+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031
Below is what I see in the form....
6)
a)Have you received your Certificate de Selection du Quebec(CSQ)? Yes/No
b)if yes, please indicate the number
c)ifno, when did you apply for your CSQ?

So we can submit the application to IRCC by providing the CSQ application date. Please correct me if required.
If applying through QSWP then you need CSQ first. See below:

Who may use this application?
Applications for Permanent Residence under the Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers category can only be submitted by people who have already been selected by the province of Quebec.
This guide includes all the instructions you will need to complete your application for permanent residence with a selection certificate (CSQ) from the province of Quebec.
  • If you have already been selected by Quebec and obtained a CSQ, you may continue to use this guide and send us your application.
  • If you have not been selected and do not have a CSQ but would like to apply in this category, you must apply to Quebec for a CSQ first.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html

It looks like you can submit PR application without CSQ if applying as Protected Person.

Reactions: rutils

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
If applying through QSWP then you need CSQ first. See below:

Who may use this application?
Applications for Permanent Residence under the Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers category can only be submitted by people who have already been selected by the province of Quebec.
This guide includes all the instructions you will need to complete your application for permanent residence with a selection certificate (CSQ) from the province of Quebec.
  • If you have already been selected by Quebec and obtained a CSQ, you may continue to use this guide and send us your application.
  • If you have not been selected and do not have a CSQ but would like to apply in this category, you must apply to Quebec for a CSQ first.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html

It looks like you can submit PR application without CSQ if applying as Protected Person.
Thanks

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
My understanding is that you have to wait to have the CSQ. The main form will ask for your CSQ number. It's a bit confusing, though, because that form asks "Have you received your CSQ"? And gives the option to answer "NO" and then "If not, when did you apply?"

Others who know for sure can probably elaborate.

MIDI has following: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/humanitarian-immigration/refugee-recognized/permanent-residence.html#:~:text=You do not have to,Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

But it looks like that is only for refugee applications. Not sure.
Thanks

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
Hello everyone, its Nikhil56 (previously known as). I have requested for access to information to CIC almost an year back and because it was a huge request, CIC took an year to give it to me. I asked about email exchanges, communications between MIDI and CIC about Quebec Canada Accord which they politely made excuses to give quoting they have to get permission from privy council, it will take years etc..so those details I didnt get. But I got hell lot of other information.

If there is anyone who is analytical and data minded, please go thru these PDFs ( 141 pages).
My PR journey had no pattern, applied in January 2019(inland) and got automatic landing COPR by email in July 2020 (18 months). My timelines are under nikhil56 in https://imtrackdb.firebaseapp.com

Here is the PDF link to the access to information:

https://gofile.io/d/8HliJR
The data from page 50-60 seems intriguing...

MM30

Apr 13, 2020
I was told I couldn’t get RAMQ using my pgwp because I had less than 6 months left on it on the phone. I gave up after that.
I called months later and I was told that wasn’t true...I went to the RAMQ office to apply there and got it (with the required 3 months processing time) without a question. Don’t trust retarded people on the phone as they don’t know the rules themselves. Read the website and when you apply, use the website’s rules as the law and support. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply! In fact it wasn't over the phone. They sent us home the decision letter noting the 6 months as the reason for rejection. Do you think we should still call and try to get it? On the phone they said we were eligible to get it and on paper they rejected it. You can't go there anymore. They ask you to send your papers by mail and you receive the decision by mail too.

MM30

Apr 13, 2020
Yes, @lost_soul is right, look for the information in their website when applying. I was lucky to speak with people who had the correct information when contacting them by phone but that is not always the case. It is always a good idea to go directly to their offices.
I called and you can't drop by anymore. You have to send your requests my mail and you receive the answer by mail too. We received the rejection by mail. On the phone they told us that we were eligible and sent us personalized forms to apply. But on paper they rejected us. We called again and they said that we should be eligible. Do you think we should try again? I fear we are just going to waste our time since there is already a negative decision on paper.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Below is what I see in the form....
6)
a)Have you received your Certificate de Selection du Quebec(CSQ)? Yes/No
b)if yes, please indicate the number
c)ifno, when did you apply for your CSQ?

So we can submit the application to IRCC by providing the CSQ application date. Please correct me if required.
Only refugees can apply for PR without CSQ in hand. Redtape is only for applicants who follow all immigration rules.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I called and you can't drop by anymore. You have to send your requests my mail and you receive the answer by mail too. We received the rejection by mail. On the phone they told us that we were eligible and sent us personalized forms to apply. But on paper they rejected us. We called again and they said that we should be eligible. Do you think we should try again? I fear we are just going to waste our time since there is already a negative decision on paper.
I would call them to explain the situation since there is clearly a mistake on one end.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
How long does it usually take for CIC to update AOR from the date they received the consigment at their intake-office in Sydney, NS? How long do we need to wait to get the application linked to an online account?

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
More than a year...

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Can you please share the link on their website where it says that they increased the processing time to 25 months
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Select application type: Economic Immigration
Which economic class application?: Skilled Workers (Quebec)
Have you already applied?: I already applied

Gives you the below;

Skilled workers (Quebec)
I already applied
25 months

Last update: October 7, 2020 Updated weekly

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Select application type: Economic Immigration
Which economic class application?: Skilled Workers (Quebec)
Have you already applied?: I already applied

Gives you the below;

Skilled workers (Quebec)
I already applied
25 months

Last update: October 7, 2020 Updated weekly
Well despite the sad fact that they are adding more waiting time to QSW applications, however i still look at it positively since they are updating the timeline and working on giving us a sign to wait and be steady! hope it happens soon :)

Reactions: IJH

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys I have 2 questions! Anyone can help?
1. R we so able to do medical upfront in mtl?
If we do, can anyone lists the clinic where we can do it upfront?
2. Sending GCMS notes is worth it ?