Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
signalmaker said:
Alexey,

you got your AOR officialy in June no ? why you are feeling bad ?
That's the thing – AOR doesn't help, according to that FAQ my file is going to be treated under new rules, your as well (if your profile info is relevant) – you got your AOR Nov 26th 2012, and if you haven't received anything else you'll be treated under new rules as well.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
That's the thing – AOR doesn't help, according to that FAQ my file is going to be treated under new rules, your as well (if your profile info is relevant) – you got your AOR Nov 26th 2012, and if you haven't received anything else you'll be treated under new rules as well.

from Asia people applied in 2011 haven't received anything from them ! they are mad they just want our money to run their economy they collected the money from Asia and run their immigration department

HP110

Aug 22, 2013
Good morning, Iam applying an application for Quebec Immigration and One documents needed is a Certificate of Exempt to pay an income tax. Do you know which office in the Qatar can provide such a certificate ?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
alexey_nathan said:
I guess you are right ..

will your total points be less than minimum if they cancel the French for you ?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
I guess you are right ..

This is a complete injustice to the applicants from asia and who haven't received any corsspondence from them since last 2 years - I was thinking one thing in the next year there are new rules where certain Aot are acceptable and persons who hve applied with the older rules will again came into effect ! Quebec immigration is the most immature pathetic immigration with most unethical staff and minister

Dreamland1234

Jul 19, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-02-2016
Med's Request
16-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-216
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Brother there will be no result at all I was a FSW applicant before February, 2008. Challenged in the Federal Court but unfortunately no result. I applied for CSQ and received AOR on May, 2013. Don't know whether I am affected by the new rule. If new rule applicable for me I will loose 6 points. However, persuing my french language improvement and trying to get the level B2 before interview. I would suggest, you also try to follow the rule rather challenging their law. You will just loose money and time.

Hope for the best.

djolens1

Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
B501
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Interview........
Put on interview waiting list 26-11-2014
Hallo,

can anyone tell me how they count points for French and English according to the new rules?

By the way, I am an applicant from Eastern Europe, sent my file in March 2013 and received AOR in May 2013, no correspondence since and I will be affected by the new rules.
When they apply new rules on my file, I will not have enough points.

Best luck to everyone!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
djolens1 said:
Hallo,

can anyone tell me how they count points for French and English according to the new rules?

By the way, I am an applicant from Eastern Europe, sent my file in March 2013 and received AOR in May 2013, no correspondence since and I will be affected by the new rules.
When they apply new rules on my file, I will not have enough points.

Best luck to everyone!
they will contact you to give you some time to take courses and get some points ..

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
signalmaker said:
I guess you are right ..

I get only 48 points if they cancel my A2 French, but I sent an update of work experience (they received it but haven't updated the file yet), this will add 2 points and I end up with 50 points.

How about you? What's your story with these new rules?

Dipolog

Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Waiting!!!!
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
is this real or not? why old applicants will hit by the new rules? may i know what source you get this info?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
FAQ by the ministry , updated yesterday Aug 21th .. look at the french version they haven't put it in the English Version yet.

sarrie143

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
09-10-2014
Med's Request
November 21, 2014
Med's Done....
December 8, 2014
Interview........
waived?
Passport Req..
January 6, 2015
guys i would lime to ask if its ok to apply as live in caregiver and at the same time apply as quebec skilled worker as nurse? or i can just apply for 1?thank you

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
maxCoder said:
My Degree (Diploma) certificate states Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering clearly. But my Work-ex states Software Developer and Software Engineer.
Also, i asked if this profession comes under any regulated profession. Please throw some light on that.
And thanks for the response :)
Guys suggest plz ...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
maxCoder said:
Guys suggest plz ...
what i am sure of, you will not take points for Experinece is they see in your work letter titles like Software Engineer or anything related to Software.

And Yes Computer Enginner is Regulates, But if you went to work into a Software company or at least something relate to Computers but not PURE Engineering, you wont be asked to prove any regulartity, and ofcorse your employer s forbidden to give you any title that have Enginner in it ...

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration Rules and Procedures in effect since August 1, 2013

1. I submitted an immigration application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. How do I know if the new measures apply to me?

The new measures apply to you if, by August 1, 2013, you received one of the following documents from the Ministère:

an acknowledgement confirming that your file has been opened and the fees received;
an acknowledgement as well as a letter asking you to provide missing documents or conforming documents in order to process your application.

