+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello. I applied inland for permanent residence. Here's my timeline;
date received: early June 2018
criminal: December 2020 (background check is still 'being processed')
medical: January 2020
estimated completion: start of April 2020
No need for anything else.
No obvious reasons why it should take that long.

We haven't heard anything since the medical. When I asked through form whether this is normal I got a standard answer ("COVID ....").
After what is nearly 28 months we are getting seriously worried. Our temporary work permits will expire in March 2021 and the expected process time for (yet another) extension is also up to 197 days.

1) How normal is this? Is there anyone we can contact to help?
2) Do we need to pay TR fees again and apply immediately, or do we gamble that the government will be able to finish our PR application in less than 34 months?
3) My spouse is missing out on job opportunities because of this insane delay. She could get a better position in the public health sector (independent administrative building, no contact with patients at all, etc.), but it seems that under her current open work permit she might not be allowed to work there (conditions: not authorized to work in health services). Getting that exemption removed is possible (more fees, more forms, another medical) but seems currently not worth the effort because this could take months as well, and we could receive PR status hopefully at any moment. So does anyone know how 'health services' are exactly defined? It is nowhere clearly stated whether that includes office related jobs that so happen to be for a health service company. Even their HR doesn't know....

My apologies for the many questions. We're unsure where else to turn to.
I'm waiting 35 months so you never know. Better apply for new WP to avoid the unpleasant surprise, you may get PR or may not. There are people with DM waiting months to finalize the process. The COVID situation is not getting better, we are in the orange zone already. It's getting very complicated.

Meanwhile you can find your MP and ask for assistance. He/She may give you more details about your application or speed up the processes if it's possible.

3. I think that she has to pass an official medical examination, like the one for PR and probably get authorization. It's better to consult a lawyer or just wait a little bit longer. It's frustrating but I hope you get the good news sooner.

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
Hello all,

I just sent it via Canada Post via Express Post and it says delivered but there's no signature - is it normal? I remembered someone saying the address that it is actually resembling a big factory?
I think you should have an electronic signature, but you can call CIC one week after to verify they received your package.
I called Canada post and they said because of COVID they might not be asking for a signature. If it showed it is delivered then it should be fine. I guess I will check with IRCC sometime in the following weeks to make sure the reception of the file.

Df.Set

Apr 26, 2020

We haven't heard anything since the medical. When I asked through form whether this is normal I got a standard answer ("COVID ....").
After what is nearly 28 months we are getting seriously worried. Our temporary work permits will expire in March 2021 and the expected process time for (yet another) extension is also up to 197 days.

2) Do we need to pay TR fees again and apply immediately, or do we gamble that the government will be able to finish our PR application in less than 34 months?
3) My spouse is missing out on job opportunities because of this insane delay. She could get a better position in the public health sector (independent administrative building, no contact with patients at all, etc.), but it seems that under her current open work permit she might not be allowed to work there (conditions: not authorized to work in health services). Getting that exemption removed is possible (more fees, more forms, another medical) but seems currently not worth the effort because this could take months as well, and we could receive PR status hopefully at any moment. So does anyone know how 'health services' are exactly defined? It is nowhere clearly stated whether that includes office related jobs that so happen to be for a health service company. Even their HR doesn't know....

Just be patient very soon you will have the PR is mater of days !!

Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I called Canada post and they said because of COVID they might not be asking for a signature. If it showed it is delivered then it should be fine. I guess I will check with IRCC sometime in the following weeks to make sure the reception of the file.
Same with me. I want to know my application has been received at right place.
Could any one share the contact number where I can ask about receiving of my application (Sydney- NS)?

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
Same with me. I want to know my application has been received at right place.
Could any one share the contact number where I can ask about receiving of my application (Sydney- NS)?
Submit this form , but ask them about XEP number , as if you ask about AOR they will reply that you didn't exceed processing time yet .
It succeeded with someone in other form , I applied last week and still wait for reply

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019

For your RAMQ concern, you are covered for 6 months on implied status. But you have to contact RAMQ and apply for it.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/quebec-extends-health-coverage-for-temporary-foreign-workers-0514287.html#gs.grwtjb

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1699854/sante-covid-19-assurance-maladie-quebec-legault-immigration

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hi everyone

Just to cheer you up a little bit: So far, 6 people announced they've received their CoPR today in one of the Facebook groups I am in.
All of them are inland applicants, Quebec's qualified worker process, from July 2018 (2 of them from July 23rd, another July 25th, the 4th one didn't specify the day, and 2 from July 30th)
Name of the group: "Où sont nos dossiers de Residence Permanentes - Québec?"

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yesterday I received requests to undergo Medical Exams. Big relief after months of no communication. Date of Application Oct 2018. AOR Dec 2018. QSW inland
Congratulations!!! Do you have family applied together or alone ??

Jun 4, 2020
Finally an update on my PR! I applied as under Regular Quebec Skilled Worker on 1 October 2018. AOR received January 2019 and medical September 2020. Anyone know what are the next steps after completing the medical requests?