Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Thanks for that Subash! Pardon me for using our country's language. :)

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
jazv4 said:
No. You have to pass both. You have to score more than 42 in employability and then alltogether (all factors included) you should score at least 49 points. But then your application will take longer because of the interview and also you will be at the mercy of interviewing officer.

Why make things longer and take the risk if you can just add French exams. Since you studied in French you should be able to pass the test easily. That will give you no less than 10 points. Plus 6 for english you will be in the interview waiver zone. Try taking TEFaQ, they gave me the diploma a month after the exam.
Everything you said makes sense, but problem is, it's quite difficult to schedule a TEFaQ right now, scarce availability where I am. MICC only gives me 3 months to submit additional material, not long enough for me to write and receive french test score. That's why I wanna appeal to the officer's common sense. Is there a number I can call to reach officer Isabelle Martineau? She's the one that handles my case. I wrote emails last friday, no reply yet.

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
OnePieceOne said:
Everything you said makes sense, but problem is, it's quite difficult to schedule a TEFaQ right now, scarce availability where I am. MICC only gives me 3 months to submit additional material, not long enough for me to write and receive french test score. That's why I wanna appeal to the officer's common sense. Is there a number I can call to reach officer Isabelle Martineau? She's the one that handles my case. I wrote emails last friday, no reply yet.
To be honest, the common sense avenue won't work. They already changed the rules and everybody is getting hit with new regulations just as you are. and I doubt they will make an exception for you.

IMO, If you cannot obtain language diplomas right away. You could send an update form and a letter explaining them that language certificates will take longer than 90 days and that will submit them as soon as you receive them; plus, send the receipts when you register for the test and if possible the preliminary results.

As for reaching your case officer, as far as I know they won't even talk to you. Everything is done by mail. and when you call MICC you will only get customer service reps and trust me on this, they won't tell you much other than your application status

514 864-9191, that's the number for MICC but you won't have an option to call a specific officer, only customer service reps.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
jimmy80 said:
Hallo Sylvia27,

Based on my personal experience, I send them the Tefaq (C1,B2. for both of us so we got 16 points more) results last Jan, they received it on 31-01-2014.

I called them one week after they told me that someone is working on my file and the decision will be made soon but unfortunately it doesn't happen. I called them one month after they inform me the magic phrase “your file is in waiting for treatment” , I fully agree with you that when you update them they restart the checking recalculating the points but it will not change anything in terms of waiting and they will again put your file in the queue.

I have enough points minimum 65 points and maximum I have 76 points and still doing the waiting exercise.

Regards and best of luck for all of us especially 2011 applicants since 3 years passed and no good news.

Jimmy80
And in this case you don't get a new AOR that they received the additional documents and that they are now working on your file? Also which office did you call and what info did you give them? because I'm applying through a lawyer and I haven't received any documents myself. Will there be a file number or something I can use when calling them?

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
Hi Senior,

I filed my application on 31/07/2013, case open about Oct 2013. since then no information....still waiting.
  • valid work permit and full time working in Montreal
  • NO French/ English exam
  • Master degree

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
sylvia27 said:
And in this case you don't get a new AOR that they received the additional documents and that they are now working on your file? Also which office did you call and what info did you give them? because I'm applying through a lawyer and I haven't received any documents myself. Will there be a file number or something I can use when calling them?
hallo,

i called Montreal the Call Center,they need your f"numero de reference individuel" than they will ask you all your personal details.full name ,DOB, Adress,.....
ask the lawyer to provide you with your file number.

Reegards

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
the bobosnk said:
1. Will I receive extra points as Civil Engineers are now classified under the new rules? Yes you will receive 6 points for CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY COLLEGIAL LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING, 12POINTS UNIVERSITY LEVEL
2. Will I now be treated as a priority applicant automatically? IF The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). If this is not the case, the candidate must have legally practised for at least one year, during the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, a profession directly related to the diploma obtained and for which he or she is being assessed.
3. Achieving B2 is tough, however, would A1, A2 or B1 add weight to my application?level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded.
Many thanks for your reply. In that case I will receive 55 points as of now (I am a single applicant).

Also what are the chances of someone having 55 points (single) or 63 points (with spouse) to get an interview. Will it be waived or still be scheduled to check for adaptability? The reason why I am asking this question is after the interview one must score a minimum of 55 (Single) and 63 (with spouse), if one really has then what?

Regards!!!