If, on August 1, 2013, you were in one of the situations described below, it means that your file has already being processed. Therefore, the new measures do not apply to you.

You were convened to a selection interview that will take place in the next few weeks or months;
You received a letter entitled “Demande en attente d’entrevue de selection” (application pending a selection interview) informing you that the initial evaluation of your application is complete and that you will soon be convened to an interview;
You received a letter entitled “Demande en attente de decision” (application pending a decision) informing you that we will contact you once a decision has been made;
You received a letter entitled “Intention de refus” (intent to refuse the application), informing you that you must submit other documents or information that will allow us to continue to review your file;
You have already had a selection interview and your file has not been finalized.

For more information about the rules and procedures effective August 1, 2013, consult the page Immigration Rules and Procedures.

2. Are there transitional measures for candidates who presented an application before August 1, 2013?

No. However, the Ministère will grant additional time to candidates who have not attained an advanced intermediate level of French so that they can improve their knowledge of French.

3. I submitted my immigration application before August 1, 2013. Will it be processed based on the new rules for the intake of applications effective August 1, 2013?

No. Applications received before August 1, 2013 are reviewed according to the rules for the intake of applications effective at the time they were received.

The news rules for the intake of applications were first applied on August 1, 2013.

Moreover, the rules regarding the maximum number of applications for a selection certificate that will be reviewed by the Ministère do not change Québec’s immigration objectives (PDF, 219 Ko). By limiting the number of applications received, the Ministère will be able to process a greater number of pending applications thereby reducing processing times.

4. I submitted my immigration application before August 1, 2013 and now I would like to add my spouse to my application. Will the evaluation of the information pertaining to my spouse’s file be based on the new rules in effect?

If the review of the file began before August 1, 2013 or if a decision was already made, the rules effective at the time the principal applicant submitted the file will apply when your spouse’s application is added. Otherwise, the application will be processed according to the new rules.

5. Will the Ministère inform all candidates who have already submitted their file and who are affected by the changes effective August 1, 2013?

No. The Ministère will contact candidates if they are missing any information required for the review of their file or as soon as a decision has been made.

All of the information pertaining to the changes to immigration rules and procedures has been available on the Ministère’s website since July 8, 2013.

6. Will the new rules and procedures effective August 1, 2013 result in longer processing times?

No. The new rules and procedures will not cause any delay in the processing of immigration applications.

7. The new form to apply for a Certificat de sélection du Québec has been available online since August 1, 2013. Will the Ministère still accept applications submitted on the old form?

Applications submitted on the old form will be accepted up to December 1, 2013. After this date, new applications must be submitted on the new form.

However, it is recommended that applicants use the more recent version of the immigration application, available on the Ministère’s website.

Language knowledge
8. I submitted my immigration application before August 1, 2013. Does the increased level required to obtain points for the Language knowledge factor apply to my application?

All of the applications are processed according to the new rules, with the exception of those for which processing began before August 1, 2013. To find out if the review of your application has begun, refer to the answer to Question 1.

The increased level required to obtain points for the Language knowledge factor applies to all applications submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program, the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec experience program), as well as under the Investor, Self-employed Worker and Entrepreneur programs, effective August 1, 2013.

9. I submitted my immigration application without providing an attestation of the results of a written language knowledge test. Is it too late for this attestation to be added to my file?

No. It is still possible for a candidate to update a file. Consult the page Knowledge of French and English for more information on the tests recognized by the Ministère.

10. When I submitted my immigration application, I had beginner or intermediate knowledge of French. What do you advise me to do?

Since August 1, 2013, the advanced intermediate level has become the minimum threshold for which points are attributed for knowledge of oral and written French.

You can update your file by taking, for example, one or more refresher courses and then submitting the results obtained on a standardized language knowledge test.

Consult the page Knowledge of French and English to obtain more information about the tests recognized by the Ministère.

If you wish to contact us, make sure to indicate in your correspondence the file number assigned to you by the Ministère. You will find this number on the acknowledgment that was sent to you following receipt of your application.

11. What will happen to my file if I am missing two points to qualify and these two points could have been obtained by submitting the results of a standardized test for written French?

If it is clearly demonstrated that the two missing points could have been obtained by points attributed for knowledge of written French, a letter of intent to refuse the application will be sent to you, granting you a timeframe to present the results of a standardized test or proof of registration for a standardized test recognized by the Ministère.

12. How do the new regulatory requirements affect the evaluation of language knowledge for applications submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program?

