+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

blackcap99

Sep 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your help.
I have few other questions as follows,

1. For verifying date of birth they require True Copy of Birth Certificate. My question is that Can I submit true copy (attested by notary public) of my national ID card over which my date of birth is clearly mentioned and it is issued by National Database and Registration Authority.

2. For verifying my and my wife's degree and transcripts they require true copy of these documents. My question is Can I get these documents attested from any notary public or I will have to get them attested as true copy from the issuer authority only.

Thanks and Best Regards

Rizwan Ali

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
blackcap99 said:
Dear Friends,

1. For verifying date of birth they require True Copy of Birth Certificate. My question is that Can I submit true copy (attested by notary public) of my national ID card over which my date of birth is clearly mentioned and it is issued by National Database and Registration Authority.

2. For verifying my and my wife's degree and transcripts they require true copy of these documents. My question is Can I get these documents attested from any notary public or I will have to get them attested as true copy from the issuer authority only.

Thanks and Best Regards

Rizwan Ali

For your first question, I think they expressly requested for a true copy of the birth certificate. If you are going to provide them with the national ID card, I guess you will have to thoroughly explain to them why and it will be subject to the Immigration Officer's judgement. For your second question, notary public of the country that issued that document should suffice. Look at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/documents-dcs-en-dyn.pdf. Hope this helps :)

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
signalmaker said:
Guys as i promised , i have finished translating the session, please note:

1) this is my own translation from french to english and not official from any website.
2) the numbering of the question is not as they were answered in the session, becasue i skipped some questions that we are not interested in.

Good luck to all of us.

Thanks, Signalmaker, for the translation. My question is, if old rules are going to be applied with the exception of French language skills wherein one needs B2 level in order to get points, how come this is not published at all in the website? Or is it published and I just missed it? What I only see in the website is that it's either old rules or new rules, not old rules except for French language, as this guy is saying. And how come he just kept on answering people's questions and in the process, kept on contradicting himself? Surely, being a spokesperson, he would know when he is already contradicting himself, right? And he would know if he is already being vague. I mean, that comes with the position of being a spokesperson; he should know the ins and outs of the rules, and how and when they are going to be applied. So, given this situation, I think he should have taken the time to state all the parameters first, how they would handle those received before Dec. 6, 2011, those received from Dec. 6, 2011 up to July 31, 2013, and those received on August 1, 2013 and onwards. I believe all these time periods have different rules, therefore, him simply saying "old" and "new" rules while discussing these different time periods will only make everything unclear. From my perspective, "old" and "new" are very relative terms. Looking at this, I feel that even BIQ is unsure of how they are going to be applying the rules because if they were, it would have been an easy matter of delineating what rules will apply on each time period. Unless they're purposely doing this, making the process not transparent at all, to give them much discretion over the selection of the applications, which can be quite unfair, in my opinion. :(

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
blackcap99 said:
Dear Friends,

Thanks and Best Regards

Rizwan Ali
1) National ID doesn't substitute for Birth Certificate. I also had the same issue when I applied and I had to submit the original because in my country copies of Birth Certificates aren't certified by issuing authorities. If you can obtain a certified true copy that would be good because notarized copy isn't a required format and there's no guarantees that application will be processed.

2) Notarized copies of educational documents are acceptable for application to a professional body that governs your profession, but for a CSQ application you need to submit only certified true copies. They have to be certified by issuing educational institution.

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
HI,

One question i would be happy if someone thinks at this logically...

According to the new rule Computer engineering is of Priority. For some who has applied two years before, say in second half of 2011 and who has computer engineering as AOT and has more than 10 years experience in this field, do you think, applying the old rules would be logical? Because, some one who has applied after August 1st 2013 who is a computer engineering student and has all other characteristics similar, do you mean he will get priority over the candidate who is waiting for 2 years...

I think, this should not happen!!! I think, the immigration officer would take a conscious call on such cases.

Thanks

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
AMR2011 said:
HI,

One question i would be happy if someone thinks at this logically...

According to the new rule Computer engineering is of Priority. For some who has applied two years before, say in second half of 2011 and who has computer engineering as AOT and has more than 10 years experience in this field, do you think, applying the old rules would be logical? Because, some one who has applied after August 1st 2013 who is a computer engineering student and has all other characteristics similar, do you mean he will get priority over the candidate who is waiting for 2 years...

I think, this should not happen!!! I think, the immigration officer would take a conscious call on such cases.

Thanks
The same question is killing me...

I had sent my application on 22nd November 2011, as per courier tracking record, it has reached BIQ on 29th November 2011, and I have received my AOR on 29th December 2011.

I don't know whether rule before 6th December will apply to me or the rules after 6th December.

