+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 109th draw

Sara1981

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Well, 438 has become an unlucky number with CIC. I missed out by 1 point on direct ITA in Dec19 draw. I managed to recover from the heartbreak by convincing me that at least i have some hope with OINP in 2019. The OINP draw on Jan 14 gave me another punch on the face shattering all the very little hopes i had to grab a NOI before my birthday on Jan 23.

Now.. I am checking the ROH every hour searching for some hope...
same here, sitting @438

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
I'd like to make a change to my profile. I have to change my employer name as the company has demerged and now called with a new name. Changing the profile and attaching an LOE explaining with proof will suffice? Someone kindly help!!

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
I did my upfront medical exam yesterday. Unfortunately, due to my anxiety or nervousness, my blood pressure was really high. The reading was 148/98. Will this be a huge issue ? Please advice.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I did my upfront medical exam yesterday. Unfortunately, due to my anxiety or nervousness, my blood pressure was really high. The reading was 148/98. Will this be a huge issue ? Please advice.
Do it one more time but be calm. No worry it's just a medical test.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Do it one more time but be calm. No worry it's just a medical test.
In my view and conversations with the medics on the panel, hypertension itself is not an issue. Its not a drain on Canada's resources to treat you for hypertnesion (if that is the case).

The issue is if hypertension has gone untreated for some time and has led to complications, e.g. damage to your heart or other organs, which would require costly treatment in Canada, e.g. an organ transplant. This is the issue of concern, when the medical cost to Canada will be on the high end of the spectrum. In this scenario, they can disqualify you on medical grounds.

So dont worry about the hypertension on its own. Its the complications that, if they exist, will bar you from entry.

(and even in that scenario, there are immigration lawyers who can take on the case and increase your chances. I stumbled on to one guys website and he has had success with getting PR for people with serious and expensive medical conditions).

Reactions: thaitran26291

asmasaiyad

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
Are you outside Canada? If yes then unless you have a super niche portfolio, it is extremely difficult to find a job, you are just a piece of paper to them, they have no obligation to hire a stranger from a foreign land. Most people who 'find' a job in Canada, are either already in or join an office in the country where they live and the company happens to have an office in Canada and they move within the company. My intention is not to discourage you, I am in the same boat and that's the advice I have seen all over the forums. Keep trying but keep your hopes as low as possible.
Yes, I am outside Canada. Thanks for your feedback.