+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
I read somewhere that CIC is going to eliminate LMIA exempt option for Provincial Nominees... This is like a nightmare.

APNE

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Phil89 said:
I read somewhere that CIC is going to eliminate LMIA exempt option for Provincial Nominees... This is like a nightmare.
where did you read?can you share link pls

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
Phil89 said:
i hope not.Do u mind shring a link with us plz..

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
It was unofficial website, so hopefully it's not true. But it was saying that in 2014 CIC is negotiation with provincial governments to end the LMIA exemption for provincial nominees..

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
Phil89 said:
It was unofficial website, so hopefully it's not true. But it was saying that in 2014 CIC is negotiation with provincial governments to end the LMIA exemption for provincial nominees..
i dont think it true..who whould get nomination after this new LMIA rule who whould qualify. i dont think lots us here making $24 an hour. so no LMIA for any of us.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
da4u518 said:
i dont think it true..who whould get nomination after this new LMIA rule who whould qualify. i dont think lots us here making $24 an hour. so no LMIA for any of us.
I think everything is possible. Same when I was about to apply for CEC and they banned my occupation so..

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
Phil89 said:
I think everything is possible. Same when I was about to apply for CEC and they banned my occupation so..
well mate lets hope it wont happen.i feel ur pain since i m in same boat as you are.lets see wht happens. it has been a year just get nomination and most painfull thing is waiting which i dont think is going to end soon.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
da4u518 said:
well mate lets hope it wont happen.i feel ur pain since i m in same boat as you are.lets see wht happens. it has been a year just get nomination and most painfull thing is waiting which i dont think is going to end soon.
This is just horrible what they do to people...Pretty soon, no one will be able to apply for PR without LMIA.

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
Phil89 said:
This is just horrible what they do to people...Pretty soon, no one will be able to apply for PR without LMIA.

Provincial Nominees

Individuals holding a certificate of nomination or selection (in the case of Quebec) who have a job offer in the province where they were nominated/selected do not require a labor market opinion. The Canadian federal government is re-negotiating LMO/LMIA exemptions with the provinces and territories during 2014, so provincial nominees may be subject to LMIAs in the future.

we can't even get nominee...packed bag ..go home ..~~

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
pnp525 said:
Provincial Nominees

Individuals holding a certificate of nomination or selection (in the case of Quebec) who have a job offer in the province where they were nominated/selected do not require a labor market opinion. The Canadian federal government is re-negotiating LMO/LMIA exemptions with the provinces and territories during 2014, so provincial nominees may be subject to LMIAs in the future.

we can't even get nominee...packed bag ..go home ..~~
please share the link with us.
thanks

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
pnp525 said:
google: end the LMIA exemption for provincial nominees

first one: https://www.canadianimmigration.net/work/lmia-exemptions/
thanks for shring a link.
when they say provincial nominees may be subject to LMIAs in the future does that mean even if u r on PGWP u still need LMIA in order get nomination or u have to obtain LMIA after getting nomination in order to apply for PR??

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
pnp525 said:
google: end the LMIA exemption for provincial nominees

first one: https://www.canadianimmigration.net/work/lmia-exemptions/
Well if you google other provincial nominee programs, you will see that in order to be able to apply, you must have LMIA. I think the only provinces that don't have this yet are BC, Alberta, Newfoundland. Same for EE - when they say that people who have a job offer they mean - job offer plus approved LMIA.So things are getting really tough...

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
da4u518 said:
thanks for shring a link.
when they say provincial nominees may be subject to LMIAs in the future does that mean even if u r on PGWP u still need LMIA in order get nomination or u have to obtain LMIA after getting nomination in order to apply for PR??
This I am not sure. I think they are not that stupid to make students get LMIA on PGWP...But you never know..