QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:
If pre. exam. begun after 1st of August, you will be notified to improve your french to B2 within 18 months (as you now have only 55 points if no change in AOT points, which is not enough for pre. exam.)

If pre. exam. begun before 1st of August, you are ok.
dear oazi

thank u so much for your reply. and as per the update with me for my case they were working on my file in the first week of july 2013.

now suppose if they have started after 1st august do I need to calculate my french points or without french points

pls share

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
Hallooooozzzzzzz,

can anyone explain to me what preliminary examination mean and how to know if the preliminary examination of my application is done or no.
i applied since May 2011 and Got AOR AUg 2011.

thank you

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
I agree, if you applied before 1st of August, and new rules apply to you, then if the principal applicant had at least A2 (for DELF A2 with 16+ score out of 25), and points are between

• 39-49 for single applicant
  • 43-57 for those with spouse where both had A2+
  • or 47-57 with spouse, where only one of them had A2+

will get 18 months to improve french to at least B2, or higher, to reach 49/57 points for preliminary examination.

If you still have at least 49/57 with language points by the new rules, then they will start preliminary examination / interview call etc. normally, as B2 is not mandatory for processing.
Thank you so much !

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Hoback said:
I was pretty sure, there wouldn't be any official notice regarding new rules of admission and files processing. 18 months is a plenty of time.
18 months is not a plenty of time, the certificate takes 4 months to come from france, also you need to rejister with the exam times you have in your country or nearest country, and you will have to study to improve from A2 to B2

the 18 months is a small period of time !

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:
That is an interesting case. For example, my application was received middle of January, but the only date I could ever get from them, was a date for the opening of my file, end of February. So almost 1,5 months was gone, before they officially opened it.

The exact quote from the new document:

"Candidats qui ont présenté une demande d'immigration avant le 1er août 2013 pour laquelle
l'examen préliminaire n'a pas débuté et qui, par conséquent, se voient appliquer la
nouvelle grille de sélection (exigences appliquées à l'examen préliminaire avec nouvelle grille
de pondération)"

Translation:

"Candidates who have submitted an application for immigration before August 1, 2013 for which
preliminary examination has not started and therefore are assigned the
new selection grid (requirements applied to the preliminary examination with new grid
weighting)"

What they EXACTLY mean by that, god knows. I hope in your case they will not take the base date of opening the file, or you could get into the post-1st-of-August category, and if you really sent it with A2/A2 only, they could just refuse. Call their Call Center tomorrow, and tell them, you need to know the status of your application, and that you do not have a reference number yet (do you?). They will find you by name, date of birth, country of birth. Ask about the date of opening the file. That is the only way to know for sure...
Dear Oszi .

Many thanks for your support and ur advice

really i appreciated so much

look dear frds i want to inform u that when i sent my file in the first time in ( march ) it is returned to me unfortunately because im not sending the original certificate for Delf so i receivd my file in april with ( Refrence NUmber ) , and then i sent my file for the second time in june after i received the official & original certificatee from france cuz it is takes more than 4 months

really it is out of my hand because i already do it the test on december so the certiciate received from france after 5 months it is horrible really

anyway my question to u dear frds

am i cuz i ahve refrence number i will be under which criteria 2 or 3

appreciate recieved your feedback

thanks in advance
cheers :)

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:
From the document:

"In accordance with the rule changes on the selection of nationals foreign (RSFN) and Regulations respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign aliens who have entered into force on 1 st August 2013, the immigration officer may now offer reference francisation the stage of preliminary examination. Therefore, there two cases of possible applications: ...."

Offers need some kind of communication for sure... ;)
Dear Oszo . :)
Au moment de l’examen préliminaire, la référence en francisation n’est possible que si le requérant principal possède déjà un niveau intermédiaire faible, de niveau de compétences 5 ou 6 de l’Échelle québécoise (soit B1).