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
halo4me said:
Hi Senior,

I filed my application on 31/07/2013, case open about Oct 2013. since then no information....still waiting.
  • valid work permit and full time working in Montreal
  • NO French/ English exam
  • Master degree
I think you will not have any problem securing CSQ as you are full time employed in Montreal under the work permit

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
tubelight said:
I think you will not have any problem securing CSQ as you are full time employed in Montreal under the work permit
I'm working full time in Montreal for almost 1 year, and once I called Quebec Immigration that they told me my case in high priority as I'm full time worker with job offer. after few weeks, I checked it up they told me my case just normal case.....really confusing me.

the bobosnk

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ROME
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JULY 2014
AOR Received.
17 SEPT 2014
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CALCULATE THEIR POINTS

Quebec Skilled Workers Selection Factors

To be qualified as a Quebec skilled worker, you will be assessed on the following selection factors and a point system.

Selection Factor Points
Training Maximum 28 points
Experience Maximum 8 points
Age Maximum 16 points
Language Proficiency Maximum 22 points
Stay and family in Quebec Maximum 8 points
Spouse's Characteristics Maximum 16 points
Validated Employment Offer Maximum 10 points

Employability Pass mark for single applicants 42
Employability Pass mark for married applicants 50

Children Maximum 8 points
Financial Self-Sufficiency Maximum 1 point

[b]Preliminary Pass mark for single applicants 49
Preliminary Pass mark for married applicants 57[/b]

Adaptability Maximum 6 points

Pass mark for single applicants 55 points
Pass mark for married applicants 63 points

Factor 1- Training (Maximum 28 points)

You can earn selection points for your level of education and your area of training.

1.1 Level of Education

Level of Education
Master's degree, doctorate or PhD 12 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 10 Points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in a program that received 12 or more points under the Area of Traning Factor 10 Points
Secondary school vocational diploma or postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies in a program that receives 12 or more points under the Area of Traning Factor 10 Points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 6 Points
Postsecondary school technical diplomaattesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies 6 Points
Secondary school vocational diploma 6 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 year of full-time studies 4 Points
Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 4 Points
Secondary school general diploma 2 Points
[tr][td]

1.2 Area of Training

The 2013 List of areas of training is intended to identify candidates who have earned diplomas or degrees in areas with good medium-term job prospects. It is compiled with particular regard to Quebec job market requirements. The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made.

Area of Training Points

Section A 16 Points
Section B 12 Points
Section C 6 Points
Section D 2 Points
Section E 0 Points
Section F 0 Points
Section G 0 Points

Factor 2- Experience (Maximum 8 Points)

You will earn points for the number of years you have spent in full-time (30 hours per week) or equivalent paid work during the last 5 years in skilled, semi-skilled and management occupation (Skill levels A, B, C and O of National Occupational Classification). You must have at least 6 months experience to considered as a Quebec skilled worker.
Points are awarded on the following basis:

Experience Points
Four years or more 8 points
Three years 6 points
Two years 6 points
One year 4 points
6 months 4 points
Less than 6 months 0 point

Factor 3- Age (Maximum 16 Points)

You will be awarded selection points based on your age at the time when the Quebec Immigration office receives your application according to the following table
:
Age Points
17 or under 0 Point
18 to 35 16 Points
36 14 Points
37 12 Points
38 10 Points
39 8 Points
40 6 Points
41 4 Points
42 2 Points
43 and over 0 Point

Factor 4- Language Proficiency (Maximum 22 points)
Points are awarded under the Language Skills Factor based upon your abilities in Quebec's first official language (French) and second official language (English). Your knowledge of languages will be determined either by documentary proof .

Credits for Language Skills are awarded on the following basis:
Language Proficiency Points
French Speaking 7
French Listening 7
French Reading 1
French Writing 1
English Speaking 2
English Listening 2
English Reading 1
English Writing 1

Factor 5- Stay and Family in Quebec (Maximum 8 points)

You can be awarded up to 16 points if you have a close relative in Quebec and/or have stayed in Quebec.

5.1 Stay in Quebec
Stay in Quebec Points
to study for 1 or 2 regular full-time semesters 5 Points
to work for at least 3 months 5 Points
stay as part of a youth exchange program for at least 3 months 5 Points
other stay for at least 2 weeks 1 Point
other stay for at least 3 months 2 Points

5.2 Family in Quebec

Family in Quebec Points
spouse or de facto spouse 3 Points
son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister 3 Points
grandfather or grandmother 3 Points
uncle or aunt, nephew or niece
0 Point

Factor 6- Characteristics of the accompanying spouse or de facto spouse (Maximum 16 Points)

You will be awarded points for the characteristics of your accompanying spouse in level of education, area of training, age and language proficiency.

