+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

MM30

Apr 13, 2020
Hi, when I was under a study permit, my husband had an open work permit based on my status and was eligible for health care RAMQ) so you might want to call RAMQ to ask. When you first request it, it takes some months since I believe there is a waiting period so you guys might get a response for you PR sooner than that.

We applied for PR in July 2018 so we are already in our 27th month. We did medicals in November 2019, and our file has been in the criminal review as of August 2020 and still is -spoke to an agent a couple of days ago and he confirmed this. He said we are “almost there” since we are only missing the security screening.

He said before covid this stage would take 1-2 months, but at this point they do not have any idea so he asked us to call back by the end of December if we did not have a decision by then -hopefully we will!

Good luck with your process and hope you will get a decision soon!

July 2018!! I hope this is over for both of us soon.. How did your husband get the RAMQ on an open work permit? Mine applied and they rejected him. He even applied for another procedure they have introduced now based on which you can get RAMQ if you had it in the past and now you don't because you are on an open work permit. You only need to have a job offer for at least 6 months and to have exceeded your 100% estimated processing timeline for your PR application. He didn't get this either although he had a job offer for 6 months (extension of his postdoc at McGill). His closed work permit ended in June and he has an open work permit since July. He applied for RAMQ in September (when an agent on the phone informed him about the new RAMQ possibility). He was rejected and the excuse was that at the moment when he applied he didn't have at least 6 months of job left..... But the new procedure only requires 6 months starting from the end of your old closed work permit.... There is no logic really. They do as they please each time. Imagine that they asked him for an extra supporting document referring to his job as "full-time occupation" instead of placement (in French) that was initially mentioned on his job offer because they didn't know how to categorize "placement." He actually got and sent them the new doc with the required wording and one week later he received a nice rejection saying your job ends in 3 months, hence you don't qualify.

Any ways. My file is still at the background check. If criminal and security are separate checks then I see it going for March...

mumen700

Jan 10, 2020
It also says 27 days remaining time in my IRCC account. But they increased average processing time on their website to 25 months. I don’t know why it was not reflected to our accounts. But I literally have no hope.
9-10 months ago, there was an applicant from Philippines in this forum and he was extremely upset because he got DM in his 18th month. Comparing to those times we are now absolutely in a tragedy.
Can you please share the link on their website where it says that they increased the processing time to 25 months

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
Ideally speaking it should roll-up to 21 as otherwise the pile up starting July 2019 would pushup the timelines beyond 36 months.
Ideally, but not sure what's going on exactly. But it seems they have been giving it PR out quite a bit lately.... Not sure how much PR they have given so far this year.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I applied in Aug. 2018, and just got my COPR last month, so it took ~25 months for my case. I was the only applicant tho, it might be different for your case.
When did you receive your AOR? My application was received by IRCC July 2018 and my AOR was received by me on September 2018. Just checking whether IRCC counts from application receivable date or AOR date. No sign of COPR as of this date. Thanks.

CrystalSkies

Oct 8, 2020
When did you receive your AOR? My application was received by IRCC July 2018 and my AOR was received by me on September 2018. Just checking whether IRCC counts from application receivable date or AOR date. No sign of COPR as of this date. Thanks.
I think my AOR was Oct. 2018, since that what it said under "Date submitted", my application was received in Aug. 2018. I wish you the best.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone, its Nikhil56 (previously known as). I have requested for access to information to CIC almost an year back and because it was a huge request, CIC took an year to give it to me. I asked about email exchanges, communications between MIDI and CIC about Quebec Canada Accord which they politely made excuses to give quoting they have to get permission from privy council, it will take years etc..so those details I didnt get. But I got hell lot of other information.

If there is anyone who is analytical and data minded, please go thru these PDFs ( 141 pages).
My PR journey had no pattern, applied in January 2019(inland) and got automatic landing COPR by email in July 2020 (18 months). My timelines are under nikhil56 in https://imtrackdb.firebaseapp.com

Here is the PDF link to the access to information:

https://gofile.io/d/8HliJR

Reactions: Italy

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
I am curios if we can do anything like writing to ministry to speed up the process from 25 months. While express entry takes only six months from the start of the application, Quebec path almost takes 3-4 years.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
July 2018!! I hope this is over for both of us soon.. How did your husband get the RAMQ on an open work permit? Mine applied and they rejected him. He even applied for another procedure they have introduced now based on which you can get RAMQ if you had it in the past and now you don't because you are on an open work permit. You only need to have a job offer for at least 6 months and to have exceeded your 100% estimated processing timeline for your PR application. He didn't get this either although he had a job offer for 6 months (extension of his postdoc at McGill). His closed work permit ended in June and he has an open work permit since July. He applied for RAMQ in September (when an agent on the phone informed him about the new RAMQ possibility). He was rejected and the excuse was that at the moment when he applied he didn't have at least 6 months of job left..... But the new procedure only requires 6 months starting from the end of your old closed work permit.... There is no logic really. They do as they please each time. Imagine that they asked him for an extra supporting document referring to his job as "full-time occupation" instead of placement (in French) that was initially mentioned on his job offer because they didn't know how to categorize "placement." He actually got and sent them the new doc with the required wording and one week later he received a nice rejection saying your job ends in 3 months, hence you don't qualify.

Any ways. My file is still at the background check. If criminal and security are separate checks then I see it going for March...
I was told I couldn’t get RAMQ using my pgwp because I had less than 6 months left on it on the phone. I gave up after that.
I called months later and I was told that wasn’t true...I went to the RAMQ office to apply there and got it (with the required 3 months processing time) without a question. Don’t trust retarded people on the phone as they don’t know the rules themselves. Read the website and when you apply, use the website’s rules as the law and support. Good luck.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I was told I couldn’t get RAMQ using my pgwp because I had less than 6 months left on it on the phone. I gave up after that.
I called months later and I was told that wasn’t true...I went to the RAMQ office to apply there and got it (with the required 3 months processing time) without a question. Don’t trust retarded people on the phone as they don’t know the rules themselves. Read the website and when you apply, use the website’s rules as the law and support. Good luck.
Yes, @lost_soul is right, look for the information in their website when applying. I was lucky to speak with people who had the correct information when contacting them by phone but that is not always the case. It is always a good idea to go directly to their offices.

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
Can aspirants submit paper application to IRCC just after submitting CSQ application to MIFI? Does applicants need to wait until CSQ approval? or they can file the documents before the CSQ approval?

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031
Can aspirants submit paper application to IRCC just after submitting CSQ application to MIFI? Does applicants need to wait until CSQ approval? or they can file the documents before the CSQ approval?

My understanding is that you have to wait to have the CSQ. The main form will ask for your CSQ number. It's a bit confusing, though, because that form asks "Have you received your CSQ"? And gives the option to answer "NO" and then "If not, when did you apply?"

Others who know for sure can probably elaborate.

MIDI has following: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/humanitarian-immigration/refugee-recognized/permanent-residence.html#:~:text=You do not have to,Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

But it looks like that is only for refugee applications. Not sure.

Reactions: rutils

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
Below is what I see in the form....
6)
a)Have you received your Certificate de Selection du Quebec(CSQ)? Yes/No
b)if yes, please indicate the number
c)ifno, when did you apply for your CSQ?

So we can submit the application to IRCC by providing the CSQ application date. Please correct me if required.