QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Hello guys, I hope everybody's doing just fine with their own application. I just wanted to ask for some suggestions especially for those people who have undergone this.

I have just recently received a rejection letter from BIQ HK stating that my scores are not high enough to be selected as an immigrant through QSW. Here's the detailed breakdown of the points allocated.

Niveau de scolarite 4/12
Domaine de formation 0/16
Experience prof. 4/8
Age 16/16
Francaise inter.orale 0/16
Anglais inter.orale 6/6
Sejour au Quebec 0/5
Famille aue Quebec 0/3
Offre emploi valide 0/10
Autonomie financie 1/1

This would total to 31 points but I would need 49 points for my application to be accepted. The weird thing about this is that I have finished two degrees. I have a degree in Biology (Genetics major) and a degree in Nursing. I've used my degree in nursing to apply through QSW as I have already practiced my profession for more than a year now. However they have only awarded me four points in the 'Niveau de scolarite" which should have been at least 10 since I have finished college (four points would imply that I have only finished high school) and an additional 12 points for the "Domain de formation" since nursing is one of the jobs which is highly in demand in Quebec. Oddly enough they have awarded me four points for my experience working as a company nurse as stated in the application that I have sent them. How could that be possible if I haven't finished my degree(s)?

Anyways, I have until February 24 to submit my appeal. They are asking for new documents that I have not yet provided for them to be able to take up my case again. What do you think should I send them? I have already submitted the notarized copies of the two degrees that I have and the diplomas. I have also sent copies of my registration to the professional order of nurses here in the Philippines. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially those who have also undergone this procedure ( @ angeleye).

Thank you very much!

onelove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
august 15,2010
AOR Received.
august 29,2010
plz help me for this thanks to all,i we like you to tell me about how many point i have on this,,,,,am 28 years old my welf is also 28 with a kid of 6months old, work experience 3years+ wife work experience=0 area of training i have MECHANICAL ENGINEER,,AND DOING A MASTER'S PROGRAM,,,my wife have becherlos on social pedagogy,,,franch JUST AI plz tell me how many point i have on this,my plans is to apply for quebec hope to here from you soo thanks

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
solokru said:
Hello guys, I hope everybody's doing just fine with their own application. I just wanted to ask for some suggestions especially for those people who have undergone this.

I have just recently received a rejection letter from BIQ HK stating that my scores are not high enough to be selected as an immigrant through QSW. Here's the detailed breakdown of the points allocated.

Niveau de scolarite 4/12
Domaine de formation 0/16
Experience prof. 4/8
Age 16/16
Francaise inter.orale 0/16
Anglais inter.orale 6/6
Sejour au Quebec 0/5
Famille aue Quebec 0/3
Offre emploi valide 0/10
Autonomie financie 1/1

This would total to 31 points but I would need 49 points for my application to be accepted. The weird thing about this is that I have finished two degrees. I have a degree in Biology (Genetics major) and a degree in Nursing. I've used my degree in nursing to apply through QSW as I have already practiced my profession for more than a year now. However they have only awarded me four points in the 'Niveau de scolarite" which should have been at least 10 since I have finished college (four points would imply that I have only finished high school) and an additional 12 points for the "Domain de formation" since nursing is one of the jobs which is highly in demand in Quebec. Oddly enough they have awarded me four points for my experience working as a company nurse as stated in the application that I have sent them. How could that be possible if I haven't finished my degree(s)?

Anyways, I have until February 24 to submit my appeal. They are asking for new documents that I have not yet provided for them to be able to take up my case again. What do you think should I send them? I have already submitted the notarized copies of the two degrees that I have and the diplomas. I have also sent copies of my registration to the professional order of nurses here in the Philippines. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially those who have also undergone this procedure ( @ angeleye).
How very odd. It seems like a mistake to me - the only thing I can think of is that maybe they were not satisfied that a B.A. in your country equals a B.A. in Canada? Did you check the equivalency chart? I think they should've awarded you the 12 points in domaine the formation, too, unless of course, they thought your degree did not equal a B.A. Also, did you send transcripts in addition to your diploma? Because they required that too for you to get the points.

You got your degree in the Phillippines, right? Here's the equivalency chart:
h ttp://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PHILIPPINES.pdf

I think your work experience need not be related to your degree, so they could technically give you points for that, but not for your education.

Good luck to you, and keep us updated! Hopefully it's just a mistake.

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Solokru:

That's so sad to hear!

Have you seen this chart?
http: // www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PHILIPPINES.pdf

For holders of Philippine degrees, they only give 4 points for 4-year university degrees and 6 points for 5-year degrees. I'm guessing they considered your Biology degree, so they gave you 4 points for education and 0 for area of training.

But since you have a nursing degree, they should have considered this instead of your Biology degree (since they must consider the degree which gives the applicant the higher points). For this you should get either 8 or 10 for education and 12 for area of training. I hope you can convince them to award you the points for nursing.

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@ shersta

Yes I have seen that table before. I also have also just downloaded the most recently updated form. They do award four points for university degrees here which are not in the most current list of preferred area of training. Biology is indeed not in the list (for foreign degree holders) which would explain why I only got four points. I am a second courser in nursing, which means it took me less than four years (2 1/2 years) to finish the course because I already have the general education courses required. They have indicated that for a three year graduate (or even a 2 year graduate for that matter) of the course they can give 6 or 10 points but they would give 10 points if your area of training belongs to the 12 or 16 points category (Nursing being one of those courses). So either way if they would accept my Nursing degree as a 3 year or a four year course they would have to give me 10 points for my studies and 12 points for my area of training.

