+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
All the 2019 Applicants (in general) are waiting for Medicals and based on the discussion here some of 2018 applicants are also waiting(Medical/DM/COPR).

So only waiting can be done in this situation for 2019 Applicants.

I am in the same boat, completed 23-Months and no news so far except pre-arrival in mar-2020.

Let`s hope for the best ……
Exact same situation

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Wow really .. it is ridiculous seriously. I dont understand what immigration officers doing and why they r not working with 100 capacity.
No idea whats happening around, will be almost a year in december for my file and i have not recvd AOR yet so i can only assume that its so slow, its a disgrace

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Just today, I completed my 21th month and they extended average processing time 3 more months.
When I first applied it was 17 months.
That’s a shame.

Reactions: MS2017

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I think we are getting closer to a reform, the system can't continue like this. Soon the processing time will be 3 years. They are issuing CSQ in less than year now. So imagine how big is going to be the backlog. Now the biggest question is how we are going to be affected. I don't trust them...

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Yes, he is inland.
I am not sure - if he is inland, he would not have needed to submit biometrics last year. I applied around the same time (June 2019) and received AOR in August 2019. I paid the biometrics fee upfront but that portion got refunded to me in a cheque from the government, because back then (last year), inland applicants can be exempted from giving biometrics. Maybe he is in Canada now but when he applied he was outside of the country.

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,
My lawyer told me not to upload my address since mailing address is under my lawyer’s address( lawyer told me that changing address might delay my case) (there r two addresses on ECAS if u know what i mean). But i heard it is good to update my address to make it popped up for immigration officers and heard some ppl got medical after updating the address not mailing address.

Last edited:

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
I am not sure - if he is inland, he would not have needed to submit biometrics last year. I applied around the same time (June 2019) and received AOR in August 2019. I paid the biometrics fee upfront but that portion got refunded to me in a cheque from the government, because back then (last year), inland applicants can be exempted from giving biometrics. Maybe he is in Canada now but when he applied he was outside of the country.
Why would this person lie about where they are applying from? Each case is different. I have been living in Canada for almost 4 years and when I applied for my study permit, my wife's work permit and my children's permits, they did not ask us to do medical exams. Everyone I met who was in the same process was required. The same happened with biometrics, this year we did them for the first time, they had never required it.

lydiattt

Oct 10, 2018
Why would this person lie about where they are applying from? Each case is different. I have been living in Canada for almost 4 years and when I applied for my study permit, my wife's work permit and my children's permits, they did not ask us to do medical exams. Everyone I met who was in the same process was required. The same happened with biometrics, this year we did them for the first time, they had never required it.
I didn't say they lied but just said there might be some miscommunication. I am not sure about your case regarding the medical exam 4 years ago, but as you said, they started implementing biometrics to inland applicants this year (or from end of last year) only. Me and another 4 friends I know, who applied in early-mid 2019 were not required to give biometrics.

I of course believe his case is true and he has my congrats.

Reactions: aeya

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia