+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I read somewhere that they are not prioritizing outlands much because the job market is very bad at the moment. Bringing in new people might result in the government having to support those people financially if they cannot find a descent job soon. Despite being in MTL, it has been very hard for me to find a job. Many companies were not hiring me because I didn't have my PR and they didn't want to get into the trouble of helping me get a work permit. Finally, I have my PR, so I hope I can land a job soon. Covid-19 has messed up many industries.
I'm happy for you! Good luck in your job search!

I believe your Copr is 20121, non?

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I just got my MR! Does anyone in Montreal know of a good place to do this? Also, do i need to use a passport or can I use my RAMQ/driver's license. Currently my passport is at my country's consulate for renewal.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
guys, please help

what steps they will go through in a medical examination, and

what situation could cause the refusal of an application??? diabetes? gout problems?? or high blood pressure?

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I read somewhere that they are not prioritizing outlands much because the job market is very bad at the moment. Bringing in new people might result in the government having to support those people financially if they cannot find a descent job soon. Despite being in MTL, it has been very hard for me to find a job. Many companies were not hiring me because I didn't have my PR and they didn't want to get into the trouble of helping me get a work permit. Finally, I have my PR, so I hope I can land a job soon. Covid-19 has messed up many industries.
You must be relieved. I wish you the best luck in your job searches. Congrats again!

Actually the main delaying reason for outlands is the travel limitations.

On IRCC website they clearly mention that they prioritize the applicants who are exempt from travel restrictions.

I hope the restrictions will be lifted soon and outlands who are well over 25+ months can start to see some progress. Otherwise the extension of the duration of average processing time is inevitable.

Italy

May 23, 2020
guys, please help

what steps they will go through in a medical examination, and

what situation could cause the refusal of an application??? diabetes? gout problems?? or high blood pressure?
I honestly don't know. I heard cancer, disability, mental health as possibe refusal reasons, but it's nothing official.

Reactions: Leokun

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I honestly don't know. I heard cancer, disability, mental health as possibe refusal reasons, but it's nothing official.
It's about the cost of the treatment, if your medical bill is going to be high or you have a contagious disease or you wouldn't be able to work, that is a problem.

yalla

Mar 9, 2021
Hi all, noob question: I have been in Canada (Quebec) for 1.5 years and I just got my CSQ.
I'm not clear if I have to wait to have been here for 730 days (2 full years) *before* I can send out the PR application to IRCC or if I can send it straightaway?
Thanks!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi all, noob question: I have been in Canada (Quebec) for 1.5 years and I just got my CSQ.
I'm not clear if I have to wait to have been here for 730 days (2 full years) *before* I can send out the PR application to IRCC or if I can send it straightaway?
Thanks!
I never heard of 2 years rule. Since you have CSQ you can apply right away.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks!
You will have to wait for more than 2 years after application though :)

Reactions: yalla

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
I think he confuses with applying for citizenship
He will have to wait for 2 years after beeing a permanent resident.

Reactions: yalla

yalla

Mar 9, 2021
Hey, yeah, I read on the IRCC website that you have to be in Canada for 730 days "to maintain permanent residency status". It was on the page related to applying for a PR *card*, which I thought was the same thing as applying for permanent residency but it's not (I am fairly clueless, sorry).
Thank you all for the replies! Much appreciated :)

Last edited:

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am adding my spouse to my permanent residency application as a non accompanying member. I see a box which asks for reason why the spouse is not accompanying. Can I just say that the processing time would be less this way as it’s already been a year since I sent my documents? Or would I need to provide a more solid reason? Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance!