13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
Hi,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your interview experience.

RocketCity said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my CSQ Interview Experience. I'm not sure this is the thread to put it, but here goes. Before I start, let me just provide a little information about my application and timeline so far.

Marital Status: Single
Points Before Interview: 53
Points Needed: 55
Field: Computer Engineer
Level of French: A2
Filed Application: November 2012
AOR Received: February 2013
Interview Waitlisted: November 2013
Interview Confirmation: December 2013
Interview Date/Site: February 2014/New York

My interview was scheduled for 2 o'clock, but I arrived at 1 o'clock as I wanted to make sure I didn't get lost as it was my first time in New York. When I started, I was greeted by the Quebec immigration official. She greeted me in French and I responded in kind. Before we really got into the more difficult questions, she asked me some basic questions in French such as where do you live, how are you, what do you do for a living, etc? Afterwards, she told me what was going to happen during the interview. She said I needed 55 points in order to receive a selection certificate. This was said to me in English. I'm not sure why she switched to English. Perhaps it was because I could not claim any points for French language ability as I only scored an A2.

The first thing she did was to review my records. She asked me about the original information that was provided. She confirmed all of my biographical information. There were a few things that changed since I filed my application, primarily my address and the company I work for. She took note of this and wanted to see my passports and work authorizations. I gave her my current and olders versions of my passports (3) and work authorizations (3). After she looked at my documents, she gave them back to me.

She asked me what I had planned to do in Quebec and what I have done to prepare myself for going to Quebec. I responded that I have tried learning French using a variety of methods including Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, and classes at the local Alliance Francaise. I also assured her that I would continue to study French and that I will take advantage of the language courses provided by Quebec when I arrived there. I also told her that I planned to settle in Montreal as it is where more of the 85% of the jobs that are related to my field are located. As I started talking about my field, she asked me if I knew what it took to practice in my field in Quebec. I told her that I would need to be licensed by the Ordres des Ingenieurs du Quebec. Fortunately for me, I can easily get a Junior Engineer designation as my school is part of the Washington Accord and that I did not need to have an Admissions Examination. I also told her to become a full Engineer, I would need 36 months of experience under an already qualified Engineer, pass the Professional Examination, and prove fluency in the French language.

Afterwards, she asked me to describe the work that I do in my current and previous jobs. I responded that I was a software/firmware engineer and described my job functions. After it seemed like she was able to understand what it is I did for a living, she asked one more question. She told me that a Canadian company may not recognize my university as it was not Canadian. She asked me if that was a concern of mine. I told her that it could be a concern. However, as I can easily get a Junior Engineer license from the Ordres des Ingenieurs du Quebec, it would show employers that I indeed had the qualifications for my field of work. After I answered, she told me that I would be given the CSQ and printed out the certificate.

The interview lasted around 45 minutes which surprised me as I thought it would take longer. All in all the interview was more pleasant and less stressful than I thought it would be. I certainly have had much more stressful job interviews. I am not sure if it was due to the fact that I only needed 2 out of 6 adaptability points and couldn't claim points for French language abilities, but the line of questioning was almost entirely in English.

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent alongwith application
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
Hi

Please see the link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/caf.html

PSV said:
Can anyone my friend tell me the funds requirements for quebec immigration for skilled worker.

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
You can ask your employers to provide it stating the reason. If they still dont provide, you can write This detail to MiCC giving them the contact details of your employer.

I ll try to search something on the web for this situation. Good luck.

barcamania said:
Dear friends,

I am writing to ask for your advice.

I applied through Quebec and got my AOR. Now after waiting about a year I received the email stating that I need to provide a paycheck (payslip) to prove my work experience and that contributions were made to Pension Fund and my income tax was withhold from my pay. In my country most companies do not provide you with paychecks and employees get their net salaries (gross - income tax - pension fund contributions) on their bank cards. They can use those cards to make payments, buy groceries or to withdraw cash from ATM.