Dear frds as per the above text i have queswtion that mean in the time of l’examen préliminaire if im not submit the minimum French test B1 my will will reject ......

so the question ,

is the meaning of l’examen préliminaire the time that open file after 1 year or the time that they opend my file for the first time before sending file number and received the fees ????

appreciate receive your advice about my question ,

all in all dear i put it all my life between god so i said as god willing

but u know my situation i just want to understand my situation before i decided anything that only

God Is Exist :)

appreciate receive your feedback frds :)
god bless u

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
18 months is not a plenty of time, the certificate takes 4 months to come from france, also you need to rejister with the exam times you have in your country or nearest country, and you will have to study to improve from A2 to B2

the 18 months is a small period of time !
ppl who study 14 years French during school are getting b1 :D

its a big lie very difficult from a2 to b2

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
mina_monmon said:
Dear Oszo . :)
Au moment de l'examen préliminaire, la référence en francisation n'est possible que si le requérant principal possède déjà un niveau intermédiaire faible, de niveau de compétences 5 ou 6 de l'Échelle québécoise (soit B1).

Dear frds as per the above text i have queswtion that mean in the time of l'examen préliminaire if im not submit the minimum French test B1 my will will reject ......

so the question ,

is the meaning of l'examen préliminaire the time that open file after 1 year or the time that they opend my file for the first time before sending file number and received the fees ????

appreciate receive your advice about my question ,

all in all dear i put it all my life between god so i said as god willing

but u know my situation i just want to understand my situation before i decided anything that only

God Is Exist :)

appreciate receive your feedback frds :)
god bless u
Minimum B1 (to be eligible to get 12 months to improve to B2) only applies to those, who sent their file AFTER 1st of August. If you sent it before 1st of August, and lack some points to reach 49/57, you only need A2 sent with application, and you will get 18 months to reach B2.

Preliminary examination happens many-many months or even years after AOR received. Basically preliminary examination happens just before you get notification, that you are queued for interview (or in some rare cases get waiver, PERM124b notification and CSQ). So if someone did not get anything after AOR yet, or not even AOR, then their preliminary examination has not started yet.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:
Minimum B1 (to be eligible to get 12 months to improve to B2) only applies to those, who sent their file AFTER 1st of August. If you sent it before 1st of August, and lack some points to reach 49/57, you only need A2 sent with application, and you will get 18 months to reach B2.

Preliminary examination happens many-many months or even years after AOR received. Basically preliminary examination happens just before you get notification, that you are queued for interview (or in some rare cases get waiver, PERM124b notification and CSQ). So if someone did not get anything after AOR yet, or not even AOR, then their preliminary examination has not started yet.
ozi do you know that ppl who land with low level French, they get free courses from quebec govern and get payed 500-600$ pocket money

so guess with this smart plan,
you do French on your own,
you will be b2 level, you will not think to leave to federal

very smart act

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:

Dear frds ,

as i got it from u friend . most probably i will be under criteria number 2 becuase i have sent my file before 1 of augest ,

but it is point it makes me confusion ...

they depond on the date that deliver file or the date that they open file for the first time

Please i Need advice about this point ?

Thanks in Advance :)

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
ozi do you know that ppl who land with low level French, they get free courses from quebec govern and get payed 500-600$ pocket money

so guess with this smart plan,
you do French on your own,
you will be b2 level, you will not think to leave to federal

very smart act
Totally Agree with u frds
they need to prevent immigrant land in Fedral :)
and on the other hand they need to decrease the expenses for courses .

Very Very Smart Decision frds

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
ppl who study 14 years French during school are getting b1 :D

its a big lie very difficult from a2 to b2
That's seems insane, 14 years ;D I managed B1 in 3 months. But I feel that there's a big gap between B1 and B2.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
That's seems insane, 14 years ;D I managed B1 in 3 months. But I feel that there's a big gap between B1 and B2.
b1 for TCFQ is nothing, if you take tcf or tef youll get a2 maybe the educational, also
try from b1 to b2 tcfq so hard

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Guys, check this document out http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&gpiType=N&file=NPI2013-016.pdf&eoq=36870

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
alexey_nathan said:
Guys, check this document out http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&gpiType=N&file=NPI2013-016.pdf&eoq=36870
yeah it is an important one, we have been talking about it ...