6.1 Spouse Level of education

Level of Education Points
Master's degree, doctorate or PhD 3 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 3 Points
postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies< 3 Points
secondary school vocational diploma orpostsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies 2 Points
undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 2 Points
postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies 2 Points
secondary school vocational diploma 2 Points
undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 year of full-time studies 1 Point
postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 1 Point
secondary school general diploma 1 Point

6.2 Spouse Area of Training
Area of Training Points
Section A 4 Points
Section B 3 Points
Section C 2 Points
Section D 1 Point
Section E 0 Point
Section F 0 Point
Section G 0 Point

6.3 Spouse Age
Age Points
17 or under 0 Point
18 to 35 3 Points
36 3 Points
37 2 Points
38 2 Points
39 2 Points
40 1 Points
41 1 Point
42 1 Point
43 and over 0 Point

6.4 Spouse Language Proficiency

French Reading0
Language Proficiency Points
French Speaking 3
French Listening 3
French Writing 0

Factor 7- Validated employment offer (Maximum 10 Points)

Validated employment offer is a genuine job offer by a Quebec employer that is approved (validated) by Human Resources & Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) in Quebec.

These points are awarded as follows:
Validated employment offer Points
Validated employment offer in the metropolitan area of Montreal 6 points
Validated employment offer outside the metropolitan area of Montreal 10 points

Factor 8- Children (Maximum 8 Points)

You may be awarded up to a maximum of 8 point if you have accompanying children

Children Points
for each child 12 years of age or younger 4 points
for each child 13 to 21 years of age 2 points

Factor 9- Financial Self-sufficiency (1 point)

As part of your application, you are required to declare that you will have, for the duration of a contract signed with MICC which is three months from the date of your arrival in Canada as a permanent resident, financial resources at least equal to the amount provided here to meet basic needs for yourself and your family.

As part of your application, you must sign a contract confirming your commitment to provide for your needs and your family's needs for at least the first three months following your arrival in Quebec. The minimum amounts that you undertake to possess are shown in the table here.

Financial Self-sufficiency Points
Signing of the contract 1 point

Note: The cutoff score is 1 points and it means you have to sign the contract and receive 1 point to qualified for immigration to Quebec.

Adaptability (Maximum 6 Points)

Up to 6 points can be awarded for your adaptability (preparation of your immigration project) which will be assessed based on the steps that you have undertaken to facilitate your socioeconomic integration and your personal qualities with regard to your work activities.

anusha sonali

Apr 10, 2014
Hi Im Nurse from Sri Lanka Iam also applied QSW programme December15 2013 still Iam also didnt receive any updates even file no, could any body tell me what is going on there? Is it too early to talk about this? thank you

jophyunni

Apr 28, 2014
thank you subash,

i have some more doubts..

my wife is currently working in saudi arabia..

1) what i need to mentioned in residence address column mentioned in the application (saudi or india), i like to get all information and mail to india,apart we are planning to vacate saudi by upcoming year.please suggest

2)if i mentioned indian address any issue will happen

thanks in aduvance

spanky84us

Apr 3, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted after receiving AOR.
anusha sonali said:
Hi Im Nurse from Sri Lanka Iam also applied QSW programme December15 2013 still Iam also didnt receive any updates even file no, could any body tell me what is going on there? Is it too early to talk about this? thank you
yes its too early. they issue AOR's withing 4-7 months after filing, so expect yours to come until july.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
jophyunni said:
thank you subash,

i have some more doubts..

my wife is currently working in saudi arabia..

1) what i need to mentioned in residence address column mentioned in the application (saudi or india), i like to get all information and mail to india,apart we are planning to vacate saudi by upcoming year.please suggest

2)if i mentioned indian address any issue will happen

thanks in aduvance
I think you should select residence address in UAE as you guys have still planned to live there for about a year. You can change your address later on once file number is issued to you. I can suggest you to mention address in India if someone in India will take responsibility of getting any information regarding your application from Quebec authority and keep you informed. I am sure most of the communication is done by them through e-mail.

doc.ss

Apr 26, 2014
the bobosnk said:
Level of Education
Master's degree, doctorate or PhD 12 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 10 Points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in a program that received 12 or more points under the Area of Traning Factor 10 Points
Secondary school vocational diploma or postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies in a program that receives 12 or more points under the Area of Traning Factor 10 Points
Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 6 Points
Postsecondary school technical diplomaattesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies 6 Points
Secondary school vocational diploma 6 Points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 year of full-time studies 4 Points
Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 4 Points
Secondary school general diploma 2 Points
[tr][td]
so how many points for a university degree .(Bachelor)?? ::) sorry i didn't get it.