Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
KAMMAR said:
I'm waiting for 3.5 months.

Quebec office in Montreal is about to open files sent by end September 2010. This is what an agent there told me. This is very slow :(

hi marrylatt

you r really very lucky that u got ur aor in no time... however i m still waiting for my aor since 2 and months....

all the best,,,,,,,
That sucks, guys, what a long time. ??? Sometimes I hear about people from offices in the Phillippines and their process takes about 4 years...yikes!! :-\ :'(

Hope you get yours soon!!

Nagaraj Ti

Jan 14, 2011
Hi All,

This is Nagaraj. I have applied for Quebec selection certificate on 27th Dec 2010 and I need your help.
a) I live in India and have applied for CSQ in Hong Kong office. In case there is a interview will it be in New Delhi or Hong Kong?
b) Is IELTS certificate a mandatory one?
c) Do we receive any acknowledgement once Hong Kong office receives the document?

Really appreciate if some one can provide insight on these areas.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Nagaraj..

The interview can either be in India or Hong Kong depending upon the scheduling done by the BIQ Hong Kong.
IELTS is not mandatory..but it definately if you send it along.

Yes u ll recieve a file number as an AOR soon ..about 1.5 months

Good Luck

Shahi

nicolepot

Dec 30, 2010
Hi to All!!!

Is there a nurse applicant here for QSW? or anyone can answer this..... How many years of work experience as a nurse is needed to become eligible to apply. is it atleast 6 mos. or atleast a year?---like the requirement of federal skilled worker ...Thanks in advance..

I've work already for 6 years as a office manager with my bachelor of commerce course and with my second course which is nursing, just started working as a clinic nurse last sept 2010 only in which it is only 4 mos now.

Please help me so that i will know what to do.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ Nicolepot, my advise for u is that in this game u should put your best foot 4wad.
As a nurse u need a minimum of 6months work experience.
i wish to advice that u wait till u av acquire 6months of work experience b4 u put 4wad ur application.
if u are applying with commerce as ur profession, u stand the following risks ( unless if ur area of specialization was in any of the following: Insurance, financial advisory services or Business management)
1) not having the required point which might result in application being rejected
2) Long case processing cos u will not benefit in priority processing. but if u can b a little patient so as to av 6months experience in nursing u will have additional 12points + priority processing. hope this helps

Tooofiq

Jan 17, 2011
Baku
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody.
I am new here, actually this is my first post.
I just saw how you guys support each other, and I couldn't resist myself to become a part of it. I have been dreaming about moving to Canada since high school. And I wish all of us will qualify and maybe we will have a cup of coffee in one of cafe's in Montreal)))) :)

You guys are more experienced in this... Could you please evaluate me??Please...
I am from Azerbaijan. I am 21, male, single. I have 2 (dual) Bachelor degrees: 1st in Hospitality Management (Austrian degree), and 2nd Hospitality Marketing (Azerbaijani degree). English(IELTS 7.0), French(begginer) Currently I hold a position of Sales and Marketing Manager in an international hotel(5th month).

What are my odds? Please just tell the truth. No motivation))). I think I can handle the truth.)))
Thanks in advance.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Tooofiq said:
Hi Everybody.
I am new here, actually this is my first post.
I just saw how you guys support each other, and I couldn't resist myself to become a part of it. I have been dreaming about moving to Canada since high school. And I wish all of us will qualify and maybe we will have a cup of coffee in one of cafe's in Montreal)))) :)

You guys are more experienced in this... Could you please evaluate me??Please...
I am from Azerbaijan. I am 21, male, single. I have 2 (dual) Bachelor degrees: 1st in Hospitality Management (Austrian degree), and 2nd Hospitality Marketing (Azerbaijani degree). English(IELTS 7.0), French(begginer) Currently I hold a position of Sales and Marketing Manager in an international hotel(5th month).

What are my odds? Please just tell the truth. No motivation))). I think I can handle the truth.)))
Thanks in advance.
Hi toofiq,

It really depends. How much job experience do you have?

The first thing to do is to do the online evaluation - it'll tell you if you're likely to qualify.

htt p://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

Tooofiq

Jan 17, 2011
Baku
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply?

Thank you Marylatt for your response.
It says I meet the criteria.
Please advise me...

Does it really matter if you get more points, or it is only important to qualify? I mean can I get a visa (PR) with 50 points(which it is).
Would it be better to wait my experience to be more than a year, or should I start the application process already?
If I get a rejection, would I be able to apply again?
Does the previous rejection affect your future application?
What is the average time of total processing?

Your response is highly appreciated.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
nope, it is not compulsory to have a french test score, but it helps a lot in strengthening your case.

rbaweja1 said:
It is compulsory to have french test score quebec skilled category

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Re: Apply?

Tooofiq said:
Thank you Marylatt for your response.
It says I meet the criteria.
Please advise me...

Does it really matter if you get more points, or it is only important to qualify? I mean can I get a visa (PR) with 50 points(which it is).
Would it be better to wait my experience to be more than a year, or should I start the application process already?
If I get a rejection, would I be able to apply again?
Does the previous rejection affect your future application?
What is the average time of total processing?

Your response is highly appreciated.

From what I understand, the more points you have, the more likely it is that you won't need an interview - which is what everybody wants, to have the CSQ sent in the mail without needing an interview! :p In order to NOT have the interview though, you need at least 55 points if you're a single applicant, PLUS it depends on the situation (you could have 55 points but if they need you to clarify something, they'll still ask for an interview). It really depends on whether you want to wait; the thing is, immigration rules change, so if you wait a year, and they make the rules stricter, then you might not longer qualify.
In my opinion, if you have more than 49 points, you might as well apply, and then prepare yourself for the interview. That's what I'm doing anyway - I think I have 55 points, but I think I will most likely have an interview because I've applied before and been denied. ::)

If you get a rejection simply because you don't have enough points, I think there's no problem in reapplying. The only issue would be if you had lied to them before, or had a criminal record. I've applied before under H&C (not Quebec category) and been denied, and I hope there's no effect on my application now, because I was not denied due to inadmissability. I guess I'll find out, but from what I heard, and from what my previous lawyer told me, (though she was a conniving compulsive liar) there's no problem. ???

As far as processing times, that depends on your visa office. Here's an estimate
htt
p://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

Of course, after you get your CSQ, then you have to wait for Federal to issue you a visa, and that has its own timeline:
htt
p://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

Tooofiq

Jan 17, 2011
Baku
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Apply?

Thank You so much. You have been really helpful. I think I will start my application. Good luck to you! I hope You'll qualify.

shahryargh

Jan 18, 2011
hie

i received my file number just 2 weeeks after sending the CSQ for federql and in the E-cas there is IN PROCESS for my case

it should be the same for you

onelove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
august 15,2010
AOR Received.
august 29,2010
Shahi said:
Nagaraj..

The interview can either be in India or Hong Kong depending upon the scheduling done by the BIQ Hong Kong.
IELTS is not mandatory..but it definately if you send it along.

Yes u ll recieve a file number as an AOR soon ..about 1.5 months

Good Luck

Shahi
;;;;;;;;;;;;;plz help me for this thanks to all,i we like you to tell me about how many point i have on this,,,,,am 28 years old my welf is also 28 with a kid of 6months old, work experience 3years+ wife work experience=0 area of training i have MECHANICAL ENGINEER,,AND DOING A MASTER'S PROGRAM,,,my wife have becherlos on social pedagogy,,,franch JUST AI plz tell me how many point i have on this,my plans is to apply for quebec hope to here from you soo thanks

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Onelove check ur eligibility on this link

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

Good luck

Shahi