Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
The answer to any type of question related to old and new rules: NOBODY KNOWS!

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hello Friends,

Quebec seems to be dream from now onwards on the last minute changing language rules has made Quebec destination a nightmare.

Kind Regards

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
WizardOfQuébec said:
Hey! I received AOR in June 2011, and updated Delf A2 and Ielts 7 & 8 in Dec 2012. So for me old or new rules? Is it still Quebec Killed Worker for me ? :-D
old rules before Dec 6, 2011

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends

Don't worry about the new rules or old rules because it is logical that you will be given points according to the time you have applied and
secondly if they do not require more people than why they extended their time from March-2013 to July-2013.

So remember the rules when you have applied and you will be treated accordingly....

And i have called thrice in last 15 days and every time i got different reply from the call center agent..

First time it was told to me that my application is in active stage

Second time they told me that i will be treated as per old rules and today one lady told me that they are not sure and my application is
not started yet..

And recently i have passed TCFQ with A2 in both so will send next week to montreal

So don't worry as they will also issue more than 6600 CSQ in 2013 for ASIA so just chill

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi signalmaker,
thank you for sharing this info.
I need your help to understand some of the questions you typed in your post.

I sent my file in Sept-2011 and got my aor dated 11-11-2011, so will I be treated with new rules or rules before 6th Dec 2011.

pls help me with some source of info such as a link or something where I can take a look at the rules applicable before Dec 6th, 2011

Thanks again for spreading this positivity when every other person is worried about the uncertainty and ambiguity of the situation.

What I think is that it will be a much better option if we can wait some more for any further clarifications from Quebec Authorities regarding this confusion prevailing around the word "preliminary evaluation".

signalmaker said:
Guys as i promised , i have finished translating the session, please note:

1) this is my own translation from french to english and not official from any website.
2) the numbering of the question is not as they were answered in the session, becasue i skipped some questions that we are not interested in.

Here we go :

Question 1:
We have applied in the end of June, please tell me if the new rules will apply to us or not ?
Answer:
The most important thing, is the date at which the file was received and stamped.
If it was received before August 1st 2013, then old rules applies. Except for the language issue, even before August 1st, the linguistic requirements are still applicable. That will mean you will not obtain points for levels less than B2.
To make it easy, all applications received after 6 Dec 2011, will apply to new rules.

Question 2 :
How would I know about my file if it has started preliminary examination or not ?
Answer:
make it simple; If received between Dec 6th 2011 and before August 1st 2013, new rule will apply , unless if preliminary examination has been made.
Question 9 :

I have sent my app. In 2011, how shall I know if the preliminary examination have started , as I have the level B1 in French ?

If we received it before Dec 6th 2011, then old rules apply, if after this date and preliminary examination has not started yet then new rule will apply, but, anyway, you will b informed if any change will apply to you, ASAP.

Question 10 :
How much does it take to withdraw the money from us after opening the file ?

That shouldn't take much time ! not more weeks for sure.
Because this is the first thing should be done before starting the preliminary examination.

Good luck to all of us.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the forum recently after the announcment of the new changes... I can see that some of the members - Specially signalmaker has done a great job investigating the old/new rules dilemma....

Long story short, I have read the updated officer guide, listened to the officer information session, called Montreal 2 times and read the announcement on their website.

conclusion: post Dec 2011, they have started to evaluate the file before sending AOR, specially that it has to be in AOT list etc....
So, once they approve a file, deduct the money and send the AOR, the file turns to "Processing" in their system. however, they do not actually proceed with the file and we do not receive any updates from them due to the backlog they have....

So, giving the above, if you call the idiot call center guys and they tell you that your application is in "processing" stage, that means you will considered under the old rules....

ALSO: I noticed that they have updated the announcement page on their website and they have REMOVED the word: "Preliminary Examination" which caused the whole confusion. now they are saying:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html#note

All applications will be processed according to the new rules in effect as of August 1, 2013, with the exception of those for which processing began prior to that date.

If my conclusion is incorrect, then when they come to evaluate my file again, i wont pass the so called preliminary examination and they will reject my file....

Cheers!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
mkshah said:
hi signalmaker,
thank you for sharing this info.
I need your help to understand some of the questions you typed in your post.

I sent my file in Sept-2011 and got my aor dated 11-11-2011, so will I be treated with new rules or rules before 6th Dec 2011.

pls help me with some source of info such as a link or something where I can take a look at the rules applicable before Dec 6th, 2011

Thanks again for spreading this positivity when every other person is worried about the uncertainty and ambiguity of the situation.

What I think is that it will be a much better option if we can wait some more for any further clarifications from Quebec Authorities regarding this confusion prevailing around the word "preliminary evaluation".
Hello,

it is from a recording from the info sessions that the immigration itself makes, so it is official but i translated into english so that we all can understand it ..

