Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Dears,

I have a question about POF ( Proof of Fund ), for the federal stage, will i have to prove tthe number indicated in the CIC website ?

Knowing that there is no one field or information in the Check List for the federal application for selected Quebec Skilled workers, and neither in the forms we will have to fill.

Someone told me you will have to prove it for the Visa office, when they ask you for your passport to stamp the visa on it, and others said only when you land you will be asked to prove it !

Please advice.

Thank you !

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Re: French language tests

Hey All

As I plan to apply for the Quebec provincial program i am taking some steps to make sure that my french is at least ok for the interview.
I did Advanced french at university many years ago and now i am taking french classes again to brush up on it. My next step is to take the Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec.

Here are my questions:
1) What is the difference between TEFaQ, e-TEFAQ, and TCFQ (Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec) ? What does each test consist of? Which is easier?
2) Has anyone here done either of those tests?
3) Where could i find sample tests for either of those exams?

I hope someone can give me some deep and meaningful answers

Thanks.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017

sharedknowledge said:
Hey All

As I plan to apply for the Quebec provincial program i am taking some steps to make sure that my french is at least ok for the interview.
I did Advanced french at university many years ago and now i am taking french classes again to brush up on it. My next step is to take the Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec.

Here are my questions:
1) What is the difference between TEFaQ, e-TEFAQ, and TCFQ (Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec) ? What does each test consist of? Which is easier?
2) Has anyone here done either of those tests?
3) Where could i find sample tests for either of those exams?

I hope someone can give me some deep and meaningful answers

Thanks.

TCFQ is the easiest. It consists of Listening Comprehension for 30 mins and Speaking Assessment for 15 mins, total 45 mins. Go to www.tv5.org for sample questions. Studied and practiced on this website and got C1. Good luck and hope it helps u.

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
Yeah I didnt say its wrong info, I mean that was the mistakes of previous government, they put dept.
now things gonna change, trust me ;D check this
well dear you said it was a LIE,

lemans207 said:
This is nothing dear, its the value of taxes quebec pay to federal each year, its just a lie debt
and lie is far way from mistake. a lie is intentional, but mistake is at least you are honest no intention to fool others. please be most considerate enough not to mislead everybody here by posting at least unofficial statement or something that you dont even have the tiniest idea about it. when you said it was a LIE debt, do you have any proof about it? thats what im talking about dear, lets be proffesional and most considerate to others in this forum. this is not a market where you can say anything you want, please read the subcategory of this forum i believe WE belong to SKILLED WORKER PROFESSIONAL IMMIGRATION FORUM. not vendors on the street telling words just to sell its product even your products do not realy reflect your uttered words.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012

Stylove said:

TCFQ is the easiest. It consists of Listening Comprehension for 30 mins and Speaking Assessment for 15 mins, total 45 mins. Go to www .tv5. org for sample questions. Studied and practiced on this website and got C1. Good luck and hope it helps u.
How long did it take you to get at that level and how much effort/time you need to put in?

applicant.wife

Sep 8, 2011
kumarbadalabad said:
well dear you said it was a LIE,

and lie is far way from mistake. a lie is intentional, but mistake is at least you are honest no intention to fool others. please be most considerate enough not to mislead everybody here by posting at least unofficial statement or something that you dont even have the tiniest idea about it. when you said it was a LIE debt, do you have any proof about it? thats what im talking about dear, lets be proffesional and most considerate to others in this forum. this is not a market where you can say anything you want, please read the subcategory of this forum i believe WE belong to SKILLED WORKER PROFESSIONAL IMMIGRATION FORUM. not vendors on the street telling words just to sell its product even your products do not realy reflect your uttered words.
Hi, you are absolutely correct.

Hi. Leman207 and for all member of this forum please have a minute to read attached article for everybody info...happy reading....

Regards,
:) :) :) :) :)

MONTREAL — Almost half of Quebecers support the idea of the province adopting a secular charter, according to a new Internet poll commissioned jointly by The Gazette and Le Devoir.

Premier Pauline Marois raised the thorny issue of her government’s intention to adopt a secular charter recently after a two-day meeting with her Parti Québécois caucus. The survey of 1,024 Quebecers was done by the Léger polling firm on Feb. 5 and 6, and seeks to tease out Quebecers’ positions on dozens of current political issues.

Forty-nine per cent of those surveyed said they support or strongly support the idea of Quebec adopting a Charter of secular values. In a related question, 54 per cent agreed that Quebec should officially declare itself to be a secular province.

Christian Bourque, vice-president and executive director of Léger, said these results are positive for the government since it has already announced its intention to move in this direction.

“But the government has to be careful this doesn’t become another Hérouxville,” Bourque said, referring to the controversial code of conduct for immigrants passed by the town of Hérouxville in 2007.

“We saw during the Bouchard-Taylor commission hearings (on reasonable accommodation of practises related to cultural differences) certain points of view were expressed that were xenophobic, and Quebecers want to be seen as tolerant.”

The vast majority of respondents — 81 per cent — also agreed with the statement: “In Quebec, equality of the sexes should prevail over freedom of religion.”