Points for knowledge of French are attributed to candidates with an advanced intermediate level of French. These points are allocated as follows: a maximum of 14 points for oral and a maximum of 2 points for written. For English knowledge, points are only attributed as of the intermediate level: a maximum of 4 points for oral and a maximum of 2 points for written.

13. Do I have to submit the results of a written English test when I submit my application?

Any candidate who submits an application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program can obtain points for knowledge of written English. To do so, the candidate must submit the results of a standardized test.

Consult the page Knowledge of French and English to obtain more information about the tests recognized by the Ministère.

14. Can I submit the results of French test offered by professional order in Québec?

No. You must submit the results of a standardized test recognized by the Ministère. For more information on the tests recognized by the Ministère, consult the page Knowledge of French and English.

2013 List of areas of training
15. I submitted my immigration application before August 1, 2013. Will it be reviewed according to the 2013 List of areas of training?

All applications are reviewed according to the 2013 List of areas of training, with the exception of those for which review began before August 1, 2013. To find out if the review of your application has begun, refer to the answer to Question 1.

16. How can I evaluate my chances of being selected by Québec?

You can complete the Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration. This online tool allows you to evaluate your changes of being selected by Québec.

17. Can I submit an application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program even if no points are attributed to my area of training?

Yes. You can submit an application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. However, please be advised that your application will not be eligible for priority processing.

Businesspeople
18. I submitted an application under the Investor Program and I have dual nationality. According to which nationality will my application be processed?

Your application will be processed according to your current country of residence.

19. Is the list of essential documents that must be provided by candidates submitting an application under the Investor Program the same as the one for candidates submitting an application under the Entrepreneur Program or the Self-employed Worker Program?

No. The lists for these three programs are different.

20. Can candidates who wish to submit an application under the Entrepreneur Program or the Self-employed Worker Program still do so?

Yes. As long as the maximum threshold has not been attained (500 files for both programs), applications can be submitted.

Immigrating or staying in Québec to work

1. Can I find out what my chances are of qualifying to immigrate to Québec?

Evaluation online your chances of being selected by Québec.

In addition, go to the Permanent workers section for a typical procedure that presents information as well as the steps you must follow to successfully immigrate.

2. Why do I have to complete different procedures with the gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Canada?

For the answer to this question, go to Permanent workers – The difference between the selection and admission of workers.

3. What steps do I need to follow to immigrate to Québec to work?

The Permanent workers section provides a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow to immigrate.

4. What is the purpose of the list of areas of training?

The List of areas of training is intended to identify candidates who have earned diplomas or degrees in areas with good medium-term job prospects. It is compiled with particular regard to Québec job market requirements. The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC). If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made.

List of areas of training.

5. What are the prerequisites for immigrating to Québec as a worker?

The Permanent workers section provides information on the prerequisites for immigrating to Québec as well as a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow to to carry out your immigration plan.

6. What are the timeframes and costs related to immigrating?

The Permanent workers section provides information on the fees and processing times for an application for a Québec selection certificate.

This section also provides a list of all of the costs involved in immigrating.

7. Can I obtain information on the Québec job market?

The Employment section provides firsthand information on employment in Québec and a series of useful links to visit.

8. Can I obtain information on how to search for a job in Québec?

Go to Employment – Looking for and finding a job for basic information on job search techniques and useful links to visit.

9. Can I obtain information on professional orders?

Go to Employment – Finding out about regulated professions or trades for detailed information on professions regulated by professional orders and useful links to visit.

10. Can I obtain information on regulated trades within the construction industry and outside the construction industry?

Go to Employment – Finding out about regulated professions or trades for detailed information on trades regulated by a regulatory body and useful links to visit.

11. Is it possible to evaluate my studies completed abroad before immigrating?

The section Education – Comparative Evaluation for Studies Done Outside Québec explains if the Comparative Evaluation for Studies Done Outside Québec conducted by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles applies in your case and when to request the evaluation.

12. What conditions must be met to work temporarily in Québec?

Go to Temporary workers – Obtaining the authorizations to work temporarily in Québec for information on the conditions for working temporarily in Québec. Note that your future employer must complete most of the steps.

13. I received a job offer from Québec for a contract of a few months. What procedures must I follow?

The section Temporary workers provides a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow to work temporarily in Québec. You will find that it is your future employer’s responsibility to initiate most of the steps.

14. What form do I have to complete to apply to stay in Québec and where can I obtain it?

Go to Temporary workers – Obtaining the authorizations to work temporarily in Québec for the steps you must follow to obtain authorization from Québec and the Canadian government to come work temporarily in Québec. You will find that it is your future employer’s responsibility to initiate most of the steps.

