+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

MM30

Apr 13, 2020
Hello. We are applicants of Sept 2018. I was on the phone with an agent just now and they said they have no clue when we should be expecting the decision. To give you some background info. My husband submitted his PR application in Sept 2018. We got married in Oct 2019. He passed his medical in Dec 2019. He added me to his file as accompanying in April 2020 (when we received my CSQ). I did medical upfront in April 2020 too. In May 2020 they requested police certificate from Canada for me, which I sent right away. No news since then. The agent on the phone today said that the application is complete for my husband and they are only waiting for my checks. She also said that the background check for me started in May 2020 and she didn't know at what stage it is right now. Any ideas when we should be expecting to receive the PR? We have no health insurance for the moment without the PR (I am on study permit and he is on open work permit based on my status) and it's getting quite stressful. Anyone in similar situation?

CrystalSkies

Oct 8, 2020
Hello. We are applicants of Sept 2018. I was on the phone with an agent just now and they said they have no clue when we should be expecting the decision. To give you some background info. My husband submitted his PR application in Sept 2018. We got married in Oct 2019. He passed his medical in Dec 2019. He added me to his file as accompanying in April 2020 (when we received my CSQ). I did medical upfront in April 2020 too. In May 2020 they requested police certificate from Canada for me, which I sent right away. No news since then. The agent on the phone today said that the application is complete for my husband and they are only waiting for my checks. She also said that the background check for me started in May 2020 and she didn't know at what stage it is right now. Any ideas when we should be expecting to receive the PR? We have no health insurance for the moment without the PR (I am on study permit and he is on open work permit based on my status) and it's getting quite stressful. Anyone in similar situation?
I applied in Aug. 2018, and just got my COPR last month, so it took ~25 months for my case. I was the only applicant tho, it might be different for your case.

Reactions: MM30 and MS2017

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/arrima/criteria.html#september242020

More CSQs will be issued but not PRs? wonderful logic! This govt is just doing the same like the last one :D
Number of CSQs issued for qualified skilled work was never a problem (It is always a small numbers) , they are issuing more thousands for PEQ and this is the real problem
Below is publication that announced yesterday by MIFI for the numbers of CSQ for both programs
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/19675.pdf

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Number of CSQs issued for qualified skilled work was never a problem (It is always a small numbers) , they are issuing more thousands for PEQ and this is the real problem
Below is publication that announced yesterday by MIFI for the numbers of CSQ for both programs
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/19675.pdf
Agree but most of applicants in QSWP are Peq-inland only (students+workers). Problem is 2019 quota full and current CAQ Government not releasing quota for 2020-21.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi, when I was under a study permit, my husband had an open work permit based on my status and was eligible for health care RAMQ) so you might want to call RAMQ to ask. When you first request it, it takes some months since I believe there is a waiting period so you guys might get a response for you PR sooner than that.

We applied for PR in July 2018 so we are already in our 27th month. We did medicals in November 2019, and our file has been in the criminal review as of August 2020 and still is -spoke to an agent a couple of days ago and he confirmed this. He said we are “almost there” since we are only missing the security screening.

He said before covid this stage would take 1-2 months, but at this point they do not have any idea so he asked us to call back by the end of December if we did not have a decision by then -hopefully we will!

Good luck with your process and hope you will get a decision soon!

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I would share a very fast case. It is a case from another group I followed.

AOR: July 2019
Medical request received: August 2020
PPR received: YESTERDAY!!

Inland applicant. Everything just like magic!
Hello!
Thank you for your update. May I ask, did you know if he submitted his file through a lawyer’s office?
Or does anyone know if thats has had any incidence on length of processing in the past?
Thank you!

Last edited:

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
I am wondering if the quota in 2020 didn't use up - will those quotas be given to 2021? or if it's gone? Seems like PR have been progressing, but I am sceptical if IRCC can finish their work by using all quota before Christmas...

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I am wondering if the quota in 2020 didn't use up - will those quotas be given to 2021? or if it's gone? Seems like PR have been progressing, but I am sceptical if IRCC can finish their work by using all quota before Christmas...
Ideally speaking it should roll-up to 21 as otherwise the pile up starting July 2019 would pushup the timelines beyond 36 months.

Kassi

Mar 4, 2019
Just today, I completed my 21th month and they extended average processing time 3 more months.
When I first applied it was 17 months.
That’s a shame.
I still don’t have change I n the processing time, almost 22 months completed and 17 days left. However, I don’t have medical request, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: dearmilkyway

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
It also says 27 days remaining time in my IRCC account. But they increased average processing time on their website to 25 months. I don’t know why it was not reflected to our accounts. But I literally have no hope.
9-10 months ago, there was an applicant from Philippines in this forum and he was extremely upset because he got DM in his 18th month. Comparing to those times we are now absolutely in a tragedy.

Reactions: Kassi

Kassi

Mar 4, 2019
It also says 27 days remaining time in my IRCC account. But they increased average processing time on their website to 25 months. I don’t know why it was not reflected to our accounts. But I literally have no hope.
9-10 months ago, there was an applicant from Philippines in this forum and he was extremely upset because he got DM in his 18th month. Comparing to those times we are now absolutely in a tragedy.
Yes, I am in the same situation... I am tired from waiting

Reactions: dearmilkyway