+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding filling work history in Express entry

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Hi Everyone.
I have 441 points as per the crs calculator, received my IELTS test score and awaiting my WES report due on 8th Nov for Bachelors degree. I have worked as a Sr Software Developer in my present company in Gurgaon since June 2013. I joined as intern and was given the position of Software Developer on Nov 2013.
Prior to that I worked with HCL ISD as a Trainee (Oct 2012 to June 2013) but that was as in the Tech support role(L0).

I think my job code will be 2174(Computer programmers and interactive media developers), since I work primarily as a software developer(java) in creating Ecommerce applications. Can some one help with clarifying the following doubts to fill up the Express entry form.

1. Date qualified to practice this occupation - it would be April 2012 as per the degree certificate on my B.E ECE degree?
2. Work history do I need to show the HCL work experience. It would be in some other job code (tech support role) and would need another detailed reference letter for my experience? Which would be difficult to obtain. I have joining and relieving letter from them.
3. My experience in current company. I started as an intern but was working 40 hours a week and was being paid for it. So should I show my work experience from June 2013 or Nov 2013 when I was given the Software Developer confirmation letter.?
4. Also do I need to show work history on the basis of Job titles i.e. Intern, Software Developer, Sr Software Developer within my current company?

Thanks for your patience if you have read my detailed questions. Hoping for some replies from previous applicants.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi Everyone.
I have 441 points as per the crs calculator, received my IELTS test score and awaiting my WES report due on 8th Nov for Bachelors degree. I have worked as a Sr Software Developer in my present company in Gurgaon since June 2013. I joined as intern and was given the position of Software Developer on Nov 2013.
Prior to that I worked with HCL ISD as a Trainee (Oct 2012 to June 2013) but that was as in the Tech support role(L0).

I think my job code will be 2174(Computer programmers and interactive media developers), since I work primarily as a software developer(java) in creating Ecommerce applications. Can some one help with clarifying the following doubts to fill up the Express entry form.

1. Date qualified to practice this occupation - it would be April 2012 as per the degree certificate on my B.E ECE degree? Not too sure about your particular profession, but i think this would be the date you obtained your degree.
2. Work history do I need to show the HCL work experience. It would be in some other job code (tech support role) and would need another detailed reference letter for my experience? Which would be difficult to obtain. I have joining and relieving letter from them. Your current job is enough for 3 years experience so no need to show this older job in work section, you can show it in the personal history section post ITA and thus no documents would be required for this job.
3. My experience in current company. I started as an intern but was working 40 hours a week and was being paid for it. So should I show my work experience from June 2013 or Nov 2013 when I was given the Software Developer confirmation letter.? Just my opinion, as long as you were getting paid and the internship wasn't a part of a degree program, you can show this experience as well.
4. Also do I need to show work history on the basis of Job titles i.e. Intern, Software Developer, Sr Software Developer within my current company? Sorry, not sure about this as i didn't come across a similar experience so far.

Thanks for your patience if you have read my detailed questions. Hoping for some replies from previous applicants.

Reactions: aspirant89

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Everyone.

1. Date qualified to practice this occupation - it would be April 2012 as per the degree certificate on my B.E ECE degree?
2. Work history do I need to show the HCL work experience. It would be in some other job code (tech support role) and would need another detailed reference letter for my experience? Which would be difficult to obtain. I have joining and relieving letter from them.
3. My experience in current company. I started as an intern but was working 40 hours a week and was being paid for it. So should I show my work experience from June 2013 or Nov 2013 when I was given the Software Developer confirmation letter.?
4. Also do I need to show work history on the basis of Job titles i.e. Intern, Software Developer, Sr Software Developer within my current company?

Job title does not matter only job duties matter. Duties must match the lead statement and substantial number of main duties mentioned in the selected NOC description. Answer to your queries -

1. Yes, graduation date
2. No you don't need HCl experience. You will only receive maximum 3 years experience points for CRS score calculation which you already have from your current position. However as part of the background history of last ten years, you must mention it in your personal history. You will understand what is personal history after your receive PPR and start filling out the application form. You will not be asked to upload any documents for personal history.
3. June 2013, paid interns counts as valid work experience. You can submit the confirmation letter and pay stubs as well along with the formal reference letter to establish your experience claim more firmly.
4. Again job title does not matter, your job duties matter. Do not manipulate any document or situation, write what is exactly you have now. If your employer agrees then request to add this sentence in your letter,

Mr./Ms XXXX has worked as "Intern" from June 2013 to Nov 2013, promoted as "Software Developer" from Nov 2013 and later promoted to "Sr. Software developer" position from Jan 2017.
He/She has been performing the following duties since Nov 2013-
--------------
--------------
--------------

For further documentation help, you can read my post here -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/document-require-to-submit.592463/#post-7339651

Good Luck!

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
I have one more query to add to this.My degree was Bachelor Of Engineering majoring in Electronics and Communication. In the EE Education history section in the Field Of study section what should I choose. I can see Computing/Information Technology, which does not apply to me. What about Sciences/General, or Others. Anybody who has was come across this dilemma and filled the form.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have one more query to add to this.My degree was Bachelor Of Engineering majoring in Electronics and Communication. In the EE Education history section in the Field Of study section what should I choose. I can see Computing/Information Technology, which does not apply to me. What about Sciences/General, or Others. Anybody who has was come across this dilemma and filled the form.
Science general is fine.

Sonangnon

Nov 4, 2018
Hi every body
l am mahougnon l study finance and accountancy and my dreamt has been to study and work in canada but my familly have not enough money for help me that l ho canada also l would like know if there are possibility to go and when l start to work l pay l debt!! Or find now coporate who could help to come and l will work for us