Read the entire Temporary workers section. It provides a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow.

Staying in Québec to study

1. What do I need to do to study in Québec?

Go to Foreign students for a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow to come study in Québec.

Important! You must be admitted into a Québec educational institution before submitting applications for authorization to study in Québec (Québec certificate of acceptance for studies, study permit and entry visa).

The Education section also provides important information on the Québec school system.

2. Who do I have to contact to submit an application to stay in Québec?

Go to Foreign students – Obtaining the necessary authorizations to study in Québec for an explanation of the steps you must follow to obtain authorizations from Québec and the Canadian government to come study in Québec.

Read the entire Foreign students section. It provides a typical procedure with all of the steps you must follow.

3. What form do I have to complete to submit an application to stay in Québec and where can I obtain it?

Go to Foreign students – Obtaining the necessary authorizations to study in Québec for an explanation of the steps you must follow to obtain authorizations from Québec and the Canadian government to come study in Québec.

Read the entire Foreign students section. It provides a typical procedure with all of the steps you must follow.

4. I will soon be completing my studies in Québec and I have found a job in Québec.

Go to Foreign students – Holding temporary employment after you graduate for an explanation of the conditions for being permitted to work in Québec once you have completed your studies.

5. Can foreign students obtain loans and bursaries?

The Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) does not provide scholarships. For more information on this subject and for useful links, go to Foreign students – Financial assistance.

6. How much does it cost to obtain a Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ – Québec Acceptance Certificate)?

Go to Foreign students – Required fees.

7. I studied abroad and would like to know if my studies will be recognized in Québec. What do I need to do?

Go to Education – Comparative Evaluation for Studies Done Outside Québec.

8. I hold various diplomas awarded outside Québec. How do I find out their equivalency in Québec?

The Education – Comparative Evaluation for Studies Done Outside Québec explains if the Comparative Evaluation for Studies Done Outside Québec conducted by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles, applies in your case and how to request one.

9. Can I obtain information on the Québec education system and educational institutions?

The Education section provides important information on the Québec school system and useful links to visit.

Sponsorship program

1. What do I need to do to sponsor a member of my family?

The Sponsors and sponsored persons section provides a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow to sponsor a member of your family.

Note that you must first start the sponsorship process with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Immigrating to Québec for business

1. Why do I have to follow different steps with the Government of Québec and the Government of Canada?

For the answer to this question, go to Businesspeople – Distinguishing between the selection and the admission of businesspeople.

2. I have business and management experience. What procedure must I follow to immigrate?

The Businesspeople section provides a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow carry out your immigration plan.

3. What are the prerequisites for immigrating as a businessperson?

Go to Businesspeople – 3 immigration programs for businesspeople for the prerequisites for submitting an application as an entrepreneur, self-employed worker or investor.

The Businesspeople section provides a typical procedure that explains all of the steps you must follow to carry out your immigration plan.

4. What are the costs and timeframes for immigrating?

The Businesspeople section provides information on the costs and processing times for an application for a Québec selection certificate.

5. Who do I need to contact to submit an immigration application if I am already in Québec?

The immigration application must be sent to the office serving your usual country of residence. The Businesspeople section provides a typical procedure with all of the steps you must follow to carry out your immigration plan.

6. What forms do I need to complete to submit an immigration application and where can I obtain them?

If you are submitting an application as a self-employed worker (immigration programs for businesspeople), you must first evaluate online your chances of being selected by Québec. If the answer is positive, you can then submit an application for a Québec selection certificate.

To find out about all of the steps you must follow to successfully immigrate, go to Businesspeople.

7. Can I obtain assistance to open a business in Québec?

Go to Businesspeople – Developing your business project and Businesspeople – Going into business to obtain information on business plans and business start-up as well as useful links.

8. Can I obtain documentation on starting a business in Québec, taxation, etc.?

Go to Businesspeople – Finding out about Québec and the business environment for basic information on these subjects and useful links to visit.

9. Can I get information on the Québec economy?

Go to Businesspeople – Finding out about Québec and the business environment for basic information on the Québec economy and useful links to visit.

10. Why is an exploratory trip to Québec recommended before immigrating?

The Businesspeople –Making an exploratory trip to Québec section provides reasons for travelling to Québec to learn about its business environment and explains how to prepare for it.

they have posted FAQ in english