New rules are proving more beneficial for me since my degree is computer engineering.

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
Just i wonder, why we are wasting the time (somebody more than 3-4yrs also) to move quebec. we have some other good country(like australia, newzealand...,). 1 or 2 year its ok, more than 2yrs really bad. just i am asking your view/opinion.

bullrules

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Hello All,

Please have some patience. At this point of time no one is sure what exactly they choose whether new rules are applicable or old rules still apply for the already sent applications.

The purpose of this message for the past 7-10 days there are lot of messages regarding this new rules. I urge you to have some patience as no one is sure at this point. There is no useful activity that is going on. If this type of messages keep on repeating then it will make others to be away from this group. This channel should be effectively used for sharing useful information

Also i request the members to check the existing threads before posting a query as it will save lot of your time and others.

Sorry my intention is not to hurt others. I want to make this forum to be more effective.

Thanks

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Hi mdamalli,

My Application reached BIQ HK on Dec 2nd.. so we are close.. lets see.. what happens

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
AMR2011 said:
Hi mdamalli,

My Application reached BIQ HK on Dec 2nd.. so we are close.. lets see.. what happens
Oh! somebody is also on the same boat.. Well, we have to wait for more official clarifications..

-Malatesh

vooohhh

Aug 7, 2013
Hello everyone...need help-

1. I m a civil engineer with B-tech (4 yrs course)+ post grad certificate in Acm (2 yrs regular). how many point will be awarded for the qualification??

2. IELTS= Listening(7.5)+ speaking (6.5)...how many point will be awarded ??

feedback will be appreciated

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bullrules said:
Hello All,

Please have some patience. At this point of time no one is sure what exactly they choose whether new rules are applicable or old rules still apply for the already sent applications.

The purpose of this message for the past 7-10 days there are lot of messages regarding this new rules. I urge you to have some patience as no one is sure at this point. There is no useful activity that is going on. If this type of messages keep on repeating then it will make others to be away from this group. This channel should be effectively used for sharing useful information

Also i request the members to check the existing threads before posting a query as it will save lot of your time and others.

Sorry my intention is not to hurt others. I want to make this forum to be more effective.

Thanks
Totally agree with these statements. ;D

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
raistlin17phil said:
Thanks, Signalmaker, for the translation. My question is, if old rules are going to be applied with the exception of French language skills wherein one needs B2 level in order to get points, how come this is not published at all in the website? Or is it published and I just missed it? What I only see in the website is that it's either old rules or new rules, not old rules except for French language, as this guy is saying. And how come he just kept on answering people's questions and in the process, kept on contradicting himself? Surely, being a spokesperson, he would know when he is already contradicting himself, right? And he would know if he is already being vague. I mean, that comes with the position of being a spokesperson; he should know the ins and outs of the rules, and how and when they are going to be applied. So, given this situation, I think he should have taken the time to state all the parameters first, how they would handle those received before Dec. 6, 2011, those received from Dec. 6, 2011 up to July 31, 2013, and those received on August 1, 2013 and onwards. I believe all these time periods have different rules, therefore, him simply saying "old" and "new" rules while discussing these different time periods will only make everything unclear. From my perspective, "old" and "new" are very relative terms. Looking at this, I feel that even BIQ is unsure of how they are going to be applying the rules because if they were, it would have been an easy matter of delineating what rules will apply on each time period. Unless they're purposely doing this, making the process not transparent at all, to give them much discretion over the selection of the applications, which can be quite unfair, in my opinion. :(
unfortunately you are right, but anyways share me you case please , when did u apply and what update you have ?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
mdammalli said:
The same question is killing me...

I had sent my application on 22nd November 2011, as per courier tracking record, it has reached BIQ on 29th November 2011, and I have received my AOR on 29th December 2011.

I don't know whether rule before 6th December will apply to me or the rules after 6th December.

New rules are proving more beneficial for me since my degree is computer engineering.
old rules, older one before Dec 6th 2011

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manibalan said:
Just i wonder, why we are wasting the time (somebody more than 3-4yrs also) to move quebec. we have some other good country(like australia, newzealand...,). 1 or 2 year its ok, more than 2yrs really bad. just i am asking your view/opinion.
I do agree with you. I have already filled my application before 2 years and what i have got from them during this precious 2 years, just AOR .
And i also worked hard with my wife to reach DELF A2 level.
Every time when we ask for our status they really dont know what to answer. Same answer your file is in process, what the hell is that? It seems like i have wasted my 2 years, i should better apply for some other country like Aussie or NZ. They have very good system and once your application get selected, you will be assigned one Case Officer, so you can ask directly to him/her for any questions.

I am seriously thinking about to opt for one of them or may be some other country.