Elexey_Nathan has the link .. unfortunately i didnt keep it ...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
By the way there is another session in August 21, or 22 i am not sure i will check and tell you

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Amirjs said:
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the forum recently after the announcment of the new changes... I can see that some of the members - Specially signalmaker has done a great job investigating the old/new rules dilemma....

Long story short, I have read the updated officer guide, listened to the officer information session, called Montreal 2 times and read the announcement on their website.

conclusion: post Dec 2011, they have started to evaluate the file before sending AOR, specially that it has to be in AOT list etc....
So, once they approve a file, deduct the money and send the AOR, the file turns to "Processing" in their system. however, they do not actually proceed with the file and we do not receive any updates from them due to the backlog they have....

So, giving the above, if you call the idiot call center guys and they tell you that your application is in "processing" stage, that means you will considered under the old rules....

ALSO: I noticed that they have updated the announcement page on their website and they have REMOVED the word: "Preliminary Examination" which caused the whole confusion. now they are saying:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html#note

All applications will be processed according to the new rules in effect as of August 1, 2013, with the exception of those for which processing began prior to that date.

If my conclusion is incorrect, then when they come to evaluate my file again, i wont pass the so called preliminary examination and they will reject my file....

Cheers!
Dear Amir,

Thank you for the nice explanation, but wait a moment .. why you contradicted yourself in the last sentence ?!

If you listened to the recording, and read the GPI_3, and followed up the forum and immigration .. and wrote what you have wrote above, then you know well you are not in the game we are talking about, right ?!

By the way :

It was " Processing in the mid of July ::)))), then they put Priliminary Examintion in the end of July , and now you notified us that it is Processing again.

Well this is much much better .. becasue the software at the call centre, only says " In Process " or not in process ...

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
signalmaker said:
Dear Amir,

Thank you for the nice explanation, but wait a moment .. why you contradicted yourself in the last sentence ?!

If you listened to the recording, and read the GPI_3, and followed up the forum and immigration .. and wrote what you have wrote above, then you know well you are not in the game we are talking about, right ?!

By the way :

It was " Processing in the mid of July ::)))), then they put Priliminary Examintion in the end of July , and now you notified us that it is Processing again.

Well this is much much better .. becasue the software at the call centre, only says " In Process " or not in process ...
Hi SignalMaker,

how am i contradict myself? I am saying: if my conclusion is not correct, then that means they will apply the new rules on me and i will get 0 for B1 and they will reject my file...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Amirjs said:
Hi SignalMaker,

how am i contradict myself? I am saying: if my conclusion is not correct, then that means they will apply the new rules on me and i will get 0 for B1 and they will reject my file...
hahah ... ok then .. but i am wondering why you choosed the opposite way, why didnt you say if my conclusion is correct, old rules will apply .. :))))

anyways good luck for all of us ..

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
signalmaker said:
hahah ... ok then .. but i am wondering why you choosed the opposite way, why didnt you say if my conclusion is correct, old rules will apply .. :))))

anyways good luck for all of us ..
Haha i don't know... maybe because nothing is certain with Quebec Killed Worker program LOL

I feel they are keeping a room for themselves to roam around by being foggy and unclear... this way, they can put obstacles for those who don't consider as genuine applicants maybe?

Anyways, best solution for now: keep calm and carry on! :)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Amirjs said:
Hello Everyone,

Cheers!
Explain this then: my app. was received in January, 2013. CC charged early March. A letter received from MICC 4-5 days later, header is RECU, basically a receipt of the CC charge, no AOR text, just a receipt number and a file number (VA0000XXXXX). Call center always says my file is opened, but not in process yet. So? This basically contradicts your theory, that CC charge of recent (post July 2012) applications means file is in process.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
oszi said:
Explain this then: my app. was received in January, 2013. CC charged early March. A letter received from MICC 4-5 days later, header is RECU, basically a receipt of the CC charge, no AOR text, just a receipt number and a file number (VA0000XXXXX). Call center always says my file is opened, but not in process yet. So? This basically contradicts your theory, that CC charge of recent (post July 2012) applications means file is in process.
This just ruined my theory then :) have you asked them what is the meaning of open? i know it's silly question but they might tell you: i mean, in process!

Look mate, we are trying to conclude the best out of the information we have... THEY should be more clear and transparent.... in fact, they should allow access for applicants to their files' status online.. come on! we are in 2013 for God sake!

Wish you the best...

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Amirjs said:
This just ruined my theory then :) have you asked them what is the meaning of open? i know it's silly question but they might tell you: i mean, in process!

Look mate, we are trying to conclude the best out of the information we have... THEY should be more clear and transparent.... in fact, they should allow access for applicants to their files' status online.. come on! we are in 2013 for God sake!

Wish you the best...
Thanks, I wish the best for all applicants. Actually I am good with old rules (63 points, waiver), I am good with new rules also (63 points again, priority?, waiver). The only thing that would kill my application, is if they only apply language rules, but not the new AOT list. That is why this strange info session signalmaker translated made me nervous...