My question is, what should I do in this situation? I have read a lot of forums and it looks like a letter from the company stating that they have withhold all the contributions on my behalf is not sufficient for immigration purposes. Because that's what I did initially but they reject it and want more proof. Did anyone have the same situation? How did you solve this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

So, what have you guys done during your immigration process. How did you prove the contributions to Social Pension Fund and income tax?

Your fast reply is appreciated in any language.

Thanks in advance.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
RocketCity said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my CSQ Interview Experience. I'm not sure this is the thread to put it, but here goes. Before I start, let me just provide a little information about my application and timeline so far.

My interview was scheduled for 2 o'clock, but I arrived at 1 o'clock as I wanted to make sure I didn't get lost as it was my first time in New York. When I started, I was greeted by the Quebec immigration official. She greeted me in French and I responded in kind. Before we really got into the more difficult questions, she asked me some basic questions in French such as where do you live, how are you, what do you do for a living, etc? Afterwards, she told me what was going to happen during the interview. She said I needed 55 points in order to receive a selection certificate. This was said to me in English. I'm not sure why she switched to English. Perhaps it was because I could not claim any points for French language ability as I only scored an A2.

The first thing she did was to review my records. She asked me about the original information that was provided. She confirmed all of my biographical information. There were a few things that changed since I filed my application, primarily my address and the company I work for. She took note of this and wanted to see my passports and work authorizations. I gave her my current and olders versions of my passports (3) and work authorizations (3). After she looked at my documents, she gave them back to me.

She asked me what I had planned to do in Quebec and what I have done to prepare myself for going to Quebec. I responded that I have tried learning French using a variety of methods including Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, and classes at the local Alliance Francaise. I also assured her that I would continue to study French and that I will take advantage of the language courses provided by Quebec when I arrived there. I also told her that I planned to settle in Montreal as it is where more of the 85% of the jobs that are related to my field are located. As I started talking about my field, she asked me if I knew what it took to practice in my field in Quebec. I told her that I would need to be licensed by the Ordres des Ingenieurs du Quebec. Fortunately for me, I can easily get a Junior Engineer designation as my school is part of the Washington Accord and that I did not need to have an Admissions Examination. I also told her to become a full Engineer, I would need 36 months of experience under an already qualified Engineer, pass the Professional Examination, and prove fluency in the French language.

Afterwards, she asked me to describe the work that I do in my current and previous jobs. I responded that I was a software/firmware engineer and described my job functions. After it seemed like she was able to understand what it is I did for a living, she asked one more question. She told me that a Canadian company may not recognize my university as it was not Canadian. She asked me if that was a concern of mine. I told her that it could be a concern. However, as I can easily get a Junior Engineer license from the Ordres des Ingenieurs du Quebec, it would show employers that I indeed had the qualifications for my field of work. After I answered, she told me that I would be given the CSQ and printed out the certificate.

The interview lasted around 45 minutes which surprised me as I thought it would take longer. All in all the interview was more pleasant and less stressful than I thought it would be. I certainly have had much more stressful job interviews. I am not sure if it was due to the fact that I only needed 2 out of 6 adaptability points and couldn't claim points for French language abilities, but the line of questioning was almost entirely in English.
@ Rocketcity,
Congratulations on ur CSQ

Ji JI

barcamania

Jan 14, 2013
hardik_shah said:
You can ask your employers to provide it stating the reason. If they still dont provide, you can write This detail to MiCC giving them the contact details of your employer.

I ll try to search something on the web for this situation. Good luck.
THANKS

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Rocket. That was a great experience. Your file too was really fast. I wish all BIQs could treat files like they're doing in the Americas

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RocketCity said:

This is the most detailed and well organized interview experience shared here. Thank you so much for giving us a first-hand look. I really hope you get the CSQ. I was just wondering, you are already a US citizen and yet you want to transfer to Quebec? Do you mind telling us the reason behind your desire to transfer? :)

drtomisred

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I applied in Dec 2010 for Quebec prog.
No response from BIQ . Recently got an email from them asking to submit a bunch of documents again.
more or less related to my work in USA.

