+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunkumarsbcn said:
so, should I proceed with any consultancy or file the application myself?

Kindly give me a good solution.
If I were you I would file myself. Actually, that's what I did 8)
The application is designed in a way that you can fill it out yourself. Maybe you can ask here if you need some clarification.

I believe you should get priority processing for your training (nurse), however, you should check whether there is a cutoff score for language proficiency.

If you truly have 54 points, you should think about how you can get an extra point. That way you can save some time, because they will not have to call you for the selection interview.
I'd suggest go to Quebec for 2 weeks and claim the point for that ;-)

Cheers! :)

arunkumarsbcn

Sep 7, 2013
But I am actually a Bsc (N), MBA graduate (MBA done in distance mode) and I calculated myself for the UG degree only but not for the MBA distance. so, under education criterion for Quebec skilled worker program, if I get points for the BSc degree my overall points will be 54 (10 points for UG degree); but, if I score points for MBA also then my overall points would be 56 (12 points for PG degree).

I am not sure whether for CSQ application MBA distance mode is valid for points calculation.

Moreover, the CIC workers are on strike so i am worried after getting CSQ whether my application will be processed delayed .

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can claim more points for MBA. And claim points for training in nursing.
I claimed points for my Masters, but in training I claimed points for my Bachelor. I got the AOR so I guess it's valid.

I think by the time you get your CSQ the strike will be over :)
Federal processing times for Quebec applicants:
www(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca english information times perm skilled-que(dot)asp
(add slashes for blanks)

It would be a good idea to apply now and start learning French. You can add a letter to your application explaining your motivation to learn French. By the time you come to Canada you should be able to speak and understand. It will be important for your job. I have seen nurses in QC who didn't really speak English, but all of them speak French. That's Quebec ;)

It's also possible they will be delaying your application just because of French.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunkumarsbcn said:
But I am actually a Bsc (N), MBA graduate (MBA done in distance mode) and I calculated myself for the UG degree only but not for the MBA distance. so, under education criterion for Quebec skilled worker program, if I get points for the BSc degree my overall points will be 54 (10 points for UG degree); but, if I score points for MBA also then my overall points would be 56 (12 points for PG degree).

I am not sure whether for CSQ application MBA distance mode is valid for points calculation.

Moreover, the CIC workers are on strike so i am worried after getting CSQ whether my application will be processed delayed .
Its too early to worry on CIC front, If you can improve your experience level, you can update the same to the BIQ and they will increase the score by 1 point if you cross three years, and 2 point if you cross 4 years, hence you can file the application now, wait for the file number and update them on the increased experience level as it is complete...

To my knowledge you cannot claim points for masters unless its related to the bachelor degree you hold, or it is a regular course and not a distance learning one..

With all said, you have to remember that Quebec is a predominantly french speaking province. If you want to work as a nurse you should necessarily have sufficient knowledge of french, I hope you will appreciate on the fact that French is almost essential for the profession like yours, hence improving your french skill atleast to the level of A2 or B1 will surely put you on a faster track to immigration...

Even if you score 55, immigration department will give preference to the one with French skill, and delay your application. Note that, I am not discouraging you on French, but, its an easy language, and you should put little more effort on it...its also not mandated that one with 55 will be given CSQ, hence you have high chance of being called for interview too...

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
proreo said:
Who else feels betrayed?

Federal made retroactive changes, however, they returned the apps with the fees.
Quebec is keeping our money and apps, and generously letting us improve our French.

Do you think they will let us update other aspects of applications as well, for example English, stay in Quebec etc.?
If you are genuinely interested in settling in Quebec then you would take the time and put in the effort to learn French to the required level. Why wouldn't you if it is your dream and you very much want to live in Quebec!!! French can be learnt very quickly with intensive courses.

It is becoming more and more clear as i read this and other forums, that many people are using the Quebec PNP as it is one of the easiest route into Canada. I think that the people at MICC have realised this, and think that if someone is genuinely interested, then they will make the effort.

I would love to see how many people who are genuinely interested in Quebec actually go for extra French courses.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
I would be interested to know, but I know no one will be honest enough.

How many people are using Québec PNP just to get into Canada and have no intention of staying in Québec?

I would be interested to see how many applications are retracted as it has become harder to get into Québec for those not willing to put the effort into learning French, why learn if your not going to stay.

I appologise in advance to those who are genuinely seeking to settle in Québec.

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
If you are genuinely interested in settling in Quebec then you would take the time and put in the effort to learn French to the required level. Why wouldn't you if it is your dream and you very much want to live in Quebec!!! French can be learnt very quickly with intensive courses.

It is becoming more and more clear as i read this and other forums, that many people are using the Quebec PNP as it is one of the easiest route into Canada. I think that the people at MICC have realised this, and think that if someone is genuinely interested, then they will make the effort.

I would love to see how many people who are genuinely interested in Quebec actually go for extra French courses.
I am and I did TEFAQ in October last year. I will, of course, retake the exam, however, it's not fair to change rules on the fly and apply them retroactively. Had I known I needed B2, I would have studied more and taken TEFAQ later, thus saving money among other things. Had I known that I would have acted differently. That's what I don't like about this change.

And yes again, I wanna settle in Quebec and live there, but not 5 years from now.. What's the point then?

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
I would be interested to know, but I know no one will be honest enough.

How many people are using Québec PNP just to get into Canada and have no intention of staying in Québec?

