3rd, that leaves 1697 (=3900-2203) people who got added after Jan 3rd, since cutoff came to 449 while accepting 3900 total applications.
If this is normal then every 3 weeks there are about 5,000 people with scores > 449 entering the EE pool. Even if you assume a downward swing of 1000 or say even 2000, this still represents a formidable obstacle for people with scores below 440 :( (I am one of them)

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
My friend got a NOI from Ontario today. His points in express is 448. I told him he had 45 days to respond and as such i suggest he waits to see if he will be invited in the Next draw from IRCC. I think he will receive ITA in the next draw.
Yup there is a good chance. Good for him

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
So apparently, OINP doesn’t look at only new profiles created in 2019. They go way back to profiles that are almost a year old
Is this true? where did you get this info from?

Bhuppi

Jan 11, 2019

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
@OnceMore that totally makes sense buddy. My CRS is 439 and I just received the Ontario Letter of Interest to apply for nomination.
1493 NOIs were sent out and cut off was 439. Should I go for PNP ?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest?share=7125df30-0ece-11e9-b20c-510364827162
I would seriously suggest going for PNP. Trust me, I would do it in an instance. I sincerely do not see the EE cutoff dipping below 440 or 439, even if it miraculously gets to your score then it becomes luck based! Best Wishes for the process, hope you make it to your destination.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
I meant last year. they invited profiles from January 1, 2018... that is why the CRS range has gone down to 427 back then.

Now instead of starting with fresh profiles from January 1, 2019, they are going as far as 2018 to invite profiles from 439 and above.. and now it seems like they exhausted the number of NOI for HCP Non-JO so anyone below 439 has no chance whatsoever now.

I am also at 438 and waiting to no avail.
Oh My God, I can't believe this. All I can say is WHY? all the while knowing there is no answer to this question.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Guys can you please advise on below:

I searched a lot in the forum about AIPP program but couldn't get the answer I am looking for. Basically, I know what AIPP is but my question is how to contact employers/recruiters?

I have made few efforts myself like:

1. I downloaded the list of designated employers for Nova Scotia, shortlisted the ones matching my profile( i am a business analyst with 3 years of experience)

2. I emailed each of them with my cover letter and resume last week.

Unfortunately, I haven't received a reply from anyone. I am not sure if i am on the right track?

Please advise.
Are you outside Canada? If yes then unless you have a super niche portfolio, it is extremely difficult to find a job, you are just a piece of paper to them, they have no obligation to hire a stranger from a foreign land. Most people who 'find' a job in Canada, are either already in or join an office in the country where they live and the company happens to have an office in Canada and they move within the company. My intention is not to discourage you, I am in the same boat and that's the advice I have seen all over the forums. Keep trying but keep your hopes as low as possible.

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Well, 438 has become an unlucky number with CIC. I missed out by 1 point on direct ITA in Dec19 draw. I managed to recover from the heartbreak by convincing me that at least i have some hope with OINP in 2019. The OINP draw on Jan 14 gave me another punch on the face shattering all the very little hopes i had to grab a NOI before my birthday on Jan 23.

Now.. I am checking the ROH every hour searching for some hope...

Reactions: nns14