Can someone please share what docs are they asking for.

They asked for two items and I am not sure what document they are looking for.
1. certificate of work in my current state ( where I am working at present ). {Expérience professionnelle acquise ::: l’original ou copie certifiée conforme de l’attestation de votre travail à Washington, USA, (les contrats de travail et les promesses d’embauche ne sont pas acceptés). Cette attestation d’emploi doit être une version originale ou certifiée conforme par un Notaire public de Washington. Présentement, l’attestation d’emploi à Washington est manquante.}

2. certificate to prove legality of work exp in USA. {attestation de la légalité de votre expérience professionnelle au cours des cinq dernières années}

For jobs in the United States: the legality of professional experience must be certified by the Issuer of the document (eg, Social Security Administration). Certifications made ​​by a Notary are not accepted.
Note: If you can not provide proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums, you must provide the original or certified true copy of the original proof of payment of the income tax.

barcamania

Jan 14, 2013
Dear sirs,

I have one question. Before asking you guys I tried to find an answer myself but no luck....

I am a main applicant. My spouse passed TEFaQ at A2 listening and B1 speaking. On canadavisa.com it says spouses are granted 0-6 points for oral interaction in French, but there are no more details given. My question is how many points she will be granted for the abovementioned results, if any ???

Thank you.

Merci beacoup!

barcamania

Jan 14, 2013
drtomisred said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied in Dec 2010 for Quebec prog.
No response from BIQ . Recently got an email from them asking to submit a bunch of documents again.
more or less related to my work in USA.

Can someone please share what docs are they asking for.

They asked for two items and I am not sure what document they are looking for.
1. certificate of work in my current state ( where I am working at present ). {Expérience professionnelle acquise ::: l'original ou copie certifiée conforme de l'attestation de votre travail à Washington, USA, (les contrats de travail et les promesses d'embauche ne sont pas acceptés). Cette attestation d'emploi doit être une version originale ou certifiée conforme par un Notaire public de Washington. Présentement, l'attestation d'emploi à Washington est manquante.}

2. certificate to prove legality of work exp in USA. {attestation de la légalité de votre expérience professionnelle au cours des cinq dernières années}

For jobs in the United States: the legality of professional experience must be certified by the Issuer of the document (eg, Social Security Administration). Certifications made ​​by a Notary are not accepted.
Note: If you can not provide proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums, you must provide the original or certified true copy of the original proof of payment of the income tax.
Hello. I have received the similar letter. In my case is even more complicated because in my country there are no paycheckes provided. I called them, but customer support don't know the answers, as always ! :((

When you were submitting your application didn't you provide them the payslips from your work??? It was one of the requirements to prove your work experience. I am in U.S. right now, maybe we can talk since we are in the same boat.

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
If you are falling under the new rules, she ll not get any points. Its same for PA and spouse, B2 and above.

barcamania said:
Dear sirs,

I have one question. Before asking you guys I tried to find an answer myself but no luck....

I am a main applicant. My spouse passed TEFaQ at A2 listening and B1 speaking. On canadavisa.com it says spouses are granted 0-6 points for oral interaction in French, but there are no more details given. My question is how many points she will be granted for the abovementioned results, if any ???

Thank you.

Merci beacoup!

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
bosschips said:
This is the most detailed and well organized interview experience shared here. Thank you so much for giving us a first-hand look. I really hope you get the CSQ. I was just wondering, you are already a US citizen and yet you want to transfer to Quebec? Do you mind telling us the reason behind your desire to transfer? :)
Actually, I already received the CSQ. The CSQ is what is issued after the interview with the Quebec mission. I am now getting my application ready for the Federal portion of the process. I actually have two reasons for wanting to apply to Quebec. I am not a US citizen. I am from a Southeast Asian country and I'm currently on a work visa. I have 2.5 years left on my work visa. I've found that many US companies usually wait until 1 to 1.5 years that you have left on your work visa before they sponsor you for permanent residency (if at all). This was the policy in my previous company. In the US, there is no self sponsorship for permanent residency. You either go through the employment based route or the family based route. I have been in the US since I was in middle school as my father did his Masters and PhD degree in the US before going back home, and I did not want to go back to my home country since my native language skills have eroded. My first reason for applying was to have a backup option if the US permanent residency falls through.

