+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hi to all
I have a question.
I observed Sydney Office is not issuing any AOR since mid of July Last year (15 months), why?
Process time is 22 month. 15 months already passed for many applicant without file number? Is it true?
Yes.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Hi
Could you plz update your time line for federal stage.
I think our time lines are very close because i applied in late August this year. Have you received AOR?
Of course not unfortunately...

betse9

Nov 25, 2015
Hello. I applied inland for permanent residence. Here's my timeline;
date received: early June 2018
criminal: December 2020 (background check is still 'being processed')
medical: January 2020
estimated completion: start of April 2020
No need for anything else.
No obvious reasons why it should take that long.

We haven't heard anything since the medical. When I asked through form whether this is normal I got a standard answer ("COVID ....").
After what is nearly 28 months we are getting seriously worried. Our temporary work permits will expire in March 2021 and the expected process time for (yet another) extension is also up to 197 days.

1) How normal is this? Is there anyone we can contact to help?
2) Do we need to pay TR fees again and apply immediately, or do we gamble that the government will be able to finish our PR application in less than 34 months?
3) My spouse is missing out on job opportunities because of this insane delay. She could get a better position in the public health sector (independent administrative building, no contact with patients at all, etc.), but it seems that under her current open work permit she might not be allowed to work there (conditions: not authorized to work in health services). Getting that exemption removed is possible (more fees, more forms, another medical) but seems currently not worth the effort because this could take months as well, and we could receive PR status hopefully at any moment. So does anyone know how 'health services' are exactly defined? It is nowhere clearly stated whether that includes office related jobs that so happen to be for a health service company. Even their HR doesn't know....

My apologies for the many questions. We're unsure where else to turn to.

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
Hello all,

I just sent it via Canada Post via Express Post and it says delivered but there's no signature - is it normal? I remembered someone saying the address that it is actually resembling a big factory?

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello all,

I just sent it via Canada Post via Express Post and it says delivered but there's no signature - is it normal? I remembered someone saying the address that it is actually resembling a big factory?
I think you should have an electronic signature, but you can call CIC one week after to verify they received your package.

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello. I applied inland for permanent residence. Here's my timeline;
date received: early June 2018
criminal: December 2020 (background check is still 'being processed')
medical: January 2020
estimated completion: start of April 2020
No need for anything else.
No obvious reasons why it should take that long.

We haven't heard anything since the medical. When I asked through form whether this is normal I got a standard answer ("COVID ....").
After what is nearly 28 months we are getting seriously worried. Our temporary work permits will expire in March 2021 and the expected process time for (yet another) extension is also up to 197 days.

1) How normal is this? Is there anyone we can contact to help?
2) Do we need to pay TR fees again and apply immediately, or do we gamble that the government will be able to finish our PR application in less than 34 months?
3) My spouse is missing out on job opportunities because of this insane delay. She could get a better position in the public health sector (independent administrative building, no contact with patients at all, etc.), but it seems that under her current open work permit she might not be allowed to work there (conditions: not authorized to work in health services). Getting that exemption removed is possible (more fees, more forms, another medical) but seems currently not worth the effort because this could take months as well, and we could receive PR status hopefully at any moment. So does anyone know how 'health services' are exactly defined? It is nowhere clearly stated whether that includes office related jobs that so happen to be for a health service company. Even their HR doesn't know....

My apologies for the many questions. We're unsure where else to turn to.
Just for WP extension you don't need to wait for new WP you can continue working if it's the same employer, but if it's new nowadays it takes 10 days they send you an email to start with your new employer until you receive your new WP

betse9

Nov 25, 2015
Just for WP extension you don't need to wait for new WP you can continue working if it's the same employer, but if it's new nowadays it takes 10 days they send you an email to start with your new employer until you receive your new WP
Thanks for the answer. But last time we extended our WP it took three months, and the old one thus expired before we had the new one. I would really want to avoid having implicit resident status again because this means issues with temporarily leaving the country (impossible) and health care (expires).