Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
akramkhan444 said:
Here is the proper format i guess

Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of business administration, 2007
Master of business administration, passed out in 2010 - 12 pts

b. Area of Training - 6 pts [I believe your degrees were obtained in India , right???]
2. Experience - 1 year 8 months - 4pts
3. Age - 25 - 16 pts
4. Language
a. English - advanced - 6 pts
b. French - A1 i suppose - 2 pts
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None - 0
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner: I am single, yet to marry
a. Educational Attainment - N/A
b. Area of Training - N/A
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
7. Validated Job Offer - NONE
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1

Total: 12+6+4+16+6+2+1 = 47

You will be able to cross employability threshold but will not be able to make it to interview if you don't claim at least A2 level french. I will suggest you improve your french level to at least A2 as that will fetch you additional 4 points to help you make the interview. You can go ahead and apply now but don't forget to claim A2 level French in your application form else you will be risking rejection. You will be able to even surpass that level before you are called for interview. Just apply and continue to enjoy your french studies while you wait.

Best of luck ...

Regards,

Akram

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mk24 said:
TO ALL SENIORS IN THIS FORUM,

KINDLY HELP ME DOUBLE CHECK MY ELIGIBILY FOR QSW BEFORE I CHANGE TO FSW:
WITH DUE RESPECT TO DONSOFT, HIS CALCULATION WAS COMPLETELY AT VARIANCE WITH RESULT OF MY ONLINE EVALUATION, WHICH WAS POSITIVE.
I DONT KNOW IF HIS CALULATION IS MORE VALID THAN THE ONLINE EVALUATION?
PLS FIND BELOW THE DETAILS:

You can only apply via the QSW route as you are not qualified to apply via FSW. Medicine is not in the list of 28 occupations eligibe for processing. See this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp . Please focus all your energy on QSW as this happens to be the only route you may qualify for at the moment if and only if you improve on your french level.
Do not correlate fsw with csq as federal and quebec procedure are totally different.
Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery(MBBS) - 10 pts
b. Area of Training – MEDICINE - 0
2. Experience - 5 YEARS - 8 pts
3. Age - 36 - 14
4. Language
a. English - awaiting ielts exam next wkend - 6 (i believe your were taught in English)
b. French - passes DELF A1 and A2 this month (passed A2, right? They only consider Listening & Speaking, then you have 6 pts)
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None - 0
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner: I am single, yet to marry
a. Educational Attainment - N/A
b. Area of Training - N/A
c. Age -N/A
d. French - N/A
7. Validated Job Offer - NONE
8. Children – NONE
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 15,000 CAD - 1 pt
I will take your advice seriously. I have all my documnets with me but just waiting to take the ielts exam.

Total: 10 + 8 + 14 + 6 + 6 +1 = 45

Note the points cut off below:

Employability Cut-off – sum of all factors except factors 8,9 and 10

i. Single (42)
ii. Married (50)

b. Cut-off for preliminary review – sum of all the factors except factor 10

i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)

c. Selection - sum of all factors

i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)

Conclusion: You will be able to cross the employability cut off point (42) but will not be able to make it to the interview stage (49) and as result i will say that you do not qualify with the details you have provided.

Way Forward: The only option you have to improve on your points is to learn french to at least B2 level as that will fetch you extra 6 points bringing your total to 51 points. B2 (High intermediate) may not be a very easy feat to achieve but i am sure you can do it with maximum concentration. The whole process takes between 8 to 12 months so i believe you will have enough time to study before the interview date. Someone has done it in this forum and i believe you can do it as well. If this happens you will have to make at least 4 points at the interview in other to be selected. Good luck!!!

DONSOFT calculated your points correctly, according to the information who have provided. Please learn french language up to high intermediate level. Even in long run, if you get immigration then it would be easy for you to adapt Quebec environment as 80% people speak french language there. Moreover, some of my friends got lot of problem to adapt quebec environment due to low proficiency of french language.

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
Francaise,

Are u saying that the calculated points are more credible than the online evaluation?
The mistake you are DONSOFT made is that, you forgot the MBBS is a double degrees combined in one and that is the meaning of the bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery(MBBS).
MBBS is also equivalent to medicine (doctorate and I saw it there among the eligible NOC in FSW. But according DONSOFT, MBBS is not eligible for both FSW and QSW. This I disaggreed with both of you. We all have access to the datas on the CIC. Infact, as a matter of fact, I did online assessment of CIC site for FSW and I have 69point with the hope that I made up to 8 band scores in ielts exam.
I have fellow general practioners here in trinidad that applied and most of them have gotten their PR.
I opted for

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mk24 said:
Francaise,

Are u saying that the calculated points are more credible than the online evaluation?
The mistake you are DONSOFT made is that, you forgot the MBBS is a double degrees combined in one and that is the meaning of the bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery(MBBS).
MBBS is also equivalent to medicine (doctorate and I saw it there among the eligible NOC in FSW. But according DONSOFT, MBBS is not eligible for both FSW and QSW. This I disaggreed with both of you. We all have access to the datas on the CIC. Infact, as a matter of fact, I did online assessment of CIC site for FSW and I have 69point with the hope that I made up to 8 band scores in ielts exam.
I have fellow general practioners here in trinidad that applied and most of them have gotten their PR.
I opted for

i am not saying that your occupation is not recognized in quebec or applicants with MBBS in medicine is not eligible. You are eligible for quebec immigration but due to less points, you can't go through. Try to understand that your MBBS in medicine comes under section E in area of training and occupations which include in section E get 0 point in AOT. Due to 0point in AOT you are unable to achieve 49 points. I advice you to learn french up to level b2 because it will fetch more points and you will be eligible for processing a case.