The second reason was the potential opportunity of attending medical school. I was fortunate to receive an academic scholarship for my undergraduate studies in the US. I considered going for medical school, but there are many challenges involved in getting admissions into a medical school as a nonresident. The chances were slim as you'd have to really be the best of the best. I also had interest in software/computer engineering. I found out that the best chance to get sponsored for a work visa in the US was through this particular field, so I chose this field for my undergraduate studies. That being said, I've always kept the possibility of attending medical school in my mind as it was still a dream of mine. When I was researching backup options (Canada, UK, Australia, etc.), I found that McGill University has a nontraditional pathway to medical school that was available for candidates that have been out of school for a while. I felt that this route was tailor made for people like me (assuming I can get admitted). It also doesn't hurt that tuition at McGill Medical is ridiculously low for Quebec residents (which would include permanent residents with a CSQ). The cost of tuition for 4 years of medical school at McGill is less than 1 year of tuition at most US medical schools. With this in mind, I chose the Quebec route over any other countries.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RocketCity said:
Actually, I already received the CSQ. The CSQ is what is issued after the interview with the Quebec mission. I am now getting my application ready for the Federal portion of the process. I actually have two reasons for wanting to apply to Quebec. I am not a US citizen. I am from a Southeast Asian country and I'm currently on a work visa. I have 2.5 years left on my work visa. I've found that many US companies usually wait until 1 to 1.5 years that you have left on your work visa before they sponsor you for permanent residency (if at all). This was the policy in my previous company. In the US, there is no self sponsorship for permanent residency. You either go through the employment based route or the family based route. I have been in the US since I was in middle school as my father did his Masters and PhD degree in the US before going back home, and I did not want to go back to my home country since my native language skills have eroded. My first reason for applying was to have a backup option if the US permanent residency falls through.

The second reason was the potential opportunity of attending medical school. I was fortunate to receive an academic scholarship for my undergraduate studies in the US. I considered going for medical school, but there are many challenges involved in getting admissions into a medical school as a nonresident. The chances were slim as you'd have to really be the best of the best. I also had interest in software/computer engineering. I found out that the best chance to get sponsored for a work visa in the US was through this particular field, so I chose this field for my undergraduate studies. That being said, I've always kept the possibility of attending medical school in my mind as it was still a dream of mine. When I was researching backup options (Canada, UK, Australia, etc.), I found that McGill University has a nontraditional pathway to medical school that was available for candidates that have been out of school for a while. I felt that this route was tailor made for people like me (assuming I can get admitted). It also doesn't hurt that tuition at McGill Medical is ridiculously low for Quebec residents (which would include permanent residents with a CSQ). The cost of tuition for 4 years of medical school at McGill is less than 1 year of tuition at most US medical schools. With this in mind, I chose the Quebec route over any other countries.
@RocketCity

That was a nice story. I agree with your decision to choose Canada. With PR, you get to be stable in your decisions for your career. US is not as open as it was years ago. Good luck with the federal stage!

manish1107

Dec 6, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-03-2014
IELTS Request
SEND WITH FILE
File Transfer...
WAIT
Med's Request
WAIT
Med's Done....
WAIT
Interview........
WAIT
Passport Req..
WAIT
VISA ISSUED...
WAIT
LANDED..........
WAIT
mickeymouse21 said:
hi, when did you pass your application? usually it take 4- 6 months for you to get your AOR.
hi i applied on 6 june 2013, file recieved 10 june 2014. and called last week they said your folder is open 17-2-2014, now how many days take for AOR.