+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
signalmaker said:
These two sentences from David Cohen are strange, the first one states that we can still get points, and other one says retroactively ..ect ..

It is important to note that applicants would not be disqualified for possessing less than B1 proficiency in French or English. The QSW application is assessed on a points system, and it is possible for an applicant to achieve sufficient points without being awarded points for their language skills.
These language rules will be effective for new applicants beginning August 1st, 2013. The rules will be effective retroactively for submitted files for which preliminary processing has not already begun. What constitutes ‘preliminary processing' has not been made clear in the government's announcement.
His comments are exclusive of one another. What he is saying is that an applicant may meet the cut off points without having any point awarded for language. This means other factors like age, AOT, etc may fetch an applicant the minimum number of points required even without the B2 french point. eg if a single applicant has 16 in AOT, 12 in education, 16 in age, 2 in family in Quebec, 1 in financial sufficiency, the total points will be 47 which will qualify him, regardless of the fact that no point was awarded for french....

Retroactivity = New rules affecting (B2 French) old actions (Pre August 1 applications for QSW that are yet to be preliminarily processed)....about the definition of preliminary processing, it remains a riddle :), yet to be solved

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lili3020 said:
How long do we have to wait to figure it out? :(
lili work on your french, take course, you have to wait 10 month for interview.
I think Umer friend was refused during interview because of french, his case same as you.

its easy you take course

Lili3020

Aug 7, 2013
lemans207 said:
lili work on your french, take course, you have to wait 10 month for interview.
I think Umer friend was refused during interview because of french, his case same as you.

its easy you take course
I wasn't supposed to go throw interview with PEQ program.They just check your file and if everything is complete, you"ll receive your CSQ. But now they require B2. I wonder if they retroactive the law:(

Lili3020

Aug 7, 2013
Lili3020 said:
I wasn't supposed to go throw interview with PEQ program.They just check your file and if everything is complete, you"ll receive your CSQ. But now they require B2. I wonder if they retroactive the law:(
Is ther anyone who recieved CSQ under PEQ program as quebec graduate. I'd like to konw how the process goes on. Is ther a file number and other things for this program? How can i make sure whether preliminary process has been started for my file or not.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lili3020 said:
they go for interview, you can see Montreal missions, but isnt PEQ is federal?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lili3020 said:
I just checked it again. You will not be called to an interview under the PEQ.
yes you confused me or us, you didnt apply for CSQ,, your federal applicant , no need for french maybe.

Try federal forum maybe some one applied there

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lili3020 said:
I just checked it again. You will not be called to an interview under the PEQ.
check these links i think there is CEQ//federal and PEQ //for quebec

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t156290.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t152111.0.html

biomed22

Mar 2, 2012
Dear friend i am new to this forum. I want to apply in quebec skilled worker programme which has been opened in august 1st. But i didnot find the process of application and way of calculating points. Please any can share the link how to calculate points.

I have completed masters degree in micrbiology.
Age- 29

Married

Ieltss 6.5

No children
4years of experience (Lecturer)

please help me by providing advise.

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
biomed22 said:
Dear friend i am new to this forum. I want to apply in quebec skilled worker programme which has been opened in august 1st. But i didnot find the process of application and way of calculating points. Please any can share the link how to calculate points.

I have completed masters degree in micrbiology.
Age- 29

Married

Ieltss 6.5

No children
4years of experience (Lecturer)

please help me by providing advise.
Hi biomed22,
Just a brief check, I think your final score is about 53 (your AOT is in the 6 points' group). You lack about 4 points for passing the preliminary selection point for final interview. So the advice is :
1. Having a baby until the end of this year ( this will contribute 4 points for passing the preliminary threshold)
2. Take the French test and have at least B2 level of speaking or listening section (This could contribute at least 5 points).
If you can accomplish 1 of 2 tasks above, I am sure that you will be selected for interview to gain more 5-6 points of adaptability (it's hard but not impossible because you should take interview in French). Then, from now, if you want to pursue applying to QSW, you should study French anyway. I hope this helps.

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
hello guys! last july 25 my papers was lodged thru my agent in montreal with out ielts(can be submitted with in 3 months) with 51 total points but as the new rules came( nsg got 16 points)so they added 4 points so now i got 55 points. the advice was that no need ielts and exempted in interview? is anyone here got thesame case with me? TIA!

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
mommy_pinay said:
My work entails

Health Assessment, Application of first aid, Health Education, Health records keeping, When we have students and employees that are sick we give them initial meds (OTC meds) and refers them to hospitals or clinics, Disease prevention, and annual vaccination.

The company is an Australian Skills training school.
You are good to go.

You will get 16 for AOT and all the points for experience because your tasks are nursing functions. Hope you have some documentation to proof that's what you did...good luck

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Guys, important news from the online info-session (it just finished).
The guy from the Minister de la Immigration du Quebec said: everybody who's application was received before august 1 2013 will be treated by the old rules EXCEPT for points for French. No points will be awarded if your level is below B2.