Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
mejojo said:
Hi every one, my CSQ interview is on 25th March at Abu Dhabi visa office, any one had been interviewed there?
Hello,

can i know from where you have applied ? ..

mejojo

Dec 17, 2012
signalmaker said:
Hello,

can i know from where you have applied ? ..
I applied from UK as I was student in there at the time I applied, but as I am iranian they send my file to Damascus and then as explained to Abu Dhabi.

azii

May 4, 2013
giri_pk2002 said:
Hi,

I have two questions.

1. Does getting AOR mean that we have enough points?
2. Do they let us know how many points we got in total? When would that be?

Thanks and much appreciated. :)
Giri
AOR is issued when they are sure that you have crossed the minimum points criteria...and they will not inform you regarding total points.. If you had crossed meximum scores set for immigration, then they might waive the interview depending upon your file presentation

kenjiamanos

Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 july 2014
Nomination.....
29 October 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello people,

I was looking for various immigration options for Canada. I was going through the Quebec immigration and spoke to a consultant at my place. Point here is I have all the papers ready except the French tests , what my consultant says is that I can enrol in a French learning institute and get a certificate which is enough to apply at the starting and she also adds that as I'm from the engineering discipline, so I will only need A2 level of French at the interview stage. Now according to the Quebec gov site it clearly says that B2 level is required. But I argued and said them that this is the minimum threshold for French test, but she is very confident and says that she applied like this for a few and awaiting results. So I'm really confused at this stage. Any help here would be appreciated.

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
they updated their website and still no asia. there are 2011 applicants being processd now.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/demande-immigration-general/delais-tableaux.html

barcamania

Jan 14, 2013
iya ibeji said:
hello barcamania,

kindly tell us what country you currently reside so we can make some research on your behalf.

regards,
iya ibeji
Dear Iya Ibeji my country is Azerbaijan (one of former USSR republics)

Thanks in advance

manish1107

Dec 6, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-03-2014
IELTS Request
SEND WITH FILE
File Transfer...
WAIT
Med's Request
WAIT
Med's Done....
WAIT
Interview........
WAIT
Passport Req..
WAIT
VISA ISSUED...
WAIT
LANDED..........
WAIT
bonjour amis,

i called to immigration office and they said my file was opened on 17-2-2104, but problem is that my draft was expired so it should be effect to my file process. and how long will take time for AOR.

mickeymouse21

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
manish1107 said:
bonjour amis,

i called to immigration office and they said my file was opened on 17-2-2104, but problem is that my draft was expired so it should be effect to my file process. and how long will take time for AOR.
hi, when did you pass your application? usually it take 4- 6 months for you to get your AOR.

Johnrumar09

Feb 5, 2014
Hello, Nag Apply ako for QSW Last December 2013 lang thru Agency, then nag IELTS ako then katatanggap lang nila ung mga documents ko this month in Quebec, hintayin ko nalang schedule ko for interview in hongkong accrdng sa agency. curious lang ako kasi sabi ng agent ko english pa din interview pero dapat may knowledge din dapat daw ako sa basic french, is that true? kasi nakaka tense hirap mag aral ng french hihi :eek:. im a Nurse btw. ::)

avinashbajwa

Feb 27, 2014
zweety said:
My documents reached quebec! :'( i dont know with dhl why they were not able to to hold d shipping while it was in hongkong last thurs. So my options now are d number 2 & 3. What's the number and contact person of their help line? Will it work? Does anyone of u encountered d same experience as mine? Thanks

If iam not wrong for all the quebec immigration documents shall be sent to Montreal office.
Thanks

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my CSQ Interview Experience. I'm not sure this is the thread to put it, but here goes. Before I start, let me just provide a little information about my application and timeline so far.

Marital Status: Single
Points Before Interview: 53
Points Needed: 55
Field: Computer Engineer
Level of French: A2
Filed Application: November 2012
AOR Received: February 2013
Interview Waitlisted: November 2013
Interview Confirmation: December 2013
Interview Date/Site: February 2014/New York

My interview was scheduled for 2 o'clock, but I arrived at 1 o'clock as I wanted to make sure I didn't get lost as it was my first time in New York. When I started, I was greeted by the Quebec immigration official. She greeted me in French and I responded in kind. Before we really got into the more difficult questions, she asked me some basic questions in French such as where do you live, how are you, what do you do for a living, etc? Afterwards, she told me what was going to happen during the interview. She said I needed 55 points in order to receive a selection certificate. This was said to me in English. I'm not sure why she switched to English. Perhaps it was because I could not claim any points for French language ability as I only scored an A2.

The first thing she did was to review my records. She asked me about the original information that was provided. She confirmed all of my biographical information. There were a few things that changed since I filed my application, primarily my address and the company I work for. She took note of this and wanted to see my passports and work authorizations. I gave her my current and olders versions of my passports (3) and work authorizations (3). After she looked at my documents, she gave them back to me.

She asked me what I had planned to do in Quebec and what I have done to prepare myself for going to Quebec. I responded that I have tried learning French using a variety of methods including Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, and classes at the local Alliance Francaise. I also assured her that I would continue to study French and that I will take advantage of the language courses provided by Quebec when I arrived there. I also told her that I planned to settle in Montreal as it is where more of the 85% of the jobs that are related to my field are located. As I started talking about my field, she asked me if I knew what it took to practice in my field in Quebec. I told her that I would need to be licensed by the Ordres des Ingenieurs du Quebec. Fortunately for me, I can easily get a Junior Engineer designation as my school is part of the Washington Accord and that I did not need to have an Admissions Examination. I also told her to become a full Engineer, I would need 36 months of experience under an already qualified Engineer, pass the Professional Examination, and prove fluency in the French language.

Afterwards, she asked me to describe the work that I do in my current and previous jobs. I responded that I was a software/firmware engineer and described my job functions. After it seemed like she was able to understand what it is I did for a living, she asked one more question. She told me that a Canadian company may not recognize my university as it was not Canadian. She asked me if that was a concern of mine. I told her that it could be a concern. However, as I can easily get a Junior Engineer license from the Ordres des Ingenieurs du Quebec, it would show employers that I indeed had the qualifications for my field of work. After I answered, she told me that I would be given the CSQ and printed out the certificate.

The interview lasted around 45 minutes which surprised me as I thought it would take longer. All in all the interview was more pleasant and less stressful than I thought it would be. I certainly have had much more stressful job interviews. I am not sure if it was due to the fact that I only needed 2 out of 6 adaptability points and couldn't claim points for French language abilities, but the line of questioning was almost entirely in English.

ernie84

Jul 15, 2013
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
Congrats. Ur timeline is great

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent alongwith application
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
Hi

What she said is partly right, you can submit your application even without a scorecard for french by proving that you are learning and you can update your score afrer you receive file number. It is not officially mandatory to have B2 in french if you have enough points, however having a higher score in french can strenghen your application.

Make sure that you have enough substantiations to claim points, at times these agencies claims points for applicants without enough documentation.

kenjiamanos said:
Hello people,

I was looking for various immigration options for Canada. I was going through the Quebec immigration and spoke to a consultant at my place. Point here is I have all the papers ready except the French tests , what my consultant says is that I can enrol in a French learning institute and get a certificate which is enough to apply at the starting and she also adds that as I'm from the engineering discipline, so I will only need A2 level of French at the interview stage. Now according to the Quebec gov site it clearly says that B2 level is required. But I argued and said them that this is the minimum threshold for French test, but she is very confident and says that she applied like this for a few and awaiting results. So I'm really confused at this stage. Any help here would be appreciated.