+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Congratulations!

Our timelines are exactly the same.

Your application received is on January 7, 2019 -> Mine is on January 8, 2019.

You got your pre-arrival letter on March 3, 2020 -> Mine was on March 4, 2020.

But you are inland and I am outland. I am not hopeful like you at all. Wish you the best! and a quick PR.
Congratulations!
Guys, could you add your timelines in your signature.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hello,
I got a confirmation email saying they received my PR application around March, 2020 (last year). Is it normal that it still hasn’t been processed? I haven’t heard anything from them and I assume it’s because of the pandemic but it worries me still. Thank you for helping!
It's definitely AOR. But I want to know is it a temporary application number (AOR) or Permanent Application Number (AOR)?
In my case, they have issued me a temporary file number (XEO number).

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Remember this "This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete. " Last year, they stopped for around 6-7 months due to the Covid, but after the end of September, they started to work again. If they still have applications since late 2018 you will see most of them in 27 months, but you can see now so many people getting their approvals in around 20-22 months, so don't worry about what do you see for processing time.
Have you got temporary XEP file number or permanent file number in your AOR?

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
The time line of 27 is what has been shown in our application and we can not say our application is late until 27 months pass. So the 20-22 months does not have meaning for our application yet.
The question is that if there is COVID problem, it has been over all Canada not only Quebec. Then why Quebec application has such big delay due to COVID for last 12 months and not other provinces?!! An example is application for group of provincial nominee in economic immigration , if you choose you have not applied the processing time is 15-19 and if you choose you have applied it is 21 months. So there is only 2 months difference from what they expect and what they have in the last 12 months.
Please remember that QSWP is paper base. If you read the other forums you will see that EE also was experience delays in 2020 due to the covid. If you want to be stress with the average 27 months is up to you, but you will see the RP in less than that.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
So, you find that is normal to wait 27 months while other provinces process PR applications without COVID interruption.

When I applied, the processing time was 17 months. Now I am in my 27th month and I could not even get my MR.

There is definitely something going wrong with Quebec applications.

COVID is there for everybody, for every state, every country and every applicant. But somehow only Quebec applicants are affected from these delays. It does not sound normal to me.
I never said 27 months are okay. What I did tell you is that this is only an average of the last 12 months, according to what immigration Canada says on its website. As I follow several groups and forums I have noticed that many people in 2019 are receiving residency in less than 24 months. If you look for the processing times of NB and PE, you will realize that it is not only Quebec that is taking longer and that they are all applications on paper.

I wish they could process our applications in 6 months for the happiness of all, but that is a dream.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I never said 27 months are okay. What I did tell you is that this is only an average of the last 12 months, according to what immigration Canada says on its website. As I follow several groups and forums I have noticed that many people in 2019 are receiving residency in less than 24 months. If you look for the processing times of NB and PE, you will realize that it is not only Quebec that is taking longer and that they are all applications on paper.

I wish they could process our applications in 6 months for the happiness of all, but that is a dream.

It is the average processing times of "most" complete applications in the past 12 months.
"Most" means %80 of the applicants.
The remaining %20 of the cases are generally called "complex" cases and they are expected to take more than 27 months.

So yes, some lucky applicants who are in this group of %80, may get their MRs 3-4 months earlier.
But the AVERAGE processing time is still 27 months.

Besides, after AoR, it does not matter whether your application is online or paper.
Because all paper files were scanned and entered to IRCC system at the time when they issue AoR.

Also for Quebec cases,
  • IRCC does not need to validate applicants educational certificates such as degrees, diplomas etc.
  • IRCC does not need to check language proficiency and scores of particular language examinations.
and many other extra checks no need to be done.

While they also have to do these above checks for other residency streams they take shorter than Quebec.

Anyways, when I check the provincial processing times and compare it with Quebec, I see that there is still huge 6 months of difference.

Provincial Nominees
Online via Express Entry
6 months

Provincial Nominees
21 months

Skilled workers (Quebec)
27 months

Reactions: condor3

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
It is the average processing times of "most" complete applications in the past 12 months.
The remaining %20 of the cases are generally called "complex" cases and they are expected to take more than 27 months.

So yes, some lucky applicants who are in this group of %80, may get their MRs 3-4 months earlier.
But the AVERAGE processing time is still 27 months.

Besides, after AoR, it does not matter whether your application is online or paper.
Because all paper files were scanned and entered to IRCC system at the time when they issue AoR.

Also for Quebec cases,
  • IRCC does not need to validate applicants educational certificates such as degrees, diplomas etc.
  • IRCC does not need to check language proficiency and scores of particular language examinations.
and many other extra checks no need to be done.

While they also have to do these above checks for other residency streams they take shorter than Quebec.

Anyways, when I check the provincial processing times and compare it with Quebec, I see that there is still huge 6 months of difference.

Provincial Nominees
Online via Express Entry
6 months

Provincial Nominees
21 months

Skilled workers (Quebec)
27 months
From where you get the info of
The remaining %20 of the cases are generally called "complex" cases????

thega

Mar 12, 2021
We got some good news yesterday that they will not return incomplete applications. Lets hope that the second news is that they will reduce the processing time now. Keep it at 15-17 months. Perhaps make it less. :)

Reactions: AlaAlrashaeideh

Italy

May 23, 2020
What I really hope as news is that the time we are spending waiting for the PR will count towards the citizenship, like if we were permanent residents already. I know I am a dreamer.

Last edited:

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
hi guys,

just to give some hope to our long long journey, on march10 2021, i got update from my lawyer that i am ready to ppr-as outland applicant...
The ircc-montreal office emailed me if i am physically in canada or not in February, and i said i am in mainland china, then the passport should be send to a vfsglobal address, follow the instruction on the PDF.

I had updated my signature as well.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
We got some good news yesterday that they will not return incomplete applications. Lets hope that the second news is that they will reduce the processing time now. Keep it at 15-17 months. Perhaps make it less. :)
Not possible. It will stay at 27 or reduce to 24 may be at best.