While the poll suggests Quebecers like the direction the government is taking on issues of secularity, they don’t seem to support the PQ’s idea of taking bilingual status away from municipalities where less than 50 per cent of residents have English as their mother tongue. Fifty-four per cent of respondents objected to that idea, and only 31 per cent were in favour, while 15 per cent didn’t know or refused to answer.

In terms of voting intentions, the PQ is still slightly ahead of the Liberals, with 33 per cent support to the Liberals’ 31 per cent. The Coalition Avenir Québec would get 20 per cent of the vote if elections had been held earlier this month, Québec solidaire eight per cent, Option nationale and the Green Party of Québec would each get three per cent.

Despite the PQ coming to power, support for sovereignty has been falling. In January of 2012, support for sovereignty was at 43 per cent, while the new poll shows it was down to 37 per cent in early February of this year.

“Since 2002 we have never seen support for sovereignty get above 43 per cent, and it has never gone below 36 per cent, so nothing is really moving there. Even the majority of francophones say they don’t want a referendum,” Bourque noted.

Only 30 per cent of Quebecers would like to see a referendum on sovereignty held in the next five years, while 60 per cent would not. Among francophones, 36 per cent said they want a referendum on sovereignty in the next five years, while 54 per cent said they don’t. Among the three declared candidates for leader of the Liberal Party, Philippe Couillard was the clear favourite among respondents with 32 per cent support, second was Raymond Bachand with 13 per cent and Pierre Moreau had 10 per cent.

And despite the intense interest young people have demonstrated in issues such as tuition fees and the “Occupy” movement over the past year, the vast majority of Quebecers still think 16 and 17 year olds are too young to vote. Asked whether they favour giving voting rights to 16 and 17-year-olds, 80 per cent of Quebecers said they were against the idea.

The poll also asked about resource exploitation, and the types of energy production respondents would favour. Seventy-nine per cent of respondents said they favour wind farm development, 64 per cent said they favour oil exploitation, and only 25 per cent said they are in favour of shale gas exploitation.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Nearly+half+Quebecers+support+secular+charter+poll+shows/7940980/story.html

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well they collected up to now 600,000 signatures who wants sovereingty, quebec population is 7 million , consider 50% who are above 18 and can vote, 3.5 million then consider 80% will vote 2.8 million ,

so in short period they collected 600,000 out of 2.5 million , , they still need less than 700,000 votes. which is so easy.
if you see paris biq every 3 months provide 10,000 visas , per year 40,000 ill find you the link on quebec web.

so within 10 years they can change the demography,

but forget about all these news and rumors ,, just think that within 100 days,parti quebecois was able to make good things which old government didnt do during 9 years, its also perfect, these people they fight to do good things for citizens :D

so we will be lucky :)

applicant.wife said:
Hi, you are absolutely correct.

“Since 2002 we have never seen support for sovereignty get above 43 per cent, and it has never gone below 36 per cent, so nothing is really moving there. Even the majority of francophones say they don't want a referendum,” Bourque noted.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Nearly+half+Quebecers+support+secular+charter+poll+shows/7940980/story.html

Alexander(manchester)

Sep 29, 2012
I need some Advice

I live in UK and i sent my application to this address :
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage,
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

this is because they said they were no longer collecting applications in Paris from my area
and their advice is to send to the above stated address. i therefore sent mine to the address
in October 2012. i used registered mail and tracked it online and found that it was recieved
but up till now i have NOT recieved any message from them at all.
am really getting worried.
please is there anyone who applied to the same address or anyone facing similar experience?
i don't have their email or number so that i can contact them please someone should help me out.
they have NOT charged my account too.

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
Well they collected up to now 600,000 signatures who wants sovereingty, quebec population is 7 million , consider 50% who are above 18 and can vote, 3.5 million then consider 80% will vote 2.8 million ,

so in short period they collected 600,000 out of 2.5 million , , they still need less than 700,000 votes. which is so easy.
if you see paris biq every 3 months provide 10,000 visas , per year 40,000 ill find you the link on quebec web.

so within 10 years they can change the demography,

but forget about all these news and rumors ,, just think that within 100 days,parti quebecois was able to make good things which old government didnt do during 9 years, its also perfect, these people they fight to do good things for citizens :D

so we will be lucky :)
never mind. go on take a hike. i believe all people here have at least their own well functioning coconut shels to know wat is realy goin on with quebec and its government.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just work on your french to be fluent 8) to face the storm ;D in 2015 no more english schools :eek:

kumarbadalabad said:
never mind. go on take a hike. i believe all people here have at least their own well functioning coconut shels to know wat is realy goin on with quebec and its government.

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
just work on your french to be fluent 8) to face the storm ;D in 2015 no more english schools :eek:
no problem for me dear, why do you wory your self with that are you going there as a student? and a piece of advice for you, as a student please dont leave questions unanswered, you might fail by doing that. ;D take time to backread you might have intentionaly or unintentionaly missed some questions for you dear. to make this forum running smoothly please practice professionalism here people. as a profesional please do make sure all statements are true and corect and of course must be oficial and like the documents askd by biq offices, it must be authenticated by the issuing authorities :p

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
Re: I need some Advice

Hi alexander,

Just wait till the end of february. I sent my application there too and I'm from london. I had to wait 4 months before I received my aor.

