+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 104th draw

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Ey guys. Just curious on how the EOR process works. You request and pay it. Then what?? Who does the remarking? Where? After all this IELTS is a huge business and giving money back to applicants must not be their 1st choice for sure.
IDP - Rs. 9300/- Costly not recommended only if you are extremely confident ....
https://www.ieltsidpindia.com/information/enquiry-on-results

BC - Rs 6500/- more chances than IDP but all depends on your content and if you are confident ...
https://www.britishcouncil.in/sites/default/files/ielts_enquiry_on_results_form.pdf

Reactions: Kurco

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
I gave IDP ielts. Applied for EOR for writing because I was sure I deserve more. Came back in 2 days with the score increased by 0.5 and they returned my money (excluding taxes of course)

ug_roots

Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone.
I am in the pool with 427 and am wondering If the positive LMIA was received under Global Talent Stream Work permit, can it be used in the express entry application to receive additional 50 points?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Nothing but respect for you guys and gals that have to score highly on IELTS with English as a second language. People looked at me like I was nuts in Oklahoma City and asked "Why are you here?" and "Americans have to take the IELTS?" They were all there for the same reason as me: Canadian immigration. We were the only US citizens there, however.

Thankfully, as a native speaker, I was able to score all 9's (CLB10). My wife scored 9/8/9/9 (CLB9). Good luck to you all in achieving CLB9. Note: I got no extra points for CLB10 vs CLB9. :(

So, after all 9s two years ago in US, I retook IELTS in Canada and got a 7 in writing. For an over-educated native English speaker, that's an absolute insult. But it didn't affect the CRS, so f-them.

Reactions: samikdg

spider87

Jun 17, 2018
How can we make sure that the uploaded version of pdf documents are viewable and not corrupted? I couldn't find a way to view uploaded documents.

fasu92

Sep 21, 2017
Applied for CELPIP Writing re-evaluation, mine bumped from 8 to 10. My scores previously were R12, L11, W8, S8 with CRS of 440, now my score is 451. Really hopeful for next draw!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
So, after all 9s two years ago in US, I retook IELTS in Canada and got a 7 in writing. For an over-educated native English speaker, that's an absolute insult. But it didn't affect the CRS, so f-them.
Where are you in the process? Almost everyone on here is a non-US citizen. Would you mind adding me or starting a DM with me (your privacy settings are locked down so I can't message you). It would be good to be able to talk with someone in a similar situation.

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
I submitted my application for EE yesterday. Joined the pool with CRS 469. Hoping to get ITA in next draw.

I'm in process of acquiring Reference letters from my previous and current employer. Is it ok to take Reference letter from current employer before ITA?

Can you please suggest any other processes before ITA like PCC etc.?

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
That would be a miracle
Agree!
As much as I want it to be today. It will most probably be on 12th or 14th, depending on the intake appetite of IRCC.
The number of invites sent this year already, is pretty close to their target mark for the year. But I'm being hopeful coz they did cross their targets last year by considerable margins, so expecting the same to happen this year well.
It is actually intriguing to see 3 draws in a month for the first time this year, the numbers really didn't show in that direction but still it happened. Which means we can expect more invites these two months than expected (Just a logical guess! :))

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
I submitted my application for EE yesterday. Joined the pool with CRS 469. Hoping to get ITA in next draw.

I'm in process of acquiring Reference letters from my previous and current employer. Is it ok to take Reference letter from current employer before ITA?

Can you please suggest any other processes before ITA like PCC etc.?
Except Medical exam, I guess you can start the process to get reference letters, PCC and proof of funds. As you are definitely going to get ITA this month based on your score

Reactions: shawn18

Kaya.94

Oct 26, 2018
Hello! :)

I just received my IELTS results and my CRS is updated to 441. What are the chances that the points will come back down in the upcoming draws?

Thanks a lot in advance and goodluck to ALL :)

Reactions: samikdg

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I'm afraid @vensak is mistaken.
No biometrics for you @USProgrammer if you apply before Decembrer 31st. If you apply on or after December 31st, you will give biometrics.
It's not based on PPR, as not even CIC knows when you'll get PPR. Cannot be based on that. It's based on AOR date.
It was indeed a confusion at the beginning with applications being on the fence when biometrics started on July 31st for some countries, but no June or July applicants from those countries have received Biometrics request. But those who applied on the 31st of July did receive one.
He is right