I would be interested to see how many applications are retracted as it has become harder to get into Québec for those not willing to put the effort into learning French, why learn if your not going to stay.

I appologise in advance to those who are genuinely seeking to settle in Québec.
I can't think of any valid statistic. Why? Because if you move to Quebec and can't find a job in your field, would you rather stay there and work for $10/hour in Starbucks, or would you accept an offer in your field from Edmonton? Or you fall in love and your sweetheart moves back to PEI... You dump her or move with her?

Things change, people change.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:

I have decided not to go for any french course as of now, and want to leave the decision on BIQ. I can learn French only when I am in Quebec and that can only give me a faster grasp on the language. Also, learning French cannot be seen as a Criteria that a Professional will stick on to the province, and I have seen people with both French and English, choosing non quebec Province. And people with only English settling in Quebec too, Thus we cannot generalize the success of candidate based on the language. However, for people whose profession involves lot of interactions in French, like a Nurse, Teacher, Construction Engineer, they may have to necessarily take up French. But other profession like Aeronautical Engineer, and Chemical Engineer, can thrive without French in Quebec without issues, and gradually pick up on the language...Also Quebec does not need French alone, they give points for children, they give points for profession and many more and they want people who can contribute to the economy of Quebec(profession) , long term contribution(kids), and Language.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
I have decided not to go for any french course as of now, and want to leave the decision on BIQ. I can learn French only when I am in Quebec and that can only give me a faster grasp on the language. Also, learning French cannot be seen as a Criteria that a Professional will stick on to the province, and I have seen people with both French and English, choosing non quebec Province. And people with only English settling in Quebec too, Thus we cannot generalize the success of candidate based on the language. However, for people whose profession involves lot of interactions in French, like a Nurse, Teacher, Construction Engineer, they may have to necessarily take up French. But other profession like Aeronautical Engineer, and Chemical Engineer, can thrive without French in Quebec without issues, and gradually pick up on the language...Also Quebec does not need French alone, they give points for children, they give points for profession and many more and they want people who can contribute to the economy of Quebec(profession) , long term contribution(kids), and Language.
wrong wrong stupid stupid thinking... :p
u didn't understand, they will send you letter 12 months to learn French and get b2

that's what I understood, so start from now,
recently most who went to interview even b4 December 2011 where asked for French exam, then after sending results they received CSQ by email.

these friends were fluent French, so they letter is read from the topic ;)

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
oszi said:
I agree, if you applied before 1st of August, and new rules apply to you, then if the principal applicant had at least A2 (for DELF A2 with 16+ score out of 25), and points are between

• 39-49 for single applicant
  • 43-57 for those with spouse where both had A2+
  • or 47-57 with spouse, where only one of them had A2+

will get 18 months to improve french to at least B2, or higher, to reach 49/57 points for preliminary examination.

If you still have at least 49/57 with language points by the new rules, then they will start preliminary examination / interview call etc. normally, as B2 is not mandatory for processing.
I've submitted my DELF A2 but got less than 16... Shall I be not considered NOW? Kindly clarify...
P.S. I'm a single Applicant and after cut off, I've only 47 points...

If I took a TCFaQ and get result of B1 and B2... Shall MICC give me 5 points for 1 module??? or B2 in each module is mandatory to get any points??? please explain...

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
proreo said:
I can't think of any valid statistic. Why? Because if you move to Quebec and can't find a job in your field, would you rather stay there and work for $10/hour in Starbucks, or would you accept an offer in your field from Edmonton? Or you fall in love and your sweetheart moves back to PEI... You dump her or move with her?

Things change, people change.
You kind of missed the point, I am not talking about those who have tried to settle. These would be classed as genuine, their reason for leaving Québec would be economic and not because they just wanted to get into Canada.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
You kind of missed the point, I am not talking about those who have tried to settle. These would be classed as genuine, their reason for leaving Québec would be economic and not because they just wanted to get into Canada.
you know they are asking some ppl to sign application that they will live in quebec and some other application that they will work in quebec

it not a game,,

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
wrong wrong stupid stupid thinking... :p
u didn't understand, they will send you letter 12 months to learn French and get b2

that's what I understood, so start from now,
recently most who went to interview even b4 December 2011 where asked for French exam, then after sending results they received CSQ by email.

these friends were fluent French, so they letter is read from the topic ;)
Lemans207, the fact is its difficult for me to learn french because of my personal situation, and if i have to start learning for a B2 level from scratch, Its just impossible within 12 months, with family commitments behind, I dont want to take the hard decision of going to classes, and finally attaining less than B2 is not going to help...If Quebec need me just for other reasons, I am happy to settle in that beautiful land, but, if they want to ignore me just for the case of my french, I am happy to take it as well, as my personal situation does not guarantee me anytime for French. Note that, what all I have told are just my opinion based on the circumstance I am in...

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
khan123 said:
I've submitted my DELF A2 but got less than 16... Shall I be not considered NOW? Kindly clarify...
P.S. I'm a single Applicant and after cut off, I've only 47 points...

If I took a TCFaQ and get result of B1 and B2... Shall MICC give me 5 points for 1 module??? or B2 in each module is mandatory to get any points??? please explain...
Unfortunately I think if you sent DELF A2 with less than 16 points in both listening and speaking, than they will just refuse... Were both modules below 16?

Otherwise the answer to the other question is that B2 in one module is enough, if you reach 49+ by that.