For clarification, see page 13 of given below link :

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

mk24

Jul 10, 2011
Francaise,

If the online evaluation result is not reliable then why is immigration-Quebec encouraging potential applicants to assess their chances using it?
If I understood correctly, the calculated point is more reliable than the result of the online evaluation, right?
Thanks for ur input.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I know this question has probably been answered already and sorry for the repetition, but I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from UMass Amherst........is this in any way at all equivalent to a Quebec degree?

mickeymouse

Jul 15, 2011
Hi,
Thanks so much for your response.Below are the details:

1. Training - IT , Software Engineering
a. Educational Attainment – M.E.(Computer Science 4 years), B.E.(Computer Science 1.5 years)
b. Area of Training – Software Engineer QA
2. Experience - 7.5 years total(4 years in past 5 years, have been a stay-at-home mom since June 2010)
3. Age - 32
4. Language -
a. English - Beginner 4
b. French - Advanced
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - M.Sc.(Electronics 3 years), B.Sc.(Electronics 2 years)
b. Area of Training - IT, architect IT solutions(Microsoft technologies)
c. Age - 36
d. English - Advanced
e. French - Beginner 4
7. Validated Job Offer -No
8. Children – 1
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – Yes
10. Adaptability (you will earn points here if and only if you attended a selection interview)

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Does it fall into any of the followiing categories? If your answer is no, then it cannot be considered an equivalent to a Quebec Diploma.

Québec diploma

This is:

* a diploma issued by the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), for secondary or college studies, or by a Québec university. The training can have been received in Québec or abroad; OR
* an Attestation of Collegial Studies issued by a college recognized by the MELS. The training must have been received in Québec full time over a period of more than one year.

And treated as a Québec diploma:

* a Canadian diploma (if it is issued by the minister responsible for education or by a university of a Canadian province or territory);
* a foreign diploma recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body, except if it is a medical diploma;
* a foreign diploma or training leading to the practice of a regulated profession or trade in Québec, if you have already received authorization to practise this occupation in Québec;
* a training certificate that falls under a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) concluded within the framework of a mutual recognition agreement regarding professional qualifications with another government, for the practice of a profession governed by a professional order in Québec. You must possess the legal ability to practise required under this arrangement and this arrangement must have been implemented. Note that France is the only country with which such an agreement has been concluded;
* a foreign diploma or training that falls under an MRA that allows for the practice of a regulated occupation in Québec, if the Québec regulatory body attests that you meet the required training conditions and, if applicable, the professional experience required to practise this occupation.

Funkdakarma said:
I know this question has probably been answered already and sorry for the repetition, but I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from UMass Amherst........is this in any way at all equivalent to a Quebec degree?

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
mickeymouse said:
Hi,
Thanks so much for your response.Below are the details:

1. Training - IT , Software Engineering
a. Educational Attainment – M.E.(Computer Science 4 years), B.E.(Computer Science 1.5 years) - 12 pts
b. Area of Training – Software Engineer QA - (6pts if your degree was obtained outside Quebec & 12 pts if its a Quebec or an equivalent of a Quebec degree)
2. Experience - 7.5 years total(4 years in past 5 years, have been a stay-at-home mom since June 2010) - 8 pts
3. Age - 32 - 16
4. Language -
a. English - Advanced - 6 pts
b. French - Beginner 4 - (what do you mean by beginner 4? A1 or A2?) A1=2 & A2=6
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - M.Sc.(Electronics 3 years),B.Sc.(Electronics 2 years) - 3
b. Area of Training - IT, architect IT solutions(Microsoft technologies) - 0
c. Age - 36 - 14
d. French - Beginner 4 (A1 = 2, A2 = 6)
7. Validated Job Offer -No
8. Children – 1 - 4pts
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – Yes - 1
10. Adaptability (you will earn points here if and only if you attended a selection interview)

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks Donsoft........I think it's just a matter of getting your application out there. Whatever happens, happens. Hoping that by sometime next month I can get it out there

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
If you are really serious about relocating to Quebec and giving your family a very high quality of life, then you have to take your application very serious. Carry out all the due diligence checks especially when you have a lot of people in here to help you file a very strong application. It is always good to get it right at the first time, that way you would have satisfied your conscience. Whatever that is worth doing is worth doing well. I sincerely believe that it is not just a matter of getting the application out there but about getting good results. What will happen will definitely be good for you.

If you still have some doubts with your profile, kindly post the grey areas here so we can share ideas that will be beneficial to you.

Best of luck!!!

Funkdakarma said:
Thanks Donsoft........I think it's just a matter of getting your application out there. Whatever happens, happens. Hoping that by sometime next month I can get it out there

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Guys do we need to fill up the Personal Net Worth Statement for the federal application? Or as QSW applicants are we exempted from filling up this form? Thanks!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)