I think this would need a very thorough explanation to the BIQ in HK. I'm really stressed right now because of the possibility that they might reject my application because I'm a second courser and it only took me 2 1/2 years to finish the course.

@ marylatt

Yes. I have sent the transcripts together with the number of clinic hours that I have spent and my professional registration to the order of nurses here in the Philippines. They have also specified the two reasons of which I have failed their assessment, having very low scores in the level of educational attainment and no knowledge of the French language.

As for the link, yes I have already seen that .pdf file and it points out that they do recognize and award sufficient points for nursing graduates in the Philippines. For my work experience well they should've taken a second look because I listed there that I worked as a nurse for a year. A BS Biology graduate can't possibly work as a nurse! :)

Right now I'm thinking of resending my diplomas and transcripts with a letter explaining to them that I have a degree in nursing and that I am applying through QSW as a nurse and not as a biologist/researcher.

Thank you for your reply guys and any other comments and suggestions would be much appreciated! Cheers!

Oh and BTW, my AOR was dated Dec 21 2010. !4 days after I have submitted it. Philippine mail was kinda slow so I only have 30 more days to respond to the letter. I'm keeping my hopes up though. I hope they reconsider!

bhavikna

Dec 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2008
AOR Received.
13-11-2008
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Shahi said:
@ Bhavikna..

Bonjour... Bonne Annee A toi aussi!!... je prepare les questions tres commun das l'entrevue...

Pourqoui vous choisiez Quebec ou Canada..
Qu'est que tu va faire si vous ne trouveriez pas un travail la bas..
Est-ce que tu connais Quebec ..son histoire etc.etc..

c'est tout..!!...mes amis m'a dit que l'entrevue est simple... seulment restez en confiance..et parlez en francias!!..

Bonne Chance!!..

@ Anumatri... Your welcome!
Shahi
Bonjour Shahi,

Tu es bien? Je pense tu occupe avec ta preparation de entrevue.

Moi, je assyez avec tout les question comme, pour quoi vous voulez a quebec? , vous savez quoi de quebec? etc etc. Alor, si tu vas trouve nouvelle information pour quebec, STP partage avec moi. Aussi, si je vais trouve quel qua nouvelle information, je vais partage avec toi.

Est ce que tu cherche le travaille dans la quebec maintanant? si oui, alor donne moi le site web pour cherche les travaille STP.

J'attende repose de toi.

Merci,
Bhavik

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
Shahi i am preparing the answers too. My wife do the question and i try to remember what i am learning.

i am nervous :(
it's been 2 month from the confirmation that i am on the waiting list for interview but not any news when it will be till now.
any idea how long it will take?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Bhvikna..

Oui je bien prepare pour l'entrevue... maintenant je parle en francais chaque jour avec mes amis... c'est bien parce que on doit parler en francais pour une heure pendant l'entrevue... bien sur...l'information au propos du Quebec auusi tres utile... alors je vous conseille parler beaucoup en francais...

Bonne chance..!!

@lirjan

That is very nice and i think u ll get interview date in next 2 -3 months... keep checking quebec website for dates of inteview

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/cost-immigrating/processing-times-table.html

Shahi

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
Shahi said:
@ Bhavikna..

Bonjour... Bonne Annee A toi aussi!!... je prepare les questions tres commun das l'entrevue...

Pourqoui vous choisiez Quebec ou Canada. Selon mon exprience,
AQuebec est une grande province du canada, un peu de population,l'economie est stable en plus ma profession est en grande demande le condition de travaille est tres bien,les professionelle sont bien paye par ailleur , grace a quebec je peux parler francaise .

Qu'est que tu va faire si vous ne trouveriez pas un travail la bas..
je suis optimist. je trouverai un emploi dans mon domaine facilement parce que j'ai vue sur l'internet il beaucoup d'offrir d'emploi dans mon domaine, en plus j'ai bien connaissance avec le langue francaise il sera tres utile pour moi, il va m'aider beucoup pour chercher un emploi, je aporterrai suffisant financer aussi, si neccessaire je ferais quelque formation dans mon domaine pour amolier mon cv.

bonne chance
qsw
parler et ecouter(maximum)
Est-ce que tu connais Quebec ..son histoire etc.etc..

c'est tout..!!...mes amis m'a dit que l'entrevue est simple... seulment restez en confiance..et parlez en francias!!..

Bonne Chance!!..

@ Anumatri... Your welcome!
Shahi

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my Csq september 2010 4rm BIQ Paris. but just of late i discovered that the NOC code ( Classification nationale des professions) is a 5-digit code (41222) as opposed to the 4-digit code i have always known NOC to have. am now wondering if it was a mistake .
pls those who already have their csq should help me confirm 4rm their csq if theirs is also a 5-digit.
anyone with information shld pls contribute. thanks

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Egrace..

first of all ...congratulations for your CSQ... secondly... i also heard NOC code four digit only...first time i got to know 5 digit NOC code!

Shahi

onelove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
august 15,2010
AOR Received.
august 29,2010
lirjan said:
Shahi i am preparing the answers too. My wife do the question and i try to remember what i am learning.

i am nervous :(
it's been 2 month from the confirmation that i am on the waiting list for interview but not any news when it will be till now.
any idea how long it will take?
;;;;;;;;;HOW DID YOU GET THE CONFIRMATION ABOUT YOUR INTERVIEW?