+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
Difficult question to answer because the agents have a different approach. Most of them send medicals and after that within a few months the security start. Sometimes they wait for the security to pass and then send MR, shortly after that is DM. Unfortunately, the situation lately is unpredictable because of the huge back logs and delayed processing times.
thank you. just can't believe that some 2018 applicants are still waiting for their final decisions

condor3

Dec 24, 2019
thank you for your reply and information

how long do you think you will know the final decision after your medical passed? days or months?
Hard to say for outlands, but if you are an inland ircc will try to respect the current delay of 27 months since application.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Finally, at least they did something about this. To be honest I expected something like faster processing

Reactions: condor3

mdehghani

Mar 11, 2021
Hi every body,
If you already applied for PR in Quebec or have plan to do it, you heard that timeline for processing application in federal stage has became so long, it will take 27 Months to process your application after you receive your CSQ. This happened only for application in Quebec, while we already have CSQ and approved by quebec to stay in Quebec. We should do something until IRRC hear our voice. Few of us have started to tweet this matter, please join us. You can retweet my tweet or write your own tweet. Here is my tweet:

Reactions: thega and mtlog

mdehghani

Mar 11, 2021
Reactions: dearmilkyway

ga07

Jan 13, 2020
Hi,

I sent my CSQ 1 month ago to add my common-law partner, do you know how long it takes to get the new one?

Thanks

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hi every body,
If you already applied for PR in Quebec or have plan to do it, you heard that timeline for processing application in federal stage has became so long, it will take 27 Months to process your application after you receive your CSQ. This happened only for application in Quebec, while we already have CSQ and approved by quebec to stay in Quebec. We should do something until IRRC hear our voice. Few of us have started to tweet this matter, please join us. You can retweet my tweet or write your own tweet. Here is my tweet:

Remember this "This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete. " Last year, they stopped for around 6-7 months due to the Covid, but after the end of September, they started to work again. If they still have applications since late 2018 you will see most of them in 27 months, but you can see now so many people getting their approvals in around 20-22 months, so don't worry about what do you see for processing time.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Remember this "This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete. " Last year, they stopped for around 6-7 months due to the Covid, but after the end of September, they started to work again. If they still have applications since late 2018 you will see most of them in 27 months, but you can see now so many people getting their approvals in around 20-22 months, so don't worry about what do you see for processing time.
So, you find that is normal to wait 27 months while other provinces process PR applications without COVID interruption.

When I applied, the processing time was 17 months. Now I am in my 27th month and I could not even get my MR.

There is definitely something going wrong with Quebec applications.

COVID is there for everybody, for every state, every country and every applicant. But somehow only Quebec applicants are affected from these delays. It does not sound normal to me.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
The problem is that they do not process the complete applications. But now they address to facilitative measures for incomplete application ?1!
And a person who has CSQ is already approved by Quebec. CSQ is like a ticket which you also wait for years.

Quebec does its own checks, criminality, eligibility, language etc. and PR process still takes 27 months in Federal phase.

Totally ridiculous.

mdehghani

Mar 11, 2021
The time line of 27 is what has been shown in our application and we can not say our application is late until 27 months pass. So the 20-22 months does not have meaning for our application yet.
The question is that if there is COVID problem, it has been over all Canada not only Quebec. Then why Quebec application has such big delay due to COVID for last 12 months and not other provinces?!! An example is application for group of provincial nominee in economic immigration , if you choose you have not applied the processing time is 15-19 and if you choose you have applied it is 21 months. So there is only 2 months difference from what they expect and what they have in the last 12 months.

Reactions: aalappatel

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
The time line of 27 is what has been shown in our application and we can not say our application is late until 27 months pass. So the 20-22 months does not have meaning for our application yet.
The question is that if there is COVID problem, it has been over all Canada not only Quebec. Then why Quebec application has such big delay due to COVID for last 12 months and not other provinces?!! An example is application for group of provincial nominee in economic immigration , if you choose you have not applied the processing time is 15-19 and if you choose you have applied it is 21 months. So there is only 2 months difference from what they expect and what they have in the last 12 months.
We have seen many applications being approved in 2 months after medicals passed (provided those applicants are from 2018 and few from early 2019).

It clears shows that time taken for processing is only 5-6 months. They just wait at each stage to go with the quota Quebec province set for intake.

I believe time taken to process QSWP applications are less than that of EE applications. IRCC intentionally delays (ofcourse to respect Quebec intake quotas).

So unless there is a mutual consent from both Federal and Quebec politicians the policy change of Quebec quota will not see any light.

Public outcry is only being ignored though from media or social media as they VERY WELL KNOW THE ISSUE WITH DELAYS because it was anticipated when the policies were made (except Covid19 delays)

Reactions: aalappatel and aeya

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi all, last night I got a ghost update, and then my profile changed to « we are reviewing your medical exam results » from « you don’t need a medical exam ».
but I never got an invitation for medical exam. Anyone knows what this means?
App: Aug 8, 2019
AOR: February 17, 2021
Is this your temporary file number (AOR) or permanent file number (AOR)?