Alexander(manchester) said:
I live in UK and i sent my application to this address :
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage,
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

this is because they said they were no longer collecting applications in Paris from my area
and their advice is to send to the above stated address. i therefore sent mine to the address
in October 2012. i used registered mail and tracked it online and found that it was recieved
but up till now i have NOT recieved any message from them at all.
am really getting worried.
please is there anyone who applied to the same address or anyone facing similar experience?
i don't have their email or number so that i can contact them please someone should help me out.
they have NOT charged my account too.

liberwoman

Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Chemical engineering ???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 2011for qsw/ 19 jul12 for federal
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011/Jan 2012/7nov rfpr
Nomination.....
26Jun12 for qsw
AOR Received.
06 nov11 for qsw / 19 aug12 for federal
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
07 nov12
Med's Done....
schedule 22nov12
Interview........
26-06-2012
Passport Req..
18 jan 2013 finally only two weeks for the end of the journey
VISA ISSUED...
07 feb12
LANDED..........
not quite sure
Hi Guys,

I am finally at the end of the tunnel after 1year3months. Received my passport with visa and corp last thursday. Usually london vo asked u to come back two weeks after dropping your passeport. I came a week after and it was already ready. so you really do not have to wait that long.

Good luck to everyone. Dont get discouraged by the process as it is very overwhelming. Go with your gut always.... Thats what I have been doing. True that you get some comments, advice from forum but before appling/using them do YOUR OWN RESEARCH and do not follow blindfolded as no one really knows what they think/want/process our applications.

They are very knowledgeable seniors member in this forum. But for them to help you you need to first help yourselves. Do your own research, Do your homework! What I have realised is that they are so many people who come to this forum having no idea of the whole process because they just did not even bother to take 24h to read about it and to go through what others have posted.

I will do my best from now on to help other people whenever they need helps (will do my best.)

Good luck to you all and Iam praying for u guys.

thx

LBW

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
liberwoman said:
Hi Guys,

I am finally at the end of the tunnel after 1year3months. Received my passport with visa and corp last thursday. Usually london vo asked u to come back two weeks after dropping your passeport. I came a week after and it was already ready. so you really do not have to wait that long.

Good luck to everyone. Dont get discouraged by the process as it is very overwhelming. Go with your gut always.... Thats what I have been doing. True that you get some comments, advice from forum but before appling/using them do YOUR OWN RESEARCH and do not follow blindfolded as no one really knows what they think/want/process our applications.

They are very knowledgeable seniors member in this forum. But for them to help you you need to first help yourselves. Do your own research, Do your homework! What I have realised is that they are so many people who come to this forum having no idea of the whole process because they just did not even bother to take 24h to read about it and to go through what others have posted.

I will do my best from now on to help other people whenever they need helps (will do my best.)

Good luck to you all and Iam praying for u guys.

thx

LBW

Hello LBW many congrats on your success, please i have a question, i wish you or any older member could help me out. i have since calculated my points on the qsw program, currently without the test i score 61. well u might wonder how i arrived at 61 . first i hold an MBA business Administration i think that gives me 12, my area of training is accounting( degree obtained 9 years ago) but i have worked in a bank for 8 years now and currently an operations manager, so area of training 6. work experience 8, age is 33 that gives 16 points, children 2 ages 3 and 1, that gives 8 points, financially am capable that gives 1 point . On my part without the spouse i got 55. for my spouse she has B.sc degree double major in Economics and statistics. so she get 3 points for education and her age is 33 as well , so she gets 3 points. these added to the previous 55 gives 61. but i read through the area of training and i saw somewhere points for accompanying spouse who read probability and statistics will get 3 points for that. do you think quebec will award us 3 points for her economics and statistics degree? this is my question. anyone with knowledge should please respond. any response is appreciated. many thanks in advance.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadabigboy said:
Hello LBW many congrats on your success, please i have a question, i wish you or any older member could help me out. i have since calculated my points on the qsw program, currently without the test i score 61. well u might wonder how i arrived at 61 . first i hold an MBA business Administration i think that gives me 12, my area of training is accounting( degree obtained 9 years ago) but i have worked in a bank for 8 years now and currently an operations manager, so area of training 6. work experience 8, age is 33 that gives 16 points, children 2 ages 3 and 1, that gives 8 points, financially am capable that gives 1 point . On my part without the spouse i got 55. for my spouse she has B.sc degree double major in Economics and statistics. so she get 3 points for education and her age is 33 as well , so she gets 3 points. these added to the previous 55 gives 61. but i read through the area of training and i saw somewhere points for accompanying spouse who read probability and statistics will get 3 points for that. do you think quebec will award us 3 points for her economics and statistics degree? this is my question. anyone with knowledge should please respond. any response is appreciated. many thanks in advance.
I believe this depends when the degree is completed. If its more than 5 years unless you are not working in the related occupation you cannot claim points, may